CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My 3 year old ... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/379355-my-3-year-old.html)

Queen of Oakville January 10th, 2011 11:59 AM

My 3 year old ...

is sooooooo excited.

On the weekend, I heard him telling his Nana, "we're going on a cruise in 70 sleeps, and we're going to 3 beaches, and we're going to have 7 family days in a row, can you believe it????"

Cruise on the Eurodam - $2,200.00
Flight to Fort Lauderdale - $1,200.00
Look on your 3 year old's face when you see how excited he is ....

PRICELESS

ready2gonow January 10th, 2011 12:06 PM

Brilliant! Yes, priceless!

Trip January 10th, 2011 12:26 PM

Our kidlets are just smart as whips!:D

Queen of Oakville January 10th, 2011 12:40 PM

It's actually the cutest thing ... I made them a countdown chain for xmas (you know the kind were strips of paper are circled into each other?). Well, every night we take off one link (first he has to read the number to me though!), and then he giggles a la Beevis&Butthead and then the "Saves" the torn link in his nightable drawer.

Aerogirl January 10th, 2011 01:56 PM

Bless his little heart.:)

nlb1050 January 10th, 2011 03:01 PM

This is so cute and sweet.

rollerdonna January 10th, 2011 09:44 PM

Out of the mouths of babes!

donna

ToddDH January 11th, 2011 10:12 AM

Just too cute!

At least you know where he's gonna' wanna' go on vacation every year!
Only next time he'll want to go via Silverseas! :roll: LOL

Queen of Oakville January 11th, 2011 10:46 AM

oh yeah, part of me is thrilled that our kids have the love of cruising .... BUT .... then we have to deal with the guilt and hurt feelings if we want to take a cruise by ourselves! When we sailed Grandeur for our 10th Anniversary in September .... we told them we were going on a business trip. My little guy had just turned 3 and was watching me pack. He actually questioned why I was packing a bathing suit for a business trip. He said "it looks like you are packing for a cruise!". Yeah, definitely too smart for my good!

Donna January 11th, 2011 07:30 PM

That is just so darn cute...I think he'll have the cruise bug early in life, beware!

Rev22:17 January 13th, 2011 08:38 PM

Queen of Oakville,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1341668)
oh yeah, part of me is thrilled that our kids have the love of cruising .... BUT .... then we have to deal with the guilt and hurt feelings if we want to take a cruise by ourselves! When we sailed Grandeur for our 10th Anniversary in September .... we told them we were going on a business trip. My little guy had just turned 3 and was watching me pack. He actually questioned why I was packing a bathing suit for a business trip. He said "it looks like you are packing for a cruise!". Yeah, definitely too smart for my good!

Ah, you meant... monkey business....

Seriously, I never understood the mindset of celebrating the anniversary of a marriage without the children who are the product of that marriage. It seems to me that the product of a marriage should be a central part of the celebration thereof....

BWDIK?

Norm.

Queen of Oakville January 14th, 2011 04:48 PM

I agree to some extent ... but we celebrate almost every day of our lives with our children. We try to do one holiday each year as a couple, this year, it happened to fall on our anniversary.