Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, and the Countdown Begins....

Morning Mates, and welcome to the last week before Christmas! Are you ready?
My shopping is done, wrapped, and mailed off to its destinations, with only a few left under our own tree. I'm still waiting on FedEx for the last one....
I have done NO Christmas baking this year, but my hubby is making noises about not having any tortieres (meat pies) so I guess I will make some this week. I am off work now, so I have no excuses!
I did not get any Christmas cards out this year either, and judging by the numbers that have come in (4) I am not alone in that! I guess e-mail greetings have taken over from the mail.....

It looks dull out there today, and we have another weather warning out for a strong nor'easter coming with lots of wind, rain and snow for tonight and tomorrow. I hope we don't lose power again, but if I don't post tomorrow, you'll know why!

donna
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I am just one gift card away from being finished, I will find out which one to get today, so that will be easy. Other than that and one thing to bake on Friday, I'm ready.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cold day in store for us today with snow coming a little later this afternoon. Up early to drop D/S off a high bowling tournament from 8:30 - 4:00. Have a doctor appointment and then coffee with a dear friend of the family who lost her husband of 60 years a few months ago.

RDů I have cut down on my card sending this year. We usually send out around 40 cards but this year we cut in half. We also have received about a dozen cards as we use to get no less than thirty.

My baking will kick in to high gear tomorrow although I will hopefully be able to start at least on cookie dough tonight for baking tomorrow.
Have a great day!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are working on two countdowns. Besides Christmas we are counting the days until we leave for our vacation. On tuesday the 28th we will be driving to Florida, then we have A cruise on the the Allure on the 16th of jan.
After that we will have to come back to the Tundra because of family obligations.

We must be old-fashioned because we still get several dozen of Christmas cards and send them as well.

Have a nice day mates

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Taking Trip's challenge from yesterday.
I have lurked here for several years and read the good morning thread almost every day and feel like I know some of you very well.
Have only met "Sky" once on a Legend cruise.

Shopping is not finished as we returned from a Carnival Liberty cruise on on Dec. 11th and promptly both my DH and I have the usual sinus infections.

I am retired (early retirement) and my DH has retired twice but can't quite get used to it so he has gone back to work part-time which is only about 50 hours a week.
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am sitting here trying to get motivated to do something productive. I am really not sure what it is that needs to be done, because the choices are quite limitless really argh! It never ends. The lists get longer and the piles get higher lol.

Just a few days left until Christmas! I am pleased to announce that I am done with the shopping and all that stuff. I have no actual plans for the Holiday itself.

I think we'll just stay home here and let the kids open their gifts. We'll watch them and have a simple meal of turkey and a few trimmings, and really just enjoy a nice quiet day together.

I think I will work on getting to the bottom of the laundry pile today and perhaps reclaiming my bedroom, which looks as though it has been hit by a cyclone.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's a blahblah day out there,and maybe the sun will shine by Thursday I have absolutely no ambition,and that's not good this week!

Welcome Bjm, to the morning thread, it's nice to welcome you to the family! We will all be over for desert Saturday

I need to go to the supermarket,for all the things to go along with the BIG BAD turkey, sitting in the fridge. I will cook it's baby brother, the night before to have more turley and stuffing..no ham this year.

I do wish I was on board a ship.,and having dinner served to me Oh well, the fam won't allow that

Make it a good one...memo to the lurkers, follow Bjm's lead,and come say hi

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 20th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning. It's sunny once again in southern Florida. Pretty chilly out there, but it will be a great day.

Welcome to the good morning thread bjm. It's always nice when new people join the posting.

I'm just about ready for Christmas. Done a little baking, and I'll have some more to do as the weekend approaches. Later today I will be making a grasshopper pie to take to our ladies Bible study Christmas party tomorrow night. Had to buy a big bottle of green Creme de Minth. This would be the second bottle as I dropped the first one on my white tile floor, and then got to watch the big green blob ooze all over. Fortunately it cleaned up and no evidence is left. Glad it wasn't on the carpet!

Have a great day all.
Phyll
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......wind & rain are on the schedule for today........oh well......

Welcome to bjm.......we don't bite........

It's Monday...........so that means laundry....so much fun.......

Already for Christmas.....got the last gift yesterday......for the granddaughter.......been looking for over a month & finally found it!!!!

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny Texas, where the temps should be very mild today.

I have finished our shopping, and have received 2 cards in the mail. I love cards, and use to send many, but have cut back over the years.

I will probably start my cooking on Thursday, as I don't want to be in the kitchen all day Sat.

Glad to wake up to the news that No. Korea has calmed down. I was concerned when I went to sleep last night, as to what the day would bring.

Welcome to the family BJM. We are glad that you are involved in the morning talk.

Phyll, Yuk!!

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from the patio perch in Scottsdale, where it feels like the beginning of a very pleasant day with temps heading to the low 70s.

Watching a frustrated coyote on the golf course trying to catch some geese. They just stand there until he's close, then jump into the water. Something I didn't know... apparently coyote can't swim, because he just stands at water's edge looking mad.

I have a golf game later this morning, and Mrs. Kuki has a water color class, then she'll pick me up, and lord knows what will happen after that
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
First Mate

I am a lurker here for quite some time. I feel as if I know many of you. I am hoping to join in the fun.

I have a favor to ask. Below is a picture of a Christmas present I am getting from DH on the 27th. I am looking for a name for her. I have a couple in mind, but they are really common names. I would like something different. Please give me your ideas. And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. By the way, it is 14 degrees F here and we are to have a white Christmas! Bbrrrrrr.

Old December 20th, 2010, 11:30 AM
First Mate

Oops, there are a couple more views in the albums under "Christmas Present" Thank you
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Kuki, I watched a video ofthis the other day..If your coyote only had a surf board

Coyote Floating On Ice Patch Rescued

Hamia..welcome to Cruisemates,and what a cute poochie....It may be a common name but at this time of year, I think Holly, would be a cute name....see you tomororrow!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Admiral

A late good morning. As Phyllis said it is cooooool in Fl. Woke up this morning to no electric, it was nice when it came back on for the heater to kick on.

All my Christmas shopping has been done for a couple of weeks. Actually took almost all the gifts to our daughters a week ago, figured they would be fine there.

I am only going to bake some cookies. After getting home for our Liberty cruise I made 10 doz Rum Ballls and most have been delivered. Only keep some for us.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Welcome Haimia

What a pretty puppy. Is that a boarder collie?

Is it male or female?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Monday and the Countdown Begins . . .

Good morning! It's a weather mess here in CA, apparently from one end of the state to the other. Lots of accidents, power shortages, tree upheavals, and any other disaster you can think of. No relief until Thursday and three more storms will barrel through before then.

Donna, our Christmas card pile is much lower, too. I noticed that last year, as well.

I have four gifts to wrap and then all I do is wait for the celebration.

What a cute puppy! Please tells us the breed and sex.

I hope everybody stays warm and dry.

Judy
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Admiral

A big CM welcome to bjm123 and to Haimia for joining us on the morning thread!
Please tell us a little about yourselves, and your cruising history and/or dreams...

Haimia, you mentioned the puppy was a "her", otherwise I would have suggested "Frank" as in "Old blue eyes". Is she an Australain Shepherd?
She sure is adorable, I love her colouring.
I heard a pretty girl's name today, "Annais" pronounced "Ann-I", might make a good puppy name...

donna
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone and a special Good Morning to Haimia and bjm.

It's snowing.........again. The big news is the Vikings playing in the U of M's stadium because The Dome deflated in the storm two weeks ago. I think they are going to have an "interesting" game. 6 - 8 inches of snow this afternoon and evening and temps in the teens or single digits. These aren't the "Purple People Eater" Vikings of the 60's and 70's. These are the Vikings who only know a nice warm field. It should be fun watching what happens tonight.

I really have nothing on the agenda. Betty will blow snow before she leaves for work and she'll take the Suburban to make sure she can make it home.

Haimia: Naming a pup is a very personal thing and only you can give it the "right" name.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
First Mate

The pup is a miniature Australian Shepherd female - blue Merle with copper points . It is a 3.5 hour drive to get her!! My DH found the ad in a local auto/rv freebie newspaper and I saw the pups a week ago. Another week to go before we get her. But, she was only 5 weeks when we saw her and the Christmas holiday is NOT the time to get a new pup. So, we will wait! And, I know naming her is a personal thing, just looking for more ideas.

DH and I have been on several cruises. In 2007, we did 11 day southern Caribbean on RCCL Empress (sold shortly after our cruise). Last April, we did DCL Magic Transatlantic (absolutely loved it!). We have a westbound transatlantic scheduled for late fall in 2011 with RCCL. I have done a few more cruises in the 90's but not sure of cruise line or ship.

Happy to be here!
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Haimai,
My daughter has 2 Australian Shepherds. One is a minature (although not that small) and the other is standard size. They both have very different personalities, but she is having fun doing sheep herding and agility with them. Enjoy you new pup, whatever you decide to name her.

Phyll
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm123 View Post
I am retired (early retirement) and my DH has retired twice but can't quite get used to it so he has gone back to work part-time which is only about 50 hours a week.
I retired in june of last year. I got used to it from day one. I have plenty of interests to keep me busy and I don't even know what boredom is.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jim has several hobbies but he likes to stay busy all day.
Me, I can sit with the best of them.
We have 3 grown girls, each has one child.
Oldest has a son on the GW in Japan.
Middle has a daughter 22, she lives nearby.
Youngest has a son, 3 1/2 and they live a few miles away.
He really keeps us busy.