Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday!

Morning Mates, from a surprisingly sunny storm-ravaged Pictou County.
All that snow that was predicted only lasted 2 hours, then was replaced by heavy rain and wailing winds - all night long. I am amazed to still have power, it was that bad. Unfortunately, it turned cold overnight so now everything is a sheet of ice. I'm glad I don't have to go out.

The worst of the snowstorm was happening when I had to drive home from work. It was a hairy ride. So bad that I had a headache from the tension, that I could not shake all night long. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.
At least I can have a nap later today....

So, how did everybody else fare with the storm? I know New Brunswick got hit the worst with a big dumping of snow, as well as parts of the east coast U.S. I heard on the news that the HIGH in Montreal today would be -21!! Makes ya wannna move to Florida, doesn't it?

donna
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good morning from NY where the streets are icy and its 14 degrees .

Mrs.Henry43 and I are celebrating our anniversary .We shall begin our 45th.year today .
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Captain

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Henry.
Minus 19 C. when I got up-it's now "warmed" to minus 15. Whooppee. This time next week we'll be in sunny Fl. waiting to board the Connie. Now that's a REAL whooppee
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is another cold snowy midwestern winter day. I am over it.

I just typed a big long rant about the Carnival tendering debacle in Belize and I decided that it deserved it's own thread, rather than mucking up a perfectly good morning thread.

Had a nice little bit of serendipity last night. D/H asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told him I just wanted a recording studio... he laughed and said OK, well when you know what you want, let me know. I said seriously I want some recording software and a good microphone... Then I started thinking.... I remembered d/h being given a Software Suite from Adobe a while back. We went and looked and there was a beautiful version of Adobe Soundboard. I am happy... I love a bargain, but free is even better! So now I am shopping for a microphone... and I have a little more change in my pocket to buy it with. Very cool!

I hope you all are doing well. Prayers are continuing for Todd and his Sister. Have a great weekend all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!

Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs Henry. Treat her well today, and no doubt you'll hear O' Henry

Yet another gorgeous morning in Scottsdale. Except for the first few days of the month, this January has definitely been Chamber of Commerce weather. High today in the low 70s.

I'm either going to spend the day bonding with Mrs. Kuki, or sitting on the patio watching the bad golfers go by. We'll see what she decides
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Happy Anniversary Henry to you and the Mrs. Despite the numbing cold, hope you both have a grand day!

Same thing for Mike and his spouse who are off to Cabo San Lucas today!

A very minor heart attack got in the way of the scheduled procedure yesterday for my sister. I've never been close to my sister for reasons I shan't get into here save it to say she decades ago developed the biggest "entitlement personality" that not only had I ever encountered but actually of which I'd ever even heard. Although I'd love to "vent" I shan't wash my dirty laundry in public. Suffice it to say that I am so dense it took me longer than everyone else to accept the above truths because I've always tried to find "redeeming value" in everyone. With her, I finally have to admit failure.

It's cold but sunny today which doesn't mean a lot as yours truly will be doing the housework he has not felt up to doing for the past several days,

The following falls under the "read before you buy" category. Yesterday evening I was so frustrated that I mixed myself a couple of "well constructed" screwdrivers("well constructed" being defined as more than a very liberal amount of kickapoo joy juice in the libations) using fresh orange juice. After only two drinks I started losing my balance a bit. Only this morning did I find out why. I had unknowingly purchased a 1.75 litre bottle with "100 Proof" included in the top of the lable.

Duhhhh.......

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, that your team wins and of course, those on "the list" remain well covered in prayer with everyone else put in for multitudinous blessings.

Todd
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Todd, it did my heart good to hear you use the phrase "kickapoo joy juice", it was one of my late mom's favourite expressions.

Mr. & Mrs. Henry43, Happy Anniversary to you both! Celebrate, but don't go out in the ice!

Kuki, enjoy your patio in the sun. It is -5 here, but the wind chill is much colder.

donna
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday

Sunny Saturday, indeed, accompanied by an 80-degree temp.

Happy anniversary, Henry.

Keith has long departed for Riverside and enjoying work on the Wright Flyer Project. I sliced my finer with a paring knife this morning, so when that stops bleeding, I'll put on my face and head out to enjoy the warm day.

The diabetes is doing really well; no insulin needed this morning. I guess it likes the beef stew I made last night!

Have a great day, people.

Judy
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Have a very Happy Anniversary, Henry and Mrs. Henry.

Phyll
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllbo View Post
Have a very Happy Anniversary, Henry and Mrs. Henry.

Phyll
Thank you all for your anniversary wishes
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Todd:I hope your sister is feeling a lot better .