Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Tuesday tidings

I cannot believe no one has started today's thread- so here goes.

The Big Apple is a total disaster following the blizzard. Many streets remain unplowed, very limited train service into the city, people still at the airports and will probably not get out until Friday. We have had major storms before but never has the clean up been such a problem.

Just saw the truck go up my street and put down some more sand and salt. Problem is whatever melts during the day, freezes overnight. Tomorrow will attempt a trip to the grocery store. We'll see what happens.

Best to all for a good day.

Leyla from Long Island
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............

Sure hope you easterners have power.........stay warm & safe.......

Not much going on here.......might get a skiff of that white stuff Wednesday or Thursday......but nothing adding up......

Y'all stay safe & have a good day.........

Sharon

Last edited by LS80; December 28th, 2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling.........
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright sun on the snow today...amd a nice week ahead.We got about 2 feet, being in the part of the state the snow gods, thought it best to dump the most. Bruce has a ridfeon snow blower and in no time it seems, he was able to really do a good job. made it really wide.Luckily, we are on the sunny side of the street,and that helps alot.

Today is Luciana Pearl Wynant, as she says it, her 3rd birthday..hard to believe, this little kidlet is three! She will have a little party on Saturday,but I bought her some makeup,which she adores,and she can practice on her Memere

So babysitting is my day today..make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 28th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday

Good morning from frigid NY .Its 20 degrees here and we have 20" of snow to match .

The only traffic that I see this morning are plow trucks .There is partial railroad service from LI into NYC .I am not leaving my house till next year .
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning to all.

There are probably a lot of "snowed in" folks out there. I hope all are doing well and snug in their homes.

Here it is a sunny Winter day. My grandson stayed with Grandpa last night and we had fun playing Wii and learning all about his new obsession: Squids. His new goal is to eat a squid. He told me this morning that when Grandpa takes him on the Disney ship he wants squid but he wants me to tell the ship to take the teeth off the tentacles. He and Grandma are now playing on the floor in his room.

I hope everyone has a good, and snow free, Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A bit of a chill in the air this morning in Scottsdale, but warming later in the day. Nothing like what is predicted for the latter part of the week. New Year's eve is forecast to be 28 degrees. That's a temperature no doubt most folks in the valley have rarely seen.
But nothing like the snow problems the northeast folks are dealing with.

Kuki Jr. heads home to Calgary today, and that's a bit sad. We had a very fun 4 day visit.

Then we have to run over and clean the other condo, to prepare for my mother's arrival on Saturday. We're bringing her live-in caregiver with her, so hoping she'll be really comfortable and enjoy her winter escape this year. Her filipino care giver can't wait to get out of her first real winter
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a rainy Texas. It is cool today, but should warm up later.

Not much going on today.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 28th, 2010, 11:17 AM
First Mate

We have Holly home. It was an all-day affair to get her yesterday. She had a 3.5 hour ride home. She did her business when we stopped for her to do it and never got car sick (our other dog didn't make it 3-4 miles to our home on her first day!). She whined some during the night, but kept her kennel clean and dry all night (of course I took her out during the night!).

So sorry for all those stuck in the east. I remember the '78 blizzard. We were stuck in our house for nine days. NINE. When I was a teenager! I could not wait to go somewhere, anywhere! But, we survived. Mom had a regular grocery store of supplies when I was growing up. And we hardly dented it during the blizzard.

Hope all are feeling better and can enjoy the new year coming up. Have a good day, all!
Old December 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tidings

Good morning! Chilly but sunny here in SoCal. On Wednesday, we deal with another bout of rain.

Keith went to Riverside today which confuses me. It makes me think it's Saturday! I have ironing to do this morning and a couple of other things, but I may treat myself to a Chinese Chicken Salad for lunch and a brouse through Nordstrom.

Have a good day. Keep warm, keep dry, keep safe.

Judy
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
We have Holly home. It was an all-day affair to get her yesterday. She had a 3.5 hour ride home. She did her business when we stopped for her to do it and never got car sick (our other dog didn't make it 3-4 miles to our home on her first day!). She whined some during the night, but kept her kennel clean and dry all night (of course I took her out during the night!).

So sorry for all those stuck in the east. I remember the '78 blizzard. We were stuck in our house for nine days. NINE. When I was a teenager! I could not wait to go somewhere, anywhere! But, we survived. Mom had a regular grocery store of supplies when I was growing up. And we hardly dented it during the blizzard.

Hope all are feeling better and can enjoy the new year coming up. Have a good day, all!
Oh gosh I remember that, I was a senior in high school in Ohio, ready to graduate, we were out of school for 3 weeks because of that storm. The other kids had to keep on going to school well into June, but we got to march on time. What a year !!! I have since gained my senses and moved to Texas :-D
Old December 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In the blizard of 78, I had a newborn..no hot water,and my doors were blowing in. I had to walk a mile for pampers...no cars were allowed, the snow stopped traffic on rte 128 for miles and miles...peolpe were great to one another.....

Amazing looking back, how long snow stayed oin the streets back then. now a day after, it's down to the pavement. I will never forget that storm.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizandPhil View Post
Oh gosh I remember that, I was a senior in high school in Ohio, ready to graduate, we were out of school for 3 weeks because of that storm. The other kids had to keep on going to school well into June, but we got to march on time. What a year !!! I have since gained my senses and moved to Texas :-D
What part of Ohio. We are in the NW area. Oh, and I was one of the unlucky kids that had to keep going in June. I was not a senior