Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default Welcome to football ?? Tuesday,,,

Wow looks like Rd must be out of power again,,,no a.m. post that i could find.

We are still knee deep in 14" of snow here on the east coast of Va. Very unusual for this part of the world. It was pretty,,,but I'm over it now.

This part of the world does not have the snow removal equipment like they do up north so it take ages to get the roads passible. Dh is out right now trying to get the snow off the driveway,,,with NO snow shovel. Very interesting,,,lol

Yep you read correct,,Football tonight !! Gee isn't that just way cool,,, Although the Eagles are my kids favorite team,,,so yes we'll be watching.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday,,,sending prayers to those in need and stay warm everyone.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Admiral

If anyone is a true football fan you should listen to or read the opinion of Ed Rendell ,Governor of Pennsylvania re the postponing of the game .
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Henry,

I heard him speak yesterday. I like the way he thinks.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 28th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

He is very outspoken .He says whatever is on his mind .It kind of reminds me of myself
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Admiral

it really makes the NFL decision to award the Super Bowl to New York not too bright a move in light of the circumstances
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Admiral

The only football team in NY is Buffalo .
Old December 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Admiral

you call that team in Buffalo an NFL franchise ::

I stand corrected , since the stadium is in New Jersey, I should have stated in a cold weather city without a dome
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Were they a franchise from 1969-1977 when OJS starred for them ?
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Admiral

my friend..well the fans in Buffalo at the time thought they were ::

there is a great series on ESPN entitled 30 x 30, which are 30 short films made by real film makers that cover sports stories from a different perspective and I was watching on Christmas Day when they did a marathon and one of the shows was entitled June 17th, 1994 which focused on that specific day in sports which featured the New York Rangers hockey team victory celebration for winning the Stanley Cup, the opening of the World Cup Soccer Tournament in Chicago, the great Arnold Palmer's final US Open, the 5th game of the Pacers/Knicks eastern division basketball playoffs at Madison Square Garden and how everything was over shadowed by the infamous Ford Bronco chase with OJ..it showed some footage of OJ when he played for USC and the Buffalo Bills...folks forget that he was one of the greatest running backs ever
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Admiral

As I've stated I was never really a fan of football but there are names that everyone on the planet knows regardless if they follow sports or not .OJS was one for me .I recall vividly that my mom who never saw a sporting event in her entire life knew the name Willie Mays and everything about him .
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I haven't forgotten what he did. I miss the old OJ, who could have done so much for this world.

I remember Germany, 1979. I had flown into the Frankfort airport. Tired, scared, and feeling lost. There, in front of the escalators was OJ, smiling. I thought to myself that if he could be there, then so could I.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Henry..there is an awesome book about Willie Mays entitled "Willie Mays, The Life, The Legend" by James S. Hirsch

Luanne..I bet today, OJ wished he was standing by the escalators at any airport rather then where he is..the irony of the ESPN documentary was at the end it showed old Hertz commercials that featured OJ and Arnold Palmer together and then how the infamous "Chase" overshadowed Arnold's last great public performance..when you look up the phrase "bad karma" you will find OJ's picture

the scary thing about having an NFL football game on prime time on a Tuesday night is that the NFL will probably make that a regular item in the next contract..it was perfect because all the other channels had on repeats since it was over the holidays so they really had no competition