Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Admiral

I am reading The Asylum series by Jocelynn Drake at the moment. The series is only two shorts and two regular novels so far and I'm about to start the second long novel. Can't wait for more. It sort of reminds me of the Harry Dresden books.
Old January 16th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Admiral

So, what are you guys reading? I just finished up the Jaz Parks series. I have some stand alone books I could read or I could go into another series of books, so I am debating.

Judy, was the last Rita Mae Brown book good? I still have not gotten around to reading it. I keep on going into series.
Old January 16th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Default Kindles and Ipads and Books, Oh My

I think that was "Litter of the Law," and yes, it was good. Seems like she hasn't written anything recently.

I just finished Stewart Woods' newest, "Standup Guy." Looks like it's going to be continued into another book.

Judy
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Currently reading The Book Thief, which I'm not getting through quickly and Vince Flynn's Separation of Power.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Admiral

I just put Litter of the Law on my reading list as my next book to be shipped from my club. And I decide to read the Jane True series by Nicole Peeler. The first book is only fair so far but I'm not that far into it. Since these are library reads it won't be a big deal if they are not stellar. I hope it picks up, though.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I am in the middle of the new John Grisham book, so far, very good.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Well, it's been a few months, so what are you guys reading? I recently read the Divergent trilogy. Good but not Hunger Games good.

I just finished The Book Thief last night. A friend told me I had to read this book. I understand why she told me I had to now. Wow, what a story. I felt rage, grief, joy, and just about every other emotion a human can feel. It is a powerful story.

When I've recovered from The Book Thief, I've got Kim Harrison's The Undead Pool, Lisa Gardner's Fear Nothing, and Rita Mae Brown's The Litter of the Law waiting on me. I'll be ordering the new Patricia Briggs book soon.

Also waiting on me is Tracy Chevalier's The Runaway. I don't know when I'll get to that. I love her books but they always leave me wiped out emotionally.

So, what have you guys been reading and what do you have planned?
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I am listening to a Florida mystery on my Kindle right now,and I love that option. I really have been lax about reading for a while,and I need to get back to my very long list of Kindle books..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 22nd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Trip, I've downloaded a couple of free books on kindle the past week but they are on the backburner. There is usually a backlog of books waiting and not enough time.

My kindle is just the standard old kindle. I've never wanted a fancy one before...but the thought of the late Robert Jordan reading one of his books....

Well, nice thought but not enough...