Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Default Frosty Friday!

Morning Mates, from a frosty Pictou County. I am looking at a beautiful pink sunrise over the mountain pines, and we're sitting at -3C or 26F this morning.
I am up extra early to get to an eye doctor appointment, then some errands, back home, then off to my last day of work. The schools are shutting early this year, we have the whole week before Christmas off, which is nice, except I don't get paid.

Last night we had a visit from the friend who adopted the Rottweiller puppy a few months ago. "Junior" is already a big boy at 8 months old, but still wants to play like a puppy, and he had Emma playing like a puppy again!
They danced, and lip wrestled, and chewed on each other, kissed each other and generally had a good romp. They even took time out for a picture:

There are a few more in the Personal Gallery if you care to look....

Wishing you all a nice Friday, as we ease into the last weekend before Christmas.....

donna
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Captain

Thank goodness the snow has stopped at least for awhile. Our total accumulation yesterday was 7 inches. It doesn't sound like much compared to what Mike got but for us that is a lot. Our school system is on a 2 hr delay, but it won't surprise me if the end up closing. Many of the back roads have yet to see a snow plow let alone be safe for school buses. I am waiting for my daughter to bring the 2 grandkids over for the day. If there is school the oldest will be put on the bus while the little one and I play all day. Little one usually goes to a sitter on Friday but due to the snow you can't get to her house yet so I'm the subsitute.
Yesterday was a mess here. D/H and I spent 2 hrs shoveling the driveway so that his semi could get in to make the scheduled delivery. Had it in pretty good shape when we got the call the driver couldn't get here. So much for all our work. Thanks to another route driver the product was delivered to him so D/H is going to work out of his building until Sat. when we will move things back to our warehouse. Oh how I wish D/H would retire so we could get out of this crazy winter weather.
Everyone have a great day and prayers continue for those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 17th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Sue and all who follow.

Donna, your pictures of the doggies and the ones yesterday of the Christmas houses are absolutely precious.

Am glad Sue, that your and your hubby's shoveling efforts ended up paying off.

Thankfully, our "World of Ice" has finally started to really melt which is a good thing because I've a cardiology appointment up in Johnson City at 10:30.

Also have to go to Sam's Club and get some lobster tails for Christmas Eve. Fran and I always splurged for them and this year will be no different. Our good friend Camellia always spends Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us so there will still be three of us since DeAnna will be here. She is coming up on Thursday to help me prepare everything. We have decided to drop the lamb from Christmas dinner and just go with the prime rib and turkey. Actually, the lamb was for her because she loves it more than anyone else so I'm fixing that for her for supper on Thursday. This way she doesn't get "done out."

Hope everyone has a good day and please drive extra carefully out there if it's cold and icy where you live. Phyll, Ken, Laura and those of you in Florida can get out there on I-75, I-95 or I-4 whatever is the case and "hammer down." Of course I know you don't want to drive like that but truth be told, they'll just run over you if you don't. That memory of driving in Florida was refreshed when I went to Orlando and drove also to Tampa and Daytona.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Love to all,

TDH
Old December 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. It's finally warm enough to put away my winter parka. I'm going to take a ride down to the Jupiter inlet, and enjoy the scenery for a little bit this morning.

Todd, hope all goes well with your doctor appointment today. Maybe you shouldn't tell them about your Christmas meal plans. :-)

Donna, I love the doggie picture.

Sue, I don't envy you out there shoveling snow, and dealing with icy roads. Sometimes I enjoyed shoveling snow and seeing all the neighbors out and about in the winter, but not that often. Enjoy those little ones.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old December 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

G'Morning Mates, from lovely downtown Polk County Florida, where it got up in the 60's yesterday, and headed for 70 plus today! Todd, you're absolutely correct! We live pretty much on I-4, and if you don't run 80, they'll run over you! So happy to see you posting regularly again, and keeping busy. Your menu sounds fantastic!
Well, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) got her Christmas present yesterday. A new lawn tractor, as her old one was burning a bit of oil. I'll rebuild the engine in it, and keep it for my "towing" tractor around here. I've got a third one that is in pretty good condition, but a bit smaller, so I'll clean it up and sell it.
Donna, I hope you enjoy your days off. A BIG hello to James, and I LOVE the photos of the pups. Looks like they're having a good time.
Later,

Ken
"SKY"
Old December 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Great to see all of you posting this morning, especially you Todd (I'll give you a jingle this weekend)! Funny I felt right at home on the Florida Interstates...lol, it's kind of like the U.S. version of driving on the Autobahn.

Well the weekend is right around the corner... I admit I am very excited about that! I'm not sure why, but for some reason I am. I don't have a hot date planned or anything like that. Just time here at home with the fam. I am trying to think of some fun stuff for us to do. Maybe if it isn't too cold out, we might go sledding or tubing. Otherwise we'll probably just hang out and watch movies. My shopping is done, so really it is pretty much smooth sailing from here on out. I think my Sis will be coming over tomorrow night to exchange gifts. We'll probably sit, have some wine, and relax!

I thought I was off the hook for Sunday, since choir practice was canceled and the kids were doing their program, but it looks like I'll be singing Oh Holy Night Sunday at church. Who knew there were that many verses to that song <shrug> I am happy that what ever creeping crud has afflicted me over the past month or so, is finally passing, but my vocal cords are still a bit congested.... hopefully it won't sound like I am singing from atop Mt. Wannahockaloogy. Ugh! I hate that!

I have to go help the sitter in a bit. She's a little short handed and needs to run to the school to pick up a kid, so I get to watch all the little curtain climbers while she runs.

That's it for now. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning
We had a light dusting of snow over night. The sun is shinning right now and I hope it stays out the rest of the day. I can live with the cold and snow but I need sunshine!
The ginger house is assembled and waiting to be decorated, maybe tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great day!

RD… I just love the pictures! I love how dogs smile and they have such soulful eyes.
. Todd…What time is dinner??? I’ll take two tails please.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........the temps have dipped into the upper 30's.........40's for the highs.......but I'll take it.......it's not TOO cold.......

Glad to see the weekend almost here.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

Last edited by LS80; December 17th, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I have no weather, no plans, and no clothes on Nope I'm not delivering mail.

Mrs. Kuki is still in a deep state of sleep, probably dreaming about me. I'm slurping my morning coffee.

Truly have a day of nothing on the agenda. I may just do nothing all day, and then rate myself for how good a job I did.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good good morning mates

We are still in the sunshine, temps are not too bad, but a storm is predicted for sunday evening.
We will enjoy the clear weather till then and finish our Christmas preparations.

Wish you all a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cool, overcast, Texas. I also need the sunshine, so I hope it will find it's way somehow.

I have been busy on the computer this morning. I do games and puzzles to stimulate my brain, each morning, and it seems to help with the rest of the day.

Todd, I am so glad you are going to be surrounded by loved ones. It won't be easy, but after it is over you will feel good about doing it.

Donna, I loved your pictures.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,,
No sun here,,,sure could use some. We got about 3" snow yesterday so schools are closed again today. Main roads are clear,,,but like Sue our back roads are nasty. Police said they had over 300 wrecks yesterday,,,unreal.

We had a wreck of sorts,,a pipe on our hot tub busted. Weird as it was on and full of hot water. Dh and my bro are fixing it this a.m. so we will be back in business tomorrow. Can't do without that for very long,,,

Todd so glad you will have company for the holidays,,,dinner sounds yummy. We usually do heavy o'dorvs (sp) on Christmas eve @ my daughters home and then I do dinner on Christmas day.

I must get to the stores sometime today and quit procrastinating,,,I have lots of xmas shopping to do yet. Beanie sure wish I was done,,,lucky you!!!

Asking for special prayers this a.m. for my son in law,,,his father K.T was just diagnosed with lung & liver cancer.

Hope everyone has a great TGIF !!!

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Frosty Friday

Good morning from soggy SoCal. Our daily rains (until Thursday) have started, accompanied by cold temps.

Donna, I loved the pic of the dogs, and Emma's Christmas bandana was so cute!:-D

After Keith gets back from the gym, we'll go to King's Fish House in Orange not just for lunch but also to buy a gift certificate. That's the last of our shopping for this year. Now to the wrapping. Next thing we know, it's be Christmas of 2011!;-)

Have a good day!

Judy
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I see cruise people.

Good afternoon from the "Deflated Dome" capital of the U.S.

I'm waiting for a call back from my doc. I awoke this morning with some pretty good pain in my shoulder, shoulder blade and left chest.

I would normally not take much notice to this but last time they did a pacemaker implantation and put in leads I ended up with pericarditis and there is no way in heck I want that again. It's the only time in my long and eventful medical history have I ever had tears in my eyes from pain.

Bring on the steroids. Then again, those damn things are almost as bad as the pericarditis. Betty has to keep a cattle prod handy to keep me in line when I'm on that high of a dose. She keeps the cattle prod handy at other time too.

Well: I hope everyone has their Christmas shopping done and if you don't there is always "re-gifting".

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me