Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Snowy Saturday!

Morning Mates, it's snowing again in Pictou County, and is supposed to continue all weekend, perhaps mixed with rain at some point. In other words, it will be messy, and and a good weekend to stay indoors..

That's OK, I have a brand new jigsaw puzzle to get to, now that I've finished my Paint-By-Number. And of course there's the usual weekend cleaning and laundry to do, enough to keep me busy.

For those of you under the weather, here's hoping the weekend brings you some relief....

donna
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning RD. No snow here but it is warming up. Yesterday it stayed in the 50's all day. Today my weatherbug says it will be 72 later. So I am dressed for it today in shorts and flip flops.. Gotta love living inFlorida. As much as I love my beloved New England I love being here where it is warm. Work today right here at home. So my coffee pot is brewing and I am looking forward to a day of work and maybe later a swim. Have the greatest day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 8th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Good mGood morning mates

First of all, I agree with cruiznut2 100%. I am loving the Florida weather and lifestyle.
I bave been here since dec.29th and will stay until our cruise on the 16th..
I too am a New Englander and still live in Ct.

We do plan to buy a house in Florida later this year.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Gotta get it moving this morning as I am going to take the kids to their music lessons then we're headed to an fantastic weekend at the indoor waterpark about an hour away where we'll spend the night. We shall return sometime Sunday. Which ought to satisfy the waterbug in all of us for a while.

I have a few more things to throw in a suitcase and we should on our way. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Captain

Happy Saturday! Still not a lot of snow here (I sent it to Pictou county!) but it is SO cold. Something like -15 C with the wind chill. Brrrr. Think that's something like 0 F. Hope it warms up in FL. by the end of the month when we cruise but then again anything is better than than this! Enjoy your weekend.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Very bright sun this morning, but once again frost on my backyard golfcourse. Odd weather... yesterday was a gorgeous day, then last night out of nowhere a 5 minute hailstorm popped up.

Think at least part of today will be visiting with family, seeing all the nieces and nephews and their kiddies, and my mother. And maybe we'll toss in a jaunt to Costco.

The big BSC National Championship Football game is being held here Monday, and so there's alot of excitement in town, with all the college supporters running around filling the restaurants and malls.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the Winter Wonderland known as Minnesota. It's a balmy -3F outside but the sun is out and the wind is calm so it's a good day.

The "plague" continues in our house. Betty seemed to be on the mend but last night she couldn't sleep because of coughing fits.

I'm still stuffed up but last night I did get the driveway blown out. The wind came out of the north and the snow from the day before was redistributed into the driveway. The drifts were over 3ft. The good part about that was that I was able to clear the driveway with no problem even though the snow was hard packed. The new pacemaker is working. Other than being out of shape after four months of a fairly sedentary life it was great to exert myself.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday and has a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning,
I woke up to dusting of snow, just enough to make everything white. The sun is shining very bright so while I waited for my coffee to finish brewing I took in some sun standing near the palladium window above my sliding glass door in the kitchen. If the sun’s at the right angle you can almost get a suntan or at least some natural vitamin D. Not much to report here.
Laura what I wouldn’t give to be in Florida right now, April can’t get here fast enough!
Have a great day everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Good Saturday morning gang,,

Not much going on in the tidewater of Va. We are getting ready for another big snow storm here in the south. Geezzz What's going on???

Dh and I are going to Sam's club today,,,think we might need to buy a snow shovel. Our last big storm on Christmas they were at a premium,,,if they could even be found.

Dh is in a hurry so he can get back home and plant himself in front of the tube,,,it's football AGAIN today,,,for him. Not me !!!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Prayers to those in need.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........38......mid 40's by the afternoon.........but they say 20's by Monday........maybe even some of that white stuff.......

Enuff already........we're not set up for that stuff.......

Hope all ya easterners stay safe & warm........only 49 more days till I can have some warm weather.......

Off to Costco in a bit........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning (although it's almost afternoon) all!

As many above have noted we had wind and snow last night but only about 2" accumulation from what I can tell. Although I've been up since early AM I still haven't gone down to get the paper and the mail as I hate trudging down the front lawn. Because the house is on an incline, if I try the driveway I'd end up on my keester after one step. Of course I'd quickly slide down to the road but somehow, I just don't want to risk a broken hip or tail bone.

It's a good day for reading which I'll do (I'm well into three books at the moment) after I finally finish all of my household chores. Boy, one doesn't know how much a wife does until she's no longer around. On that front it was a pretty rough evening last night but today I'm back to whatever is considered normal.

Am really glad to hear Mike that you're doing better and hope that Betty recovers quickly. I'm sure you're a good nurse!

Hope everyone has a grand weekend, that your team wins and that everyone in the colder climes stays warm.

Prayers and Blessings continue of course.

Todd
Old January 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good afternoon from NY where its 31 degrees .A blizzard is expected to be here by tomorrow .It has not yet begun to snow but it shall shortly.
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Default Snowy Saturday

Well, no snow, but it certainly looked like it cold up til a minute ago when the sun poked through the overcast.

Keith has long since gone to Riverside. I have a list of things that I don't want to do.

Still have an occasional thrust from the ear ache. Good thing I have a dr.'s appt. on Tuesday.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a chilly Virginia Beach. We too are expecting snow, sometime today. (let's not hope it is as bad as the storm on December 25th!) While Rob is napping, I have been cleaning out the car and gathering clutter to take to the thrift store sometime this week. We are going to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner tonight with friends. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful weekend. Todd, thanks for the kind words about what wives do!