Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Good Wed. morning rain

Good Morning cruisemates! Assuming RD must be without power this morning due to the storm they were experiencing.

It's going to be a rainy day in Scottsdale today.. overflow from the horrendous rains they are getting in California. As a result today will be more of an indoor day for we snowbirds.

I'll be busy doing what I love so much... washing the floors in the condo, and doing laundry.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning, the rain has stopped here.
Cool and cloudy day to finish all my shopping.

They are now saying we will have some snow accumulation on Christmas Day, hope it does not make a mess of our dinner. They are forecasting about 1 inch but we are not used to much snow and don't have the equipment in our county to take care of this. I know this sounds like such a little bit of snow to a lot of you.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............upper 40's out already.......I'll take it.......

Todd.............not sure which Washington you were looking it.......but it must be the other one.......we're only gonna get up to the high 40's.......wish it was in the 70's!!!!!

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Woke up to a snowy, sleeting, ugly mess. The area schools are delaying or canceling classes. DH said the roads were not fun this morning (he works nights). DD1 and her DH are returning home today and will be here or at in-laws through Sunday. It will be good to have everyone around.

I am not feeling so great this morning. I have been having PT for shoulder pain and the only thing I have accomplished is more severe pain. Insurance would not do a MRI until I failed PT. Yesterday, I was told I am really close to failing PT. Ugh. I just hope it is not rotor cuff tear. DD2 told me that it is not a fun surgery or recovery (she is a PT student).

We are having Christmas on Christmas eve for lunch. I told DD2 we would open presents afterward. At 24, you would think it was not such a big deal. She wants to open gifts in the morning!

Well, enough for now. Still debating names for the new puppy we are getting on the 27th. Still open to any ideas. Have a good day all!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a still warm Texas. We are suppose to get up to about 84 today. We really could use some of the rain falling in Calif. My heart goes out to them.

We have reason to be proud this day. I know most of you have seen the ads for True Grit that is being released today. One of the actors in this movie is a friend of ours. His name is Brandon Rex Sanders. He was Joe's theater arts teacher in HS and did the service along with his dad when Joe died. After Joe's death, Brandon left teaching, sold his business and went looking to see if he could catch his star. It looks like he is on his way. We are very proud of him, and hope he does what Joe wanted to do, but ran out of time.

Not so much going on today. I need to clean, wash, and get the kitchen ready for the cooking that I will start tomorrow.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A mild day here in city, if only the sun would shine. Not much doing today just some laundry. Hope all is well with everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Default Good Wed. Morning Rain

Rain, indeed! It kept me awake last night it rained so hard. Kinda scarey. Hopefully, we get a break tomorrow and Friday. Haven't seen the sun for a week.

Haimia, your DD is right about rotator cuff surgery. I had that done in the early 90's, and it was not successful. I have only limited use of my right shoulder. I did nine months of PT on machines I thought, at the time, were demonic. Not all PT feels good.

Not much on my agenda except to stay dry as possible. Last night I wrapped the Kindle, thus officially ending shopping and wrapping. I wrapped the Kindle in the Los Angeles Times, thinking that an e-reader should be wrapped in words!

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Good Morning/Afternoon CruiseMates!
It is snowing... again! It's supposed to snow some more on Christmas Eve as well. So it is pretty certain we'll have a white Christmas.

I am trying to get motivated to clean house and get laundry done...it doesn't seem to be working lol. I took the kids sledding yesterday and I think the old bionic feet held up pretty good whilst climbing back up the hill over and over again. But I feel a little weary today.

Oh speaking of the rotator cuff surgery, I wanted to mention something. A lot of Orthopedic Doctors are starting to use platelet injections to help heal areas like tendons that don't get enough blood circulation for them to always heal quickly or completely. I actually had this done on the plantar fascia on my right foot during that last surgery since it was so inflamed and painful due to me being off the other foot so much and they majority of my weight was placed on the right foot. So anyhow it is very simple, they draw a few ounces of your blood, spin it down in a centrifuge to separate the platelets so they can inject them in the affected area to stimulate healing. It worked very well for me. Here is more info if you want to take this article to the doc to discuss.
Platelet-rich plasma: Can docs, hospitals, pro athletes be wrong? - SmartPlanet

Hope all is well with you. Have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi all!

Rd called me this morning and while they still have power, she is without the internet..seems a large tree knocked down the power lines for the internet. She told me to tell you all that it may be awhile before she is back online, unless she goes to the library.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the confirmation, Judy, and the information for healing, BW. I am looking for anything to make this better with as LITTLE pain as necessary. Ugh!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sunny, dry and not too cold here in New York. Snow may be on the horizon for this weekend.

Spending the day at home. We heat with oil and once a year the oil company comes to service the burner. Made an appointment in the early fall and today was the first day they could come. Forced me to finish wrapping and prepare for the grandchildren sleep over tonight. Tomorrow we are going for Christmas manicures. They love to get their nails done and decorated for the holiday. Their mom will pick them up after work tomorrow.

Everyone make it a good day.

Leyla from Long Island
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Mid afternoon here,and large snowflakes are falling. I am glad I was out early, to the dollar store and the suprmarket..I think I got and all,and I am DONE!

In the supermarket..I was suddenly assaulted by the very STRONG smell of a cheap mens cologne,and I mean, pewwww! I looked around,and, the only man around, was about 15 feet away from me..oy! I shop around, and in the dairy aisle,I almost faint from the same aroma,..the same man is next to me..!!!!! Obviously, this older man, is NOT married!!

I don't wrap,anymore I bag, and tissue, and that is out of the way, and in the mail, I got a box of books from the book club I rejoined, so, all is good for a while..Friday I will make the fudge, & cheese cake,and put the 1st turkey in....the baby one

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Captain

Quite a mess in Nova Scotia and P.E.I but even worse in Newfoundland. These Nor' Easters can be as bad as hurricanes! Cold and dry here in central Ontario but enough snow on the ground to have a white Xmas. I'm making Louanne's Brunswick Stew today-let's hope it tastes as good as it smells. Having it tomorrow so I'll let you know. Have a good one.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette