CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Do You Sing ???? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/379089-do-you-sing.html)

venice January 1st, 2011 11:30 AM

Do You Sing ????

in the shower;), in your car (with the windows up);), when you are cleaning house in your old throw away underwearrofl :rofl: :rofl:, when your favorite song comes on Internet/ car radio or IPOD/MP3 player..if yes, do you just sing when you are alone:cool:

my grandson hung out with me for a few days and when we were driving around looking at the holiday decorations I was playing Sly & The Family Stone greatest hits on my car CD (they will be on next year's Capital Jazz SuperCruise) and teaching him the words when we were singing together..when he got home he was singing "I Want To Take You Higher" much to the chagrin of his Mom:roll::roll:

7x57 January 1st, 2011 11:46 AM

People buy me drinks to get me to STOP singing.

Manuel January 1st, 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7x57 (Post 1338696)
People buy me drinks to get me to STOP singing.

I like that. LOL

I only sing in the shower. rofl

TM

Lakers Fan January 1st, 2011 12:41 PM

When I was a child my parents believed me to be a wonderful singer and they brought me to NBC studios to audition for the Horn and Hardarts Childrens Hour . I sang "If I knew you were coming I'd bake a cake."I did not last past the first round .
In 1956 a friend and I recorded a song at a Manhattan record company .They gave us each a demo and suggested that we give up music .

I used to sing when in my car ,pre AC days ,open the windows and sing the music of a guy who grew up on the same street as me and had just a bit of a musical career :Richie Havens .

Paul B January 1st, 2011 05:37 PM

I love to sing, and, with voice training, I could have been pretty good. I still sing all the time and hope that no one is listening.rofl

rollerdonna January 1st, 2011 07:34 PM

I sing all the time, mostly in the car where I can pick and play my own choice of music.
Today I sang all afternoon while painting the bedroom wall. I played the Bee Gees Love Songs, and Chris de Burgh's Live in Dortmund - great stuff!

I also sang as a career for about 6 years, as a childrens' entertainer, and even recorded an album. Still have it on cassette, and it still freaks me out to listen to it!

donna

venice January 2nd, 2011 03:47 AM

RD...I just knew you knew what I was talking about:cool::cool:

skymaster January 2nd, 2011 08:57 AM

Duplicate post,,,,sorry 'bout that.

"SKY"

skymaster January 2nd, 2011 08:58 AM

Yep, I too sing constantly. I've never done anything professionally, and without a doubt, don't have the talent to do anything professionally, didn't sing with the Marine Corps Band, but I do enjoy singing immensely. I sing in the shower, in the car, when I'm working in my garage, and anyplace else where I can get away with it. I'm even one of three vocalist with our community band. GREAT fun.

"SKY"

rollerdonna January 2nd, 2011 10:45 AM

"Sky", don't tell me you don't have the talent to sing professionallly - I've heard you do karaoke and you are more than wonderful! :)

donna