Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Superior Saturday!

Morning Mates, from a beautiful sunshiney Pictou County. It is -4C or 24F, and the sun is making its first appearance in a long while.

It's a perfect day for my plans today, "Family Fun Day" at the school where I work. I've invited the parents and siblings of all my kids to come out for a sledding party behind the school, where there is a beautiful hill just waiting to be slid on!
I have not been sledding myself for a long time, so this should be interesting.
Wish me luck!

Tonight, if I survive the sledding party, we will be going to the local pub for Trivia night. They are bringing it back every Saturday from now till spring, so that is a good thing.

Have a good day all!

donna
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! Donna that sounds like soooo much fun. I wanna go! Oh well back to reality here. We goofed off yesterday so today we have to pay the piper today. Poor d/s played so hard he strained all of his muscles to the point that even laughing brings him to tears. Last night he was laying in my bed talking to d/h and I and all of the sudden something struck us funny and we all started laughing, then d/s was in so much pain from laughing he started crying. Today his arms are legs are hurting too. Poor little guy.

Yesterday when it was about time to leave I send the kids in the dressing rooms to get dressed. I stress to d/d that it is very important that she not drop her dry clothes on the wet floor. She totally blows me off and heads in to shower and I just know she is going to drop them in the water. Well eventually she emerges and she actually did great. Well d/s was taking forever so I finally stood by the doorway to the Men's showers/changing room and yelled his name... he yells back something, I have no idea what he saying other than he is not happy. He finally emerges with nothing on but a pair of pants that he is grasping with white knuckles as though he was holding the release cord of a parachute. I ask what's wrong... well guess who dropped all their clothes on the wet floor and his underwear, shirt and socks were total soaked? The boy is so skinny, his pants were in mortal danger of falling down and exposing his naughty bits. Which is a fate worse than death when you are almost 11 years old. So off I trod to the truck to find the spare clothes I always pack for moments like these. Eventually I come back to find the boy is still hiding out in the showers, so I hand him dry clothes along with a death threat not to drop them in the water again. So that catastrophe is now under control.

The trip home was exciting to say the least. We stayed at the water park until about 1:30 pm then walked out to the parking lot to leave and all the sudden I hear the sound that strikes fear in the heart of every Mother.... especially when preparing to embark on a road trip of any magnitude. That right it was the sound of a child tossing their cookies, hurling, puking...whatever! Ugh! I turned around to see my Daughter reenacting the famous scene from the Exorcist and it never seemed to end. It went on and on it seemed. So she has this look on her face like "What the hell just happened?" Coupled with the victim look "Why me?" and starts to lament that her snow boots were covered in spewage. So I happened to have a spare Walmart bag in the back of the truck and I used that to remove her boots without fear of contamination and she put her flip flops on. I had a towel clean her up a little with. I then ran back in to the gift shop to buy Immodium (that's another story I will spare you all, you're welcome, lol) and Pepto Bismol and hand sanitizer. I also grabbed a half dozen plastic bags for the ride home. Needless to say they were all needed.

The icing on the cake was when my GPS died halfway home, I missed my turn which added another hour and a half to our drive time...puking all the way. Now we're home and d/s has developed a bad case of OCD. He is traumatized by sharing the same sir with his sister and thinks she should be permanently quarantined at an offsite location to prevent her from spreading her puking disease. I gave him a roll of paper towels and a bottle of Lysol and told him to feel free to do warfare with the germs she is spreading. I am sure his aversion to cleaning is stronger than his aversion to his sister.

What can I say? We had a blast! Even the ride home was hysterically funny to me. Fortunately I think d/d's stomach bug was short lived as she swiped some nachos and cheese last night when no one was looking before bed and somehow kept it down all night. So I figure if that doesn't make her hurl, nothing will lol. Have a great day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida. It really is a gorgeous day so far, and if this keeps up we might get in some time sunning ourselves at the beach later on.

Beenie, once again you amaze me. I know what else can you do but make the best of a bad situation and carry on, but it's still amazing to read about your adventures and your up beat attitude. I sure hope your d/d is doing much better today.

Donna, I think I'd like to come sledding with you today too. Sounds like so much fun!

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend even if you aren't cruising.
Phyll
Old January 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The string of perfect weather continues in Scottsdale, with more temps in the mid 70s and nothing but blue skies.

And the golfing, eating, shopping marathon with our visitors continues.

Between golf and dinner yesterday I did manage to get out and buy a used car for my mother and her care-giver.. so they can now get out independant of me or my sister. Now I have to hope it's trouble free, or my name will be used with prefaces of very nasty words for eternity for being the one who made the choice.

After delivering the car last night, I got to work on the grill, and made those incredibly good dogs I mentioned yesterday (Vienna Meats all beef hot dogs, out of Chicago, if anyone is interested).

I'm going to have to rummage through my closet, I may be running out of the really loud outfits we golfers are so excited about wearing.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

After delivering the car last night, I got to work on the grill, and made those incredibly good dogs I mentioned yesterday (Vienna Meats all beef hot dogs, out of Chicago, if anyone is interested).

I'm going to have to rummage through my closet, I may be running out of the really loud outfits we golfers are so excited about wearing.
Now to have a true Vienna Beef Chicago Hot Dog, it must be served on a poppy seed roll with yummy sport peppers and celery salt and all the accouterments!
Enjoy!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Beenie, your little adventure far outweighs any fun I may have had sledding!
Honestly, you should write a book!

donna
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good afternoon from freezing cold NY .A snowstorm is expected here this evening.
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Good evening where the weather actually rose above forty degrees, in Virginia Beach. Today I started going through all the make up that I had acquired over several years and threw most of it out. (I am a packrat, on the verge of being a hoarder). Tomorrow I will empty more drawers in the bathroom and then will go to work. Tonight we went out with friends for Chinese food. Hope everybody enjoys the remainder of the weekend.