Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Default Wet Wednesday

Morning Mates, from a very wet Wednesday in Pictou County. We are getting rain mixed with snow, and possibly freezing rain, not a pleasant day at all.
I am debating whether or not to bother going to my classes at the Y this morning, as I really don't think anyone will will show up in this weather.

This is the kind of day that gets me thinking of cruising, and looking forward to our holiday in Cuba in March. My most recent screen saver is of our hotel and pool in Varadero, and I just can't wait!

Wishing you all a good hump day, and hope you have better weather than me!

donna
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a cloudy and foggy NW GA. They say we will have sunshine today. Sunshine makes everything better.

May run out and do a few errands and maybe a haircut.

Hope everyone is thawing out and also feeling better today.

Brenda
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is foggy and we're expecting 24 hours of interesting weather. In the past day or so all of the snow melted and disappeared. Now it looks as though a new thin layer formed overnight and about 6 inches more is on the way tonight... <heavy sigh> guess I still have time to lose some weight before it's bikini season.

The kidlets are awake and are eating breakfast. School will begin momentarily. As I mentioned yesterday I gave the sitter 2 weeks notice due to the out of control behavior of the kids there. It's funny this has gone on for so long and I have talked about it over and over. It isn't until I gave her notice that I have seen any attempt to stop or to control it. Isn't it funny how that works? That makes me even angrier and more fed up with it.

Today is my terrific sister Cathy's birthday. Some of you may recall meeting her on the Blogger's Cruise. She's a sweety! It seems she called into a radio station and won some Illini Basketball Tickets, so she'll get to celebrate at the game tonight. She and I will celebrate next Friday. I think we'll head to Indy for a nice dinner just the two of us.

There's not much else going on here at the moment. Hope the day is good for all of you!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its 43 degrees and cloudy . The white stuff is expected now for Friday .
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It is a beautiful day here in Texas, where the sun is shinning. We are chilly now, but it should warm quickly.

I have already weighted this morning. According to Wii another 3 lbs have been lost. Yesterday was a record workout. One hour and twenty five minutes. I don't do it all at one time, but a little here and there all day. I am also keeping records as to what goes into my mouth. I am getting bored with the food, so will try and introduce new foods today. I hope within a week or two, my stomach will have shrunk enough that I can eat normal, but much smaller portions.

I talked with Jim last night. He was so tired, and I don't know how he does it. I will be glad when the next two weeks are over with, so he can get some rest.

I still need to run errands. I just keep putting them off. One day it will be to late, because my DL expire on Friday. I al least need to take care of that.

Yesterday Joe's Kgarten teacher called me. It has been many years since we spoke, because she was his teacher in Germany. Come to find out, she lives in Tuson, Az. She did not know any of the those hurt or killed, but the Safeway is where she grocery shops.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Good morning from a cloudy, dreary, icy NW Ohio at 26 degrees F. It is really slippery outside. We are expecting an inch or two of snow by tomorrow night. Ugh. Where is spring!

I have PT again later today. I can hardly wait!

Not much else to report. Good day to all!

Old January 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........mid 30's......maybe low 40's for the highs........

Keeping you Easterners in my thoughts.....keep warm & safe.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning from Pittsburgh, PA. A little freezing rain going on, but nothing like yesterdays icy mess. One week today we fly to Ft. Lauderdale for a pre-cruise stay at the Riverside hotel on Las Olas blvd. Our daughters headed back to school, so we turned their respective bedrooms into his and hers packing rooms.

Don't get to post much, but wanted to thank all for the great cruise tips!

Leslie & Bill
Caribbean Princess....Jan. 2007
Crown Princess.........Jan. 2008
Caribbean Princess....May 2008
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2009
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2010
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2011
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Enjoying my "coffee and cruisemates" from my perch on the patio once again. 55 degrees now, and heading to high 70s.

This dreamy weather which we've enjoyed for a couple of weeks is forecast to slowly cool, back to normal temps (mid to high 60s) over the next few days.

Our friends leave town today, and it's a bit sad, because we've had a great time. But, also a good thing, because I need some rest, to catch up

Just found out last night that in April I'll be cruising on Crystal for the first time. Funny thing is I'm on the LA Hawaii return run.... which we're doing next month with the CruiseMates Let's Get Lei'd 5.0 group.

I'm going to be doing an article on Crystal's newest golf program, as well as filing daily reports from the ship.

I know, I know... you feel really sorry for me; spending my winter in warm climes, then having to cruise to Hawaii twice
OK.. I'm feeling pretty blessed.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Wet Wednesday

Good morning! Not wet here in SoCal, and no wet stuff predicted, although it will get a little cooler.

Once again, Keith came home frpm the dermatologist all patched up. The doctor is fighting the good battle with skin cancers, a whole bunch of them. I see her next month. To all of you who live in warm climes or going to one, this is a good time to remind you that it's a very good idea to cover up, wear a hat, sunglasses with UV protection, and use sun screen.

It's also gym day again, and I have a date with the ironing board.

Judy
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Wet Wednesday's--sounds like the name of a bar.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Hello from the Allure of the Seas.

Having a great time. This is a top-notch ship. We are loving everything about this cruise.
The weather in Labaddee yesterday was perfect for a day at the beach.

Have a good day mates

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Hello from the Allure of the Seas.

Having a great time. This is a top-notch ship. We are loving everything about this cruise.
The weather in Labaddee yesterday was perfect for a day at the beach.

Have a good day mates

TM
Good for you, I'm glad your having a great time Manuel !!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Good Evening from the West of Scotland - it was a cooler but dry and sunny day - 2 out of 3 ain't bad esp for us.

Well done to you Luanne - I only weigh myself weekly so I won't know what any loss will be until then. I keep reminding myself of the weight I have lost.

I visited my TA today to check out flights to Oz/NZ later this year but I am still 2 months early as my planned return date is Feb 2012. I hope to fly Emirates as they have a very generous free luggage allowance even in coach - 30kg but I might spoil myself for this once in a lifetrip trip.

Everyone keep safe,well and warm.

Annie