Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning everyone:

I believe I have now discovered "Norovirus" and I haven't been near a ship in two months.

Yesterday morning I was feeling just fine when suddenly I became nauseous, sweaty and a bit dizzy. I hadn't eaten Betty's cooking so I was a little concerned.

Well: Twenty some hours later I now know that there are 131 tiles on my bathroom floor and I am seven pounds lighter. I still feel pretty queasy but I think the worst is over. We are all trying to figure out why I got sick and no one else. The grandkids are fine and so is Betty. I guess I shook the wrong hand or had the wrong clerk at a store.

I was able to see the Vikings game last night. This season has been less than spectacular, actually it has sucked, but it was fun to see a good game that the Vikings won. Webb; the new quarterback displayed something we haven't seen this year. He can actually run. I wish Brett all the best in his retirement. I doubt Webb will be the next Favre but, at least last night, he was a superstar.

I hope everyone is enjoying this last week of 2010 and that you all have a wonderful Wednesday no matter what you'll be doing.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Oh No!! Mike I hope you are better soon. That seems to be going around at the day program where I work. The clients we care for are passing it around. Keeps us busy!!
Work for me tonight at one of the group homes. Have a wonderful day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 29th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Admiral

G'Morning from frosty Central Florida. It was 25 degrees F. this morning when I let the pups out, and believe me, they didn't stay very long. They too, are not used to the COLD weather. Yea, Yea, I know,,,,it's a heat wave compared to what you folks up North are going through, but we live here in the South, where it's supposed to be WARM!
The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I aren't doing much these days. She got one of those "Keurig" single cup brewers for Christmas, with 60 samples, so she's been trying lots of different coffees and teas. Yep, she's WIRED!
Hope everyone is having a GREAT week. Mike, I hope your problem was a very temporary thing, and you're back to your cantankerous self in no time at all. ;-)

"SKY"
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!

Well, Mike, if you had to come down with something such as Norovirus or whatever, at least you were wise enough to select the period between Christmas and the New Year festivities.

Got home yesterday afternoon late. While I spent the long holiday weekend unable to sleep virtually at all until Monday night, it was so very comforting to be with family.

Though I'm supposed to be on O2 24/7, I only use it at night and while I used to have it wating at hotels, etc. when Fran and I traveled our overnight trips to the "touristy areas" over around Gatlinburg, I had never, nor did I intend to order one of those big ugly tanks were we ever to spend a night or two with friends, I had to rush and emergency order for one to be delivered at my brother's house on Christmas Eve.

My present to them was as you know, to fix the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. I was so sick and they didn't want me to even try, with everyone's help as "Assistant Cooks and Bottle Washers," both meals were grand successes and of that I'm so thankful. I was especially pleased with the shrimp bisque the recipe for which I had concocted in my head based upon what I felt how is should taste. Having only done it once and trying to duplicate it from memory (which, due to sleep deprivation.....at least that's my excuse ), I didn't have a common sense thought in my head much less a memory, it was I admit outstanding and was quickly scarfed up. I also fixed the lobster tails (12 oz tails) to perfection. Guess Fran decided to show up and help me afterall!

I finally had my brother who has a good friend who is an opthamalogical surgeon, call into the local pharmacy there a script for a "Z pack" (azithromycin) and by Monday evening I finally started to improve.

I'm basically doing it all over agin this weekend for my sister and a friend (who were unable to go) and before I do so, I have to get to work cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and cle....... I am still a long way from being well but I'll manage it.

I shan't however be posting nearly as much now that Fran is gone as it's now only me to do everything (in short, Beenie-Weenie's, Ken's and Mike's speed and experience is light years faster than mine ). However I wish each and everyone of you, my beloved Cruisemates, a Healthy, Happy an Safe New Year!

It goes without saying that Blessings and Prayers continue!

Todd

Woops, you Laura and Ken crept in on me when I wasn't looking. Have a successful shift at work this evening, Laura and Ken, she's gonna' love her Keurig. I suggest getting your refills on line. after so many orders you get a discount and the postage I believe is free. It ends up saving you money from buying them locally.

TDH
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Whoops,

I either mistyped or it won't accept the generally used term to identify one of usually three multiple work periods found in a 24 hours period.
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Whoops,

I either mistyped or it won't accept the generally used term to identify one of usually three multiple work periods found in a 24 hours period.
Todd,

Missing one little "f" can really change things.

I've changed it so the auto-censor is now happy.

Take care and I hope you are doing much better. Also, don't be a stranger!

Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old December 29th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a wet Texas, but where the temps are up, and the sun is finally out.

Mike, I hope you get to feeling better. I know all about counting the tiles.

The game last night was great. Hopefully Minn will get a great quarterback next year, and go back to playing like the great team they are. I have never wished bad on a quarterback, but with Vick, I feel much differently. Costas said at one point that Minn had really beat up on Vick this game. I thought that was Karma.

Todd, Good to see you posting. You are always needed and wanted on this board. I hope you will post more, and not less.

Sky, I saw those advertized this month on tv. I wondered if they were any good.

Today I have to go and get some groceries. I finally got all the left over food out of the frig. The family refused to eat another bit.:o

I also took the tree and decorations down, and hopefully Jim can get them put away before he leaves for his training.

It sure will feel funny him leaving without me, because I have gone on every mission except Iraq, for several years. I could go on this one, but he will be working 12 to 14 hours a day, Seven days a week.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning,
Not good Mike, There has been something similar going on around here for the past week. My mom, brother in-law & cousin have all had it the past two days. Hope you feel better soon.
Skymaster… What’s going on down there with Florida, I see people with coats on and their seeing their breath.:eek:

Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Good morning everyone:

I believe I have now discovered "Norovirus" and I haven't been near a ship in two months.

Yesterday morning I was feeling just fine when suddenly I became nauseous, sweaty and a bit dizzy. I hadn't eaten Betty's cooking so I was a little concerned.

Well: Twenty some hours later I now know that there are 131 tiles on my bathroom floor and I am seven pounds lighter. I still feel pretty queasy but I think the worst is over. We are all trying to figure out why I got sick and no one else. The grandkids are fine and so is Betty. I guess I shook the wrong hand or had the wrong clerk at a store.

I was able to see the Vikings game last night. This season has been less than spectacular, actually it has sucked, but it was fun to see a good game that the Vikings won. Webb; the new quarterback displayed something we haven't seen this year. He can actually run. I wish Brett all the best in his retirement. I doubt Webb will be the next Favre but, at least last night, he was a superstar.

I hope everyone is enjoying this last week of 2010 and that you all have a wonderful Wednesday no matter what you'll be doing.

Take care,
Mike
Maybe it is just a case of cruise withdrawal syndrome
Seriously, I am glad your feeling better !!
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........well......we got a skiff of snow........just the sidewalks & grass are white.......so that's something......

Mike....feel better......see....you're just special......got the right....or is that wrong......clerk......

Laura & Ken.....stay warm.......that IS cold for ya......

Todd..........sleep & feel better.......pop in when ya can.....

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Today is the beginning of a stretch of weather folks in the valley in Arizona have little experience with. Lows in the next couple of days will be in the 20s. I have a feeling I'll be on vacation from golfing until sometime next week.

Mrs. K chipped a tooth the other day, and finally got in to see a dentist; so she's over there wasting money now.

Today may be a day of many naps
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a cloudy and cold NW GA.
I am one exhaused Mimi, had the 3 year old since Sunday afternoon. His Mom was sick.
We took him home last night and now I am trying to recover.
Guess that is why you have your kids when you are still young.

No plans at all for me today, maybe just sit and read.

Jim is on vacation this week or so he said. He just left to go see a vendor about ordering some needed equipment. I think he just wanted to get out of the house for some adult conversation.

Brenda
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Good morning from cold and snowy NY .This is day #4 of my hibernation .

Glad to see Todd posting once again .
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.
Jake and I just got back from our trip up to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Boy was it ever cold up there!!!!!

I have had 3 doctors opinions, and now I will just have to accept that I will be getting sick frequently, as a result of the treatments that helped me survive cancer. I was hoping for a miracle, but none has been forthcoming. Time to just get on with it and enjoy all the good days.

Mike, glad to see you are feeling better today.

Todd, it's good to see your post too. How is Jennifer the cat doing?

Luanne, we sure could use some rain around here. The air is smokey from all the fires that have been popping up.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old December 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good afternoon! I am ever so late today. It rained all morning, perfect weather for sleeping in. Keith is stretched out on his chair sound asleep.

While in Pasadena couple of weeks ago, I fell getting from the car and up on the curb. I had a huge bruise, but now my ankle is swollen. Another item on the list for the doctor. Ah, the joys of getting old!

Mike, I hope you're feeling better.

Judy
Old December 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Phyll:

It is a shame when the "cure" causes its own set of problems. I had that after my second brain surgery.

I hope that the complications are something that can be dealt with and or alleviated.

Hang in there kiddo!

Take care,
Mike

Old December 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am there with you Phyll!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link