Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Flurries

Morning Mates, from a flurry-filled Pictou County. We had a little melting yesterday and even some rain, but the flurries are back to keep it all fresh.

I decided to get up early this morning and go to Aquafit class, since I managed to miss both Tues. and Thurs. classes this week. My arm and foot could both use the physical therapy. I removed the Air Cast yesterday and am gingerly walking around without it. It's not 100% yet, but at least it doesn't hurt. Even the elbow is almost pain free at last, I'm happy about that! :-D
Wishing you all a great day, and anyone under the weather, I hope is feeling better too.

donna
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is the beginning of a great day here in fun and exciting Big Splash Adventure Resort in beautiful French Lick, Indiana. D/H left for work a little while ago. Since he is down in Bloomington this week it isn't too bad of a drive to get there. Breakfast will be served in about a half an hour down in the hotel restaurant. I have to say this place is so much fun. It's super clean and has all of our favorite waterpark features. We have to check out at 11:00 but we may stick around for a while beyond that to play a little longer before we head home. They've done a really good job with this place. I really like it a lot. They give you a wristband has a microchip in it that serves as your room key and gets you access to the waterpark, breakfast, towels etc...
There isn't much else on the agenda for today aside from the drive home later today and a quick stop at a mattress store in Crawfordsville on the way home to see if there's anything there that feels good to me.
Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Captain

YEA it is not snowing for a change! Temp may even make it to 30 today which will seem like a heat wave for us. More snow coming late Sat. night and sounds as though it may stick around for most of next week. Our schools are up and running today after closing on Weds. with a 2 hr delay yesterday. If they have anymore snow days they will have to start making them up which they sure don't want to happen, but with the forecast next week they just might have to.
Today I will be working in the office. Lots of paperwork to get done. Need to make a quick run to the bank and grocery later.
RD glad the foot and elbow are feeling better.
BW, sounds like you are having a ball. I will need to look into that resort as it might be a good place to take the grandkids for a getaway.

Everyone have a good day and stay safe.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cold and blistery NY .I think that sea cruises are out for me in 2011 .I will concentrate on 2012 and try to do some land cruises this year .

I've been to Canada 17 times but not since 1993 and I'm thinking of visiting this year .
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Captain

G'Day Everyone! Minus 16 Celsius here in Bobcaygeon:-x Around 0 F. Geez!
Two weeks today we fly to Lauderdale for our cruise-I'm so ready for this.
Everyone have a great weekend!
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are having a sunny day with temps going up to the sixties. I could get used to living here ( Palm Cosat, FL ) .

Whatever your weather is, I wish you a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Admiral

I am living here all my life and I still cannot get used to this weather .
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a chilly Texas. The sun is just now coming up, and I have already finished my morning wake up games.

I have a few body parts complaining this morning, but that's a good thing, because it means I am making a difference with my workouts.

This is day 5 and I really can't wait to get started. I hope to have lost the ounces that I had gained from yesterday. Who would have thought that Gyros meat would have been salty enough to make a difference. I was very careful yesterday about what I ate, so today's progress should be there.

Talked to Jim last night. He is starting the second week of training, and you could tell that he was so very tired. The 12 hour days and the stress is making it hard for him. Unless you have been military, you have no way of knowing what these guys and girls go through for their country. They sure work hard.

I cleaned out my closet yesterday. What a mess I had going on in there. I was happy to give two large bags of stuff to Goodwill, and that didn't include clothes. It was just junk.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Another cold winter day is upon us so it means were one day closer to spring!

I’m just heartsick yesterday D/S came home from school and told me that one of the boys on his bowling team mother has died. I was at the bowling game on Tuesday when this boy received a phone call and had to leave saying there was a family emergency. I remember saying to my son I hope it’s nothing to bad. I am just sick over this. I didn’t know the mom and only know this young man from watching the games. I don’t know if she had been sick or this was something sudden. All I can think about is this poor boy and how as a mother I want to go comfort him. I pray he has plenty of good friend and family that he can lean on and talk to. I do know today the members of both the boys and girl’s team were collecting money and having a meeting during sixth period. The bowling team is small with only six boy s on it so they have grown kind of close in the past three months. Prayers go out to all of them.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A gorgeous day of sunshine and temps in the mid 70s in store for the snowbirds in Arizona. (the locals only get to 60)

Went used car hunting for my mother yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately my sister and brother in law decided to come along. Buying by committee is impossible I don't think 3 of could have agreed which pair of socks we should buy for my mother Had I gone on my own, I would have come back with a purchase.

It's back to the fun of golf again today with my visiting friends, and tonight I'm going to grill them the best hot dogs known to man.

At the end of their visit Mrs. Kuki and I are going to compare to see who spent more; me golfing, or her shopping. We are good for the local economy, that's for sure!
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids..Just babysitting today..Here is a look outside my bedroom window....let's think spring

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 14th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Last snowfall in Sacramento was January 28, 2002. No rain today either. Lots of houses for sale in California if anyone wants to move. I have to warn you in summer it's like living on the sun. We get highs over 100 degrees most days in summer. Our seasons in California are Fire, Flood, and Earthquake. Right now I think we are in flood season.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............rain.......& more of it..........at least it's warmed up......50 out right now.........

Trip........the pic is beautiful.........but you can keep it.....

Not much going on here.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,

Bright & sunny here in the tidewater of Va. But baby is it cold outside.

The computer guy is here working on my office computer,,,it seems that it has crashed. Of course I haven't backed it up since x-mas,,,Yikes!!! Keep your fingers crossed that he can recover my stuff,,,,Wow did I learn a lesson,,the hard way!!!

We are heading up to Richmond later on today for the weekend to spend with friends from the "Rivah". Seems we all go into river friend withdrawl during the winter,,,

Beenie we have a Great Wolf Lodge indoor waterpark here in Williamsburg,,my grandkids love it in the winter,,,have fun.

Hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF,,,

Prayers to those in need,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Admiral

These are the branches that almost gave me a fit, as they fell past my window, on yesterdays morning post!! They hit the roof as they fell.

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Henry43, if you're coming to Canada, especially anywhere in Nova Scotia, let me know and maybe we can meet up!

donna
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Trip, I have a similar photo taken from my kitchen window. That poor tree that is almost horizontal is going to snap one of these days....

More pics in the personal gallery if you're interested.

donna
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Flurries

Brrr, those pics make me cold! I'll stick with the 80 degrees we had here with more of the same today.

Keith and I are going to see "Tango Buenos Aires" at the O.C. Performing Arts Center on Sunday. There will be free tango lessons after the show, too. Should be a fun afternoon.

As for today, not so fun. I have to go to the dentist this morning. Always hard on the bank account. I have to have a special cleaning, and usually, a shot for infection which adds another $60.

Donna, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I hope Mike and Betty are, too.

Judy
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I'm doing wash this morning and Betty is off getting herself beautified (is that a word?) at the salon. She wants to look her best when she is laying at the pool and sipping margaritas in Cabo.

Today we will break the 50" mark for the season. Another 1 - 2" forecast for this afternoon and evening.

BW's water park adventures sound like a fun time. We have the grandkids this weekend. Perhaps a night at the local water park may be a good idea. I'll check to see what the availability is.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny Florida where the temps are climbing once again. I enjoy a few cold days now and then, but it's good to get back to the warm ones. I know that Jake will love coming home to Florida after a week in Kansas and Atlanta.

Beenie, your trip with the kids sounds like so much fun. I wonder who the biggest kid is???? What a fun mom you are!

Trip and Donna, and the rest of you to the north enjoy your snow. I have a pull out sofa any time any of you needs a little time away from all of that. :-)

Take care all and have a good weekend.
OH, Go Packers and Go Patriots!!!! (I'll have to adopt a FL team too.)

Phyll

Old January 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Good fellow CruiseMates!

Spent yesterday doing portion control cooking (Spaghetti with meat sauce, chickin 'a la King, Chicken salad and chicken noodle soup. Later today it will be beef barley soup.

It would have been advantageous should I have insured that I had the proper size containers before I started all of this. But not, that would take an ounce of common sense and I never did exhibit any of that quality. Therefore it's off to the Dollar Store, Dollar General or a similar retailer to obtain some.

I've got pretty used to doing the bills. I balance the checkbook by guessing how much is left. It's so easy that way and I figure that if I run out of money, somebody will let me know.

It's a beautiful day outside this afternoon and I was looking forward to getting out of the house. Trouble is, I have such a stiff neck that I can hardly turn my head. I took a Motrin and lay down for a couple of hours and while better, it still hurts like hell. I'm tryng to avoid a major pain killer as if I take that, I won't drive. Nevertheleless, if it not better in another half hour I'll have no choice because I just can't turn my head.

Ah well, if I can't get out it's not the end of the world. Hope everyone has a pleasant afternoon and of course Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Admiral

At sunset, the sun comes out!

Old January 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Admiral

That stuff that comes down from the sky and accumulates on the ground is a four letter word I refuse to use. When I go skiing I don't mind the ****. However, I moved to Florida to get away from the ****. When I see your pictures of ****, it makes me glad you are there and I am here.

It's suppose to get up to 55 today and back into the 60's tomorrow but at least no ****. But nonetheless, it's still cold.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Trip, that photo with the golden light on the trees is beautiful.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Trip is that gold in them thar hills????? What a beautiful photo!!!!!

Phyll