Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Default Happy thursday morning

Good morning Mates

How are you all doing this morning?

Things are fine here in Ct., the weather is still clear and we are ready for the big day.

I wish you all a great day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Manuel, and those to come. The sun is just coming up here in Texas. Our temp is once again about to change. We are going from Heat to cool and rainy. The rain is very much needed, as we have red flag warnings out everywhere.

I am so proud of myself. I did so much of the cleaning yesterday. Today I start cooking. It will take me several days, so I want to get started early. I hope to have very little to do on Christmas day.

The shopping is done, so I am ready for Vhristmas. I did want to get out to the cemetary, but might wait until next week.

I hope all of you have a very good day. Those traveling, please be careful.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it's almost time for the man in the red suit to pop by and eat my cookies.
Yesterday ended up being a bit crazy. Got a call from the church secretary who was having technology issues putting the Christmas Eve and Sunday program together, so the hubby and I helped her worked them out and it was finally resolved about 5 p.m. last night. I recently found out that I am rumored to be our churches new Music Director. I ran into the current Music Director earlier in the week and she wanted to know what my plans for the choir were, and I just kind of stared at her trying to understand what she meant and then said huh? She said that the latest word on the street was that I was going to be taking over directing the choir and all of that... I really was speechless and I told her point blank that was not in any of my short or long range plans, I would do anything possible to help or support the music program but being in charge of it was not something I have ever taken an interest in that whatsoever! I had to sit down and think what on earth I might have ever said to spark this sort of a rumor. I really am drawing a blank. I really think there must be a handful of really bored women who have nothing better to do than just sit around and manufacture gossip, since the truth is so boring lol.

The kids got their Christmas presents from their Grandparents last night. The gifts were a huge hit. They actually ended up staying quite a while and the kiddos had a nice visit with them. We got the Grandparents a digital picture frame loaded with a boatload of photos. They always want pictures but never get around to printing them out.

I finally used the last of the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving I had in the freezer to make a big pot of soup. It was a big hit last night. I only have about a quart left. I have the other turkey thawed out and ready to roast on Christmas and plenty leftover ham from Thanksgiving still in the freezer. I am thinking about some stuffing, a couple of side dishes, mashed taties and gravy, some beef house rolls and a couple of simple desserts. Just a simple meal, so we can enjoy the day together and I don't miss out on the fun because I am busy cooking in the kitchen.

We're supposed to get more snow over the next few days. Today it is really foggy. The hubby is working from home today and tomorrow and will be off all next week. So looks like we'll have some good family time together. Life is good!

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Still a few flurries,and it really looks pretty on the trees. Will be good here till Sunday,when it seems all hell may break loose. I hope RD gets her power back soon. She will have a whopper of a Christmas poem, this year, with all that time on her hands

I wish I could bake today, buit what I am doing is best made tomorrow, so, I may do some painting. I started in the hallway,and stopped there too

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Off to get my hair cut shortly and then to physical therapy. I finished all the baking last night and at this point I donít ever want to look at another cookie. I made oatmeal w/ white choc, dark choc and cranberry cookies. Sugar cookie cut outs, choc chip & oatmeal choc& raisin cookies. I normally make Kolachay cookies but didnít feel up to it, maybe after the New Year.
Hope all is well with everyone, have a blessed day.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Hello Everybody

I hope everyone is safe and warm.

We are beginning to thaw out - we might reach the dizzy heights of -10C.

You are so right BW - some people - and not always women - have to generate news and gossip where there is none.

Christmas preparation is done and dusted (has been for 1 month) that I have finished one of my brothers and one of my sisters (she is housebound because of the weather).

The shortest day has now gone - so we are looking forward to Spring.

Anyway back to the baking - shortbread, black bun for Hogmany - but at least that is fun!

Have a good day everyone!

Annie
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Admiral

good morning mates, the cookies are done, the breads are all done, tomorrow will be package them up for gifts and get then start cooking for Polish family celebration. We got about an inch of snow here so its going to be a white christmas hopefully
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......46 this morning......I'll take it.......you easterners stay warm......

Trip.......painting.......yuck....we have to do that this spring.......have some repairs to do first.....that's why we're waiting.......

All ready for the guy in the red suit........

Luanne............you're in my thoughts.....

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Nice to read about all of your Christmas preparations and plans. The food sounds so yummy.

We will be having a wonderful Christmas dinner at my Niece's new home. There will be a lot of people there so getting a chance to get my hands on their beautiful little girl will be a challenge, but it will be fun anyway.

Trying to stay well right now. I'll see a doctor at the Mayo clinic on Tuesday to see if I can get any more help with the problems I've been dealing with that are the results of past surgeries.

Take Care everyone and God Bless.
Phyll
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Phyl, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of what is ailing you It'e been so long ...I hope the Mayo Drs, can help you back to good health soon..xoxox

Last edited by Trip; December 23rd, 2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Phyll, so sorry to hear you are having health issues. Hope the docs at Mayo are able to find a quick remedy for you.

We had some of the CA rain system move through Scottsdale last night. For some reason I find it odd to have a thunder storm in the dessert. But today the skies are supposed to begin clearing and heading back into the 70s.

Yesterday I washed the floors in the morning, then did quite a wide circuit through the city, running errands. Today, I am free and clear, with pretty much nothing on my to do list, and I can do that chore very well.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from the sunny but cold south.

Finished the shopping and wrapping. Last night Jim put a "Hummer" together for my daughter. He loves putting the grandkids power toys together. Will have to deliver it late Christmas Eve, hope the snow does not get here.

Just have to bake a German Chocolate cake and about 1 million sausage balls.

Have a great day
Brenda
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Ok Brenda, I am salivating..when you have a minute, can you share your sausage ball recipe? Yumm......

Saw this on tv this morning..sound good?

Bacon Hot Sauce — Welcome

Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning to all,
Last day of work til next Tuesday. The 2 owners of our company are currently on a big family Christmas cruise, so I've been in charge for the past week..........and it sure has been busy. But I get even the end of next month when DW and I leave for 10 nights on the Emerald.

Wishing all Cruisemates a very happy and safe Christmas!!!!

Bill
Caribbean Princess....Jan. 2007
Crown Princess.........Jan. 2008
Caribbean Princess....May 2008
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2009
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2010
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2011
Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hi Kids,
Still a few flurries,and it really looks pretty on the trees. Will be good here till Sunday,when it seems all hell may break loose. I hope RD gets her power back soon. She will have a whopper of a Christmas poem, this year, with all that time on her hands

I wish I could bake today, buit what I am doing is best made tomorrow, so, I may do some painting. I started in the hallway,and stopped there too

Make it a good one.
I sure hope it's just the Internet that RD has lost and not ALL the power. Losing power is a pain anytime but horrendous at this time of year and in those temperatures. Hope we hear from her soon!
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette