CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   New Years Eve (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/378981-new-years-eve.html)

Lakers Fan December 28th, 2010 10:18 AM

New Years Eve

What are your plans for New Years Eve ? Anyone going to Times Square in NYC ?Were you ever there ?

I was there only once which is surprising for a native New Yorker . I was there December 31 ,1962 .

Luanne Russo December 28th, 2010 10:29 AM

We are going to a wedding.

I like quiet nights at home, normally.

Trip December 28th, 2010 10:48 AM

We stay in and order Chinese food....Times Square scares me...than many people..oh no!

Haimia December 28th, 2010 11:24 AM

Maybe pizza early and then home and usually in bed by the time midnight hits. More than likely in bed this year, as new puppy likes to whine at night. I can feel a sleep deprivation hitting soon!:p

anniegb December 28th, 2010 12:06 PM

In the home of 'Hogmany' - it is tradition to be at home 'for the bells' and then you move on 'first footin'.

Times Square - too cramped for me and being vertically challenged - I would be worried I would be trampled on.

Although one year from now I hope to be in Sydney at the appointed hour.

Annie

nlb1050 December 28th, 2010 12:15 PM

For the first time in many years we will be home. It had been tradition for us to go to Rosi and Richard's but with her gone now that is not going to happen. We will probably be in bed early as Bruce and I will be working, starting Thurs to get the garage cleared and put up a new garage door.

LisaK December 28th, 2010 01:18 PM

we are going camping, thats right camping in massachusetts, now before you go thinking that i have "rocks in my head" lol just know that we have a 29' fully self-contained travel trailer. The campground where we are seasonal campers opens up the campground and the rec hall for pot luck dinner, dancing and socializing with friends we haven seen since early october.

Mike M December 28th, 2010 02:58 PM

I plan on getting really drunk, get sick and pass out at 12:30 a.m. ;):D

Actually, Betty and I will be attending a New Years party downtown and staying at our favorite hotel. On New Years Day we will do a little downtown shopping and see if we can get any deals. For dinner we will go to Fogo De Chao churrascaria. We've been there once before right after it opened and it was packed but good. Now I can compare it to Moderno.

Take care and Happy New Year,
Mike

Lakers Fan December 28th, 2010 03:14 PM

My wife and I are staying home New Years Eve ,however ,if the weather is okay we will be going to a New Years Day party and also be going out to dinner with friends .

Aerogirl December 28th, 2010 03:58 PM

We go out for an early dinner with friends and then home. We’ll play a few board games and watch the countdown in Time Square and then in Chicago. At midnight we will bang on some old pots out on our front porch and then in bed by 12:05. ;-)

Kuki December 28th, 2010 05:20 PM

New Years is generally a very busy time for me. I have to undress, put on my diaper, change the date on my strap, and have to be in what seems like a million places at once :D

Aerogirl December 28th, 2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1337742)
New Years is generally a very busy time for me. I have to undress, put on my diaper, change the date on my strap, and have to be in what seems like a million places at once :D

Your a funny man Kuki:D

Lakers Fan December 28th, 2010 06:00 PM

Old pots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1337724)
We go out for an early dinner with friends and then home. We’ll play a few board games and watch the countdown in Time Square and then in Chicago. At midnight we will bang on some old pots out on our front porch and then in bed by 12:05. ;-)

What a great idea .If I'm not still snowed in I may do that as well .

Manuel December 28th, 2010 07:35 PM

We We plan on attending aparty at the Portuguese Amercan Cultural Center in Palm Coast Fl.

There will be food, drinks and live music till 3AM

We were there last year and it was a real blast.

TM

Happy New Year!

jacdenv24 December 28th, 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegb (Post 1337672)
In the home of 'Hogmany' - it is tradition to be at home 'for the bells' and then you move on 'first footin'.

Times Square - too cramped for me and being vertically challenged - I would be worried I would be trampled on.

Although one year from now I hope to be in Sydney at the appointed hour.

Annie

To be in Sydney on New Years Eve is #1 on my bucket list. But this year it's just us, a seafood dinner and early to bed......as usual.

Angela Z. December 28th, 2010 08:17 PM

We'll be in Atlanta for the Chik Fil A Bowl....FSU v South Carolina.
Our son's last game with the Marching Chiefs (he's a senior and will hopefully graduate this summer :D) Next year he'll get to tailgate WITH us for a change!
Go Noles!
Angela Z. who wants the robbers of the world to know that the house is alarmed and there will be really mean people here while we're gone. :!:

CruisinK n J December 28th, 2010 08:25 PM

New Years Eve

Same as usual . . . stay home, watch television, in bed by 11, probably.

Judy

balabusta December 28th, 2010 09:17 PM

We have our grandson for the entire week so we might go out to eat or bring food to a friend who just got out of the hospital. I have never been to Times Square on New Year's Eve; to me, it's not worth the trouble of standing there in the cold when I get a better view watching it on television!

Lakers Fan December 28th, 2010 09:19 PM

I remember my one and only time so vividly .I lost my then gf in the crowd and it took a while before I found her .

Phil&Liz December 28th, 2010 09:47 PM

It's going to be rainy here so staying off the roads will be a very good idea.

We have a few bottles of champagne we could open.

At the old house we would sit out in our hottub with a bottle and watch the neighbors fireworks as the bells rang.

dezertcruzer December 28th, 2010 10:27 PM

Jose always has to work on New Year's Eve, so I'll be at home watching the ball drop back east (10:00 p.m. AZ time), and, with any luck he'll be home before midnight our time so we can have a little toast before turning in for the night. However, January 1st is a day we always celebrate, because that's our wedding anniversary, and no matter what day of the week it falls on, Jose always refuses to work!

rollerdonna December 29th, 2010 10:57 AM

No plans yet, but it will probably be like Christmas, quiet and home alone. At least I hope to have the internet for New Years, provided we don't get another storm before then...

donna

granny of the seas December 29th, 2010 11:54 AM

We will be spending the evening with three other couples having dinner in a local restaurant where "everybody knows your name." Excellent food and they have their regular menu not an over-inflated New Year's one with sky-high prices and nothing more. Traditionally, we go there every year. Will be home before 12 to watch the ball drop.

New Year's day will be spent watching the Honeymooners Blowout on a local TV station. They have been broadcasting all the old Honeymooner episodes for many years. They are still hysterical to watch and even though I have seen them all, I am glued to the TV all day.

Whatever your plans are, enjoy.

Leyla from Long Island

Luanne Russo December 29th, 2010 12:17 PM

What is going to happen to the people flying into NY for the ball drop, with all the people still there from Christmas? Is this going to make the mess even messier at the airports?

Lakers Fan December 29th, 2010 03:01 PM

All of the NYC airports are resuming full service today and it should be fine by friday .

Luanne Russo December 29th, 2010 03:47 PM

Henry, That isn't what the news says. They say that cancellations are still happening.

Trip December 29th, 2010 03:53 PM

Everything I have heard is, the aiports are still a mess,and patience is fading fast,,people on the tarmac for hrs on end, and might be at the end of the weekend till it migght be back to normal.

One good thing is a marching band did make it to NYC..I didn't catch where they came in from....That's a very good thing!

Lakers Fan December 29th, 2010 08:33 PM

NYC airports

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1338035)
Henry, That isn't what the news says. They say that cancellations are still happening.

CURRENTLY they are experiencing 15 minute delays .My post stated that the airports were re-opened and should have full service in a few days .I did not say or imply full service today .

Luanne Russo December 29th, 2010 08:51 PM

Sorry I misunderstood.

Lakers Fan December 29th, 2010 09:03 PM

That's okay :)