CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Friday and New Year's Eve! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/379070-friday-new-years-eve.html)

rollerdonna December 31st, 2010 09:45 AM

Friday and New Year's Eve!

Morning Mates, and welcome to another New Years Eve.
It has dawned bright, sunny and cold here in Pictou County, as it should be at this time of year. The forecasters are talking about yet ANOTHER Monday storm coming through, that will be 5 Mondays in a row! But meanwhile, looks like a decent weather weekend and a weather-safe New Years.
Not that it matters, since we have no plans whatsoever, but at least it'll be safe for those who do go out and celebrate.

Well, as this year comes to an end I'd like to say thanks to all my CruiseMates friends for being a part of my life, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

donna

Manuel December 31st, 2010 10:06 AM

Good morning from sunny Florida.

This will be our home until jan. 16th, when our Allure cruise starts.

Happy new year to all Cruisemates.

TM

Trip December 31st, 2010 10:11 AM

Hi Kids,
Sunshine and warm temperatures, so who can whine in Boston? No one,that's who! Temps will be 50 tomorrow, get out the sun screen!

As 2010 ends, I found out last night, my oldest friend,since I was 11,and she was 12, has breast cancer. As often happens, one thing leads to another, and, what was once, an easier path, has changed, and, a different set of decisions need to be made. I told her I would help, in any way I can, but boy, this Pink Road is getting crowded:(

I wish every Cruisemate a very healthy and happy new year,and see you next year!

Manuel December 31st, 2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1338440)

Well, as this year comes to an end I'd like to say thanks to all my CruiseMates friends for being a part of my life, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

donna

I want thank you Donna for making this thread so interesting.

I agree that my CruiseMates friends are very important to me.:D

May 2011 bring great things and many cruises for all of you.

TM

bjm123 December 31st, 2010 10:26 AM

Good morning from a cloudy but warmer NW GA. The temps are finally getting back to where they should be, in the 50's.

No plans for the new year, just relaxing.

Brenda

Mike M December 31st, 2010 10:36 AM

Good morning everyone from a cold and cloudy Minnesota. We will be having a "Winterly Mix" of sleet and snow today. The talking heads are saying that we'll have 2" or 3" inches of snow today and tonight. This will further solidify the status of "Snowiest December on Record".

Betty is already packing up the suit bag. I had to inform her that we are only going for two nights and not a full cruise. ;) We'll leave around noon to check-in and have fun at our NYE party and New Years day outing.

I want to wish everyone, regulars and lurkers, a Happy New Year filled with love and laughter. Oh yeah, a whole bunch of cruises! :D

Take care,
Mike

Phyllbo December 31st, 2010 10:49 AM

Good morning from the cloudy but warm piece of real estate in Florida.

We didn't have any plans for tonight, but got a call from my brother yesterday, and he is having a cook out later today, so looks like we'll get to celebrate with family and friends and good food afterall.

We made the final payment for our cruise on the Emerald Princess yesterday. Feels good to have a cruise on the books finally. We leave March 18th for 10 nights. Whooopeee!

Trip, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her in my prayers. I know you will be a tremendous support for her.

Have a safe and happy New Years everyone.
Phyll

Travelnut December 31st, 2010 10:54 AM

Good Morning gang,,,

Wishing a happy New Year to all my mates.

We have big plans for tonight,,going to the Moose with several cousins. ;) It doesn't matter where we go,,,we always have a great time when we are together.

Our snow is melting fast,,,gonna be 60 tomorrow. The January thaw is on it's way.

Prayers to those in need and a special one for Trips friend.

nlb1050 December 31st, 2010 11:02 AM

Happy New Year to All.

I am glad to be a small part of this community.

We will be home tonight but to all those that are going somewhere have a save and happy time.

Kuki December 31st, 2010 11:04 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! There is FROST on my backyard (the golf course). I hate that they are trying to make this Canadian feel at home. Temp. is 28 degrees in Scottsdale. EEEKKKK Our high today might reach 49. The locals have no idea how to behave in weather like this :)

I think we're going to spend the day inside, and I'll be looking for Mrs. Kuki to entertain me. rofl

Our plans for tonight are simple; just dinner out at Fogo de Chao with friends.

Trip...how very sad for your friend. And I know even though you'll be of great support to her, it will also be a sad and difficult time for you.

To ALL our CruiseMates, I wish 2011 brings good health and an overabundance of friendships, and a stack of love.

Cruznut2 December 31st, 2010 11:23 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Wishing each and every one of you a wonderful new Year.
Plans for this evening are just to spend the night at home. Maybe I will go out to dinner but at this time no firm plans made.
Whatever you do have a safe and happy evening.

Laura

Luanne Russo December 31st, 2010 11:31 AM

Good morning from a sunny, with the window open, Texas. We are also warming up, and drying out.

We are going to a wedding tonight. This is one of our neighborhood kids, and one of my former students. After the service they are going to do an all night party on a ranch outside of town. Believe it or not, it was Josh's idea to attend. He shut down after his brother died, and he is finally coming out of it enough to enjoy life. Thank God. We will not be staying all night, but Josh has his sleeping bag ready.

You know I don't remember what we did last year at this time. I guess we were still in shock, and waiting for the trial to begin. So glad all that is over with.

Trip, My prayers to your friend, and a prayer for you as you try to help.

I hope all of my Cruisemates friends have a good year.

Luanne

Lakers Fan December 31st, 2010 11:51 AM

Tgif

Good morning from sunny but still icy NY .I am planning to go out today .

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2011 . One of my anticipated highlights of 2011 is meeting Manuel ,hopefully sometime in March .

The CM people that I met on my recent cruise's Meet and Greet are all wonderful people .My wife and I already have plans to meet one couple during the summer .

Aerogirl December 31st, 2010 12:01 PM

Good morning
I woke up to thunder and rain this morning and when I looked out my window the snow was gone! I can’t believe all but a small pile has melted; we did have quite a bit piled up.

We enjoyed out trip downtown yesterday but I was disappointed with Macy’s holiday windows. When it was Marshal Field the windows were outstanding. I do admit the tree in the Walnut Room was magnificent.
Going out for dinner tonight and then home to watch the count down’s. I love to see NY’s count down more than Chicago’s.
Have a safe and blessed New Year my dear friends!

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want.

LS80 December 31st, 2010 12:10 PM

Morning from the frozen Pacific Northwest........29 out right now...........not suppose to get much above mid 30's today..........burrrrrrrrrrr

Trip.........sorry to hear about your friend....she will be in our thoughts & prayers.......

Mike.....stay safe & have a good time.......

Phyll...........wish ya were going with us on the Hawaii cruise......but have a good time anyway.........;)

Luanne...........glad to all of you are getting back to 'norm'....if there is such a thing......

Kuki...........they just want you to feel at home......so be nice to the locals.........;)

To the rest of y'all..............have a great new year!!!!

Looking forward to 2011!!!!

Sharon

CruisinK n J December 31st, 2010 12:34 PM

Friday and New Year's Eve

Good morning from a really cold Southern California. Temps were in the 30's last night. If you plan to spend tonight in Pasadena making contact with the cement on Colorado Blvd., you're going to have one very cold patootie!:)

I wish a happy and safe NYE to all my CruiseMates and a happy and healthy new year.

Judy

Haimia December 31st, 2010 12:39 PM

Morning from a partly sunny, 53 degrees here in Ohio. We are soon to lose our two girls; one has a friend's party and the other has a wedding. Probably won't see either again until next year!!!!! hee-hee

DH and I may get pizza early and be back at the house to watch our new pup and older dog get use to each other. Holly (the pup) wants to play, but is a little shy of the bigger, and not extremely happy, Mia. Mia barks and Holly runs to find cover! So far, though, no full-out fights so that is good. Mia has attempted to play but is not sure what to do with the little Holly. (Mia is an Australian Shepherd (40 #) and Holly is a Miniature Australian Shepherd pup
(maybe 5 #).).

Not much else at the moment. I hope to try out my other Christmas present, a cricut, later today. DD2 is bugging me to try it, so she can play with it, too!

Trip, sorry about your friend. We have been through this with my DH's sister-in-law. It will be a long road; she will be in our prayers.

Aerogirl, we usually take a drive during the holidays to see the lights, but we did not get to it this year. Oh well, guess there is always next year! A lot of decorations are already down and put away already, including mine!

Well, to everyone at CM, have a Happy, Safe, Wonderful New Year!

Trip December 31st, 2010 12:46 PM

A heartfelt thankyou for all your good wishes for my friend. To still have a friend,from so long ago, with such connected memories is a blessing indeed...

rollerdonna December 31st, 2010 02:45 PM

Trip, I am so sorry to hear about your best friend. It is amazing to have a best friend after so many years isn't it? I know, because "Cruwysie" and I have been friends since we were 10 yrs old in Gr. 5!
We have a friend of a friend going down that "Pink Road" right now.
She had a double mastectomy a few months back and was doing fine until they found a brain tumour last month. She is home for Christmas, and doing as well as can be expected, but it is hard on all those around her who love and care for her. Prayers go out to her and to your BFF....

donna

HawkeyeFLA December 31st, 2010 02:48 PM

Checking in from overcast, but pleasant Central Florida. About to go off and do my New Year's Eve tradition of spending it with about 80,000 of my newest closest bestest friends. Headed to Epcot. Doing it in style this year tho. Got a room at one of the deluxe resorts located right outside the back gate of Epcot. No driving, and no buses.

Trip December 31st, 2010 02:53 PM

Hawkeye enjoy that magical place!

Rd, that's what my gf is afraid of..her family has a history of colon cancer, so rational or not, her thinking is all over the place...I will hold good thoughts for your pal too..xox

Manuel December 31st, 2010 03:08 PM

Trip, I am sending prayers and good thoughts to your friend.

TM

Aerogirl December 31st, 2010 03:57 PM

Best of luck to your friend Trip. My mom is a 30 year breast cancer survivor; she was diagnosed as a stage 2 and had a mastectomy and chemo. Today she is a fit, happy and healthy 73 year old woman.
Keep faith that she will overcome this horrible disease.

Trip December 31st, 2010 04:03 PM

Aero, thanks so much...this woman has lost a son, and, her husband quite close together, this blow on top of those, is quite tough.

Bless your mom, for surviving and thriving..what a role model:)

Cruznut2 December 31st, 2010 04:50 PM

Trip, prayers and good thoughts on the way for your friend. I lost a good friend in 1997 to breast cancer. She was a 17 year survivor.

Laura

beenie weenie December 31st, 2010 05:18 PM

Good Afternoon CruiseMates!
Greetings from Ontario. We're up visiting the inlaws and leaving to return home again tomorrow. It's been a nice visit but I am ready to welcome 2011 tonight and sleep in my own bed tomorrow night. Mother in law is doing really well. It makes me smile to see her getting around the house so well. I sure didn't expect such dramatic progress when I last saw her in the hospital in August.

I hope 2011 is kinder to our family and friends than 2010. 2010 was a very hard year for so many people.

Well I am gonna get started cooking supper soon. See you all next year!!!

Manuel December 31st, 2010 05:36 PM

d
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1338479)
One of my anticipated highlights of 2011 is meeting Manuel ,hopefully sometime in March .

I am looking forward to that.

And we also plan to meet some cruisers from Massachusetts.

TM

Lakers Fan December 31st, 2010 05:42 PM

My hibernation ended today .We just returned from a day of shopping and we are going out for an early dinner locally .

Manuel: I hope to go to the only Portuguese restaurant in town sometime next month .

Manuel December 31st, 2010 05:57 PM

Manuel: I hope to go to the only Portuguese restaurant in town sometime next month .[/QUOTE]

I hope that you do and that you enjoy it.:D

TM

Lakers Fan December 31st, 2010 07:59 PM

We plan on doing it as a group