Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday!

Morning Mates, it's Thursday and I'm up, not quite so early as yesterday, but at least the sun is up already! It is a beautiful rosy sunrise this morning, so it looks to be clear, but cold, at -8C (17F).
There is talk of an Alberta clipper coming through bringing us lots of snow and rain starting Friday, right through the weekend, so I guess we should enjoy this nice weather day....

Yesterday at work I taught the kids how to make paper snowflakes. I can't believe they had never made them before. By the time we were finished, we had about 100 snowflakes decorating the walls, and the floor looked like it had snowed indoors!

Mike, hoping that you and Betty are feeling better soon. So many people have been sick over the holidays, I am thankful I was not.
Todd, great to see you back posting on a semi-regular basis. We need you sometimes in the morning to get us all up and moving!

Have a good day everyone,

donna
Old January 6th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Another cold and dreary day in NW GA.

I really need to get out and run some errands but I think I can talk myself out of it for one more day.
My kids think I am becoming a hermit but I just like staying home. I can entertain myself very well.

Hope all who are sick get better soon.

Brenda
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Donna, the weather that you mentioned reminds me that I will have to go back to the tundra at the end of this month.

I left Ct. on dec. 28th and I have not missed the ice and snow at all.

I wish you all a nice day and send prayers for those in need.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning RD!!
Well it's hard to believe it is already Thursday and we're already back in the saddle after having some time away from the usual grind.

Yesterday was a pretty decent day! The kids got up relatively early and went right to work and did a great job. By 1:00 I had taken them to the sitter and they had lots of fun. I got to meet my Sis for lunch, then I ran out to BigR (kind of like Farm & Fleet or Tractor Supply with a twist) I know of nowhere else on earth that I can go to one store and find bromine sanitizer for my hot tub, a huge bag of catfood, Blankets and linens, Pesticides, Herbicides, candy, cookware, cleaning supplies, heating plumbing supplies, lawn mowers, snow blowers, small engine repair, a pair of nice Haggar dress slacks for d/h, a pair of black leather dress boots, and new pair of name brand dress jeans, firewood, and pretty much anything else including livestock vaccines, you name it, they've got it! So needless to say it was not necessary to go anywhere else.

I came home and grabbed the submersible pump and put it in the hot tub and drained it. I gave the walls a quick scrub, rinsed it out then rigged up a hose that I hooked up to the sprayer at the kitchen sink and ran it out the window to the hot tub outside and by 7:00 it was full of hot water again. It would have been easier to fill it with water from the garden hose but it takes days to get hot again.

The girls in my Sunday School class invited me to join them at their youth group meeting last night at another area church, so I took "mini me" and off we went last night and we had a great time. I got home about 9:30. I fed everyone else before I left but had not eaten dinner myself so I thawed out some leftover Christmas turkey and made a sandwich and it tasted so good. I love Holiday leftovers lol.

My sweet little boy just got out of bed and came out and plopped himself on my lap and demanded I scratch his back... he's so cute... reminds me of those days when he used to actually fit on on my lap.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from my little spot at Panera's. Cloudy with a chance of rain (almost said meatballs) today as the cool front approaches.

I'm ready for a nap after reading about Beanies day yesterday. I liked the image of your son getting a back scratch this morning. Those nice warm family memories. AAAH!

Hope those that haven't been feeling well are doing better today. Seems like the winter cold bugs and flu are attacking a lot of folks.

Take Care everyone
Phyll
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........still warning up a bit..........48 out right now........sure nice to be out of the freezing.......hope it stays.......

Beenie........now that's the kind of store I wish I could find..........

Not much happening today.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates!
A cold and cloudy day here in Chicago. Hubby is back at work the kids in school so it's just me and the cats! I need to run out and get a loaf a french bread other than that there's no need for me to even leave the house today. Hope all is well, have a great day.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cool, but nice Texas. It was warm enough to open the windows yesterday, so I am looking forward to doing it again today.

Not a lot going on today. I still need to run errands, but might put it off for another day.

I hope those who were not feeling good yesterday, feels better today.

Have a good day everyone.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning CruiseMates! Quite a nice start to the day, and it's heading to 65 for me today. Got to wear shorts again yesterday for the first time in a week, so it feels like Arizona again.

No solid plans for today. Think I may spend the day catering to every whim of Mrs. Kuki. That may mean I have to leave her alone
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning from cold Rhode Island. Yikes. It's winter. My boyfriend, whom I married, reminded me the days will start getting longer in 2 weeks. Aha! Then I can walk my scottie, after work, with a little light. That will be heaven.
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse View Post
Good Morning from cold Rhode Island. Yikes. It's winter. My boyfriend, whom I married, reminded me the days will start getting longer in 2 weeks. Aha! Then I can walk my scottie, after work, with a little light. That will be heaven.
We are gaining at least two minutes each day, so we are in the right track.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,,

Not much going on here in the bottom right corner of Va. But the sun is out so that is a good thing.
We were suppose to have snow this a.m. but it didn't happen,,,Yeah !!!

Dh & I went to a new mexican restaurant that just opened in our area last night. It was happy hour,,,jumbo margaritas,,,need i say more?

Sure wish I had a cruise booked winter is starting to get me down,,,

Prayers to those in need,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

I agree with you Sharon. I too wish we had a store such as BigR's. And gosh Beenie Weenie, I sure miss the Beef House!

Awoke to a winter wonderland. It snowed just enough to cover the ground and the trees and it was absolutely beautiful. The streets were just wet. It's already mostly gone.

Had lunch yesterday with the publisher of the paper and his wife who are very close friends (the wife, Kitty, is also on the Humane Society Board) and a friend of theirs named Dan, a very interesting man. He grew up here but was born in Indiana (as was I). He is a journalist and was for many years what amounts to a Bureau Chief for the Associated Press and covered the news all over the world. He was in charge of the Katrina story and while in New Orleans contracted cardio myopathy and so moved back home. He is now a consultant to over 100 radio stations in this country and some overseas plus he is currently writing his second or third novel. It made me feel good when he told me he never misses my column. He and Gregg shoot pool a lot and although I haven't played in forty years, they said it's something you don't lose and have invited me to join them some time. The loser buys lunch so I'm guessing they want a free meal. Boy will they be surprised when we end up munching hot dogs around a local hot dog cart!
Dan (whom somehow I didn't know while growing up remembers my mother whom he said fascinated him. She was very small (5' and about 110 pounds) and back when he was young (he's a few years younger than I), she was an interior designer for a now defunct local department store. He remembers when she did his parents' home, that she could hang heavy drapes while standing on a step ladder and while doing so, carry on two entirely different conversations simultaneously with he and his sibling.

I washed the car yesterday afternoon so am loathe to take it out of the garage unless I absolutely have to. Guess I'll be spending the day cleaning, etc.

Naturally prayers continue for those on my list accompanied by a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday

Good morning from sunny and chilly SoCal. It's far from balmy, amd I seem to have caught a bug, like everybody else.

I need to do some housework and then some me time for a manicure. Keith has a dr.'s appt. this afternoon, so a local lunch for us.

Have a good day.

Judy

Judy
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon.

The "crud" has hit full force and Betty and I are on different levels of "ick". She is gradually getting better and I'm getting worse. My head is a solid block and I'm coughing away.

However, that didn't stop me from doing my husbandly duty and blowing the driveway. To heck with vacuuming. We also need to get the tree down but Betty is the only one allowed to pack the ornaments so until she strips the tree it will stay there. It's artificial so it isn't becoming a fire hazard. Actually, it looks nice and maybe we should leave it up year round. Sort of like Al Bundy and his Christmas lights.

Well it's time to disinfect the keyboard and take a little nap.

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday and that everyone is doing well.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Default Tgit

Good Afternoon from chilly NY .6 inches of snow is expected here by Saturday .