Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Default New Year Sunday Morning

Morning Mates, it's Sunday for real, even though the past 2 weeks have felt like 1 long Sunday for me. I will be so happy to go back to work on Tuesday!
It is 0C this morning or 32F, and very dull, although I think I see a struggling sun trying to shine through.

Yesterday I did something unusual for New Years - painted the bedroom wall!
I've been wanting to change the accent wall ever since I got a new comforter last summer, and finally got around to it. I didn't like it going on, but now that it's dry and everything back in place, it doesn't look bad.

Last night, our great plans for an evening out fell through. Believe it or not, in our little pub in our little town, it was SO crowded and busy we could not get in the door! Instead we went across the street to the only other establishment open on New Years, a Chinese restaurant, and had our first Chinese meal since moving here - it was delicious!

Today my big plan is to clean up the Christmas stuff, including the tree and put it all away, along with all the other "stuff" that has accumulated in our spare room. I have a lot of work ahead of me....

Wishing you all a more interesting and relaxing 1st Sunday of the new year!

donna
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's a foggy morn here....with temps going up close to 50..yesterday it was 61....what a great winter's day. We went food shopping, how exciting!

Like Rd, hopefully we will paint our way down the hallway. Bruce is making his spagetti sauce, so, we'll see how the day unfolds..

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Good Morning from Canada's capital city. I guess I would qualify as a "lurker" since I browse Cruisemates daily and rarely post. New year's day was very mild here and we have lost most of the little snow cover that we had. Plenty of green grass to be seen. Tempertures will fall today but will still remain above the normals for this time of the year. Like Rollerdonna it seems to have been one long Sunday for some time. All the best for 2011 to all cruisemates!

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West

Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome to the chit chat page Canukity...looks like you have a fabulous cruise coming up soon...we would love to hear all about it.....Pull up a chair...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! 30 degrees, and frost on the ground in the Arizona desert. A slow warming trend to begin today, as we head to mid 50s and onward as the week progresses.

Have no specific plans for today. My mother arrived safely yesterday, and got her settled into her condo after a visit at my sister's place where she got to see all her great grand kids.

I'm betting she's going to want to hit some after Christmas sales, so I'll let Mrs. Kuki take the car to get her out, while I watch some football.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cold day here today, I believe itís somewhere around 14 degrees at this time. Just a few days ago it was 57! RD Iím with you on feeling like itís been one long Sunday for the past two weeks. Iím so looking forward to regular routine tomorrow. D/S goes back to school but D/H is home until Thursday.

Itís kind of nice that your pub was too crowded to get in to, it forced you to go somewhere new, thatís a good way you start the New Year!

Off to church and then to buy the boy some new shoes. I need to get a start on the laundry at some point today. Anyhow I hope all is well with everyone. Have a blessed day!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday morning

Good morning from cold and rainy NY .A lot of the snow has melted .Hopefully (wishful thinking) it will never snow again .
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Sunny Florida.

There are a few clouds but the temp. is going to reach 74deg..That is quite comfortable for me.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Hey Canuckity, welcome to Chit Chat and to CruiseMates! Nice to have another fellow Canuck on board!
I too will be interested to hear all about your cruise on the "Queen". That is my hubby's dream, to sail the Queen!

donna
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
First Mate

Thanks Donna. Cruising on the Queen Victoria will be a totally different experience for us. We have cruised with Carnival, Norwegian, Holland America and Princess and I guess we are most concerned that we do not have enough "fancy clothes." I'm certain that it will all work out though. We have been wanting to do the Panama Canal and also looked at Princess and Holland America, but they sold out and fortunately for us we were able to get an unbelievable deal with Cunard on an oceanview cabin.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West

Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,

It's 60 degrees here in Va. ALL our snow is gone,,,melted !!! But now it's raining,,,I'll take it over snow for sure.

Canuckity welcome,,,wow does that sound like an ab fab cruise u have booked. Sure wish I had something booked,,,

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and an outstanding 2011.

Prayers to those in need,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Default New Year Sunday Morning

Good morning! It's dull and cold with rain coming yet again.

Keith and I treated ourselves to a delicious dinner last night at King's Fish House in Orange, CA. We had macademia crusted halibut, garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies. Yum! It was 43 on the way home, and apparently tp remain cold all week.

I got a phone call from my childhood playmate and school mate last night. She's the one with the rare disease who can no longer walk. The Mayo Clinic said the diagnosis made by the U of MN was wrong, and they don't know what she has.

We must take down the Christmas tree today and put everything away for another year. Also on the agenda: newspaper, crossword, breakfast, an the Kindle. I am reading a great book, the first of a new trilogy.

Have a good day!

Judy