Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Morning Mates, from a very dull, gray and cold Pictou County. We are at -11C this morning, or12F. It is still very icy from Friday night's rain, but the roads are clear and dry so going out it not a problem.
However, it looks like a good day to stay in and stay warm, and work on my jigsaw puzzle or read another book.

What are you up to today?

donna
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

I've woken the tribe up... they are not happy with me hahahaha. Off to church. Will check in later.!

Enjoy your day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am going to put hand warmers everywhere, this week, cuz, baby it's cold outside! Another storm coming on Wednedsay. The tv stations here, get carried away,and cancel all the morning programs,and give you a snowflake by snowflake, play by play..One station, actually canceled programing, all day!! &^%&*E$Y%#.

I am out for food shopping today,and home again home again, jiggity jig.. The diaper cake was a big success at the shower yesterday...I used up material I had from another cake ,all pastels, and, I hid some goodies inside..wait till they go and open it

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Captain

Good Day Mates,

Minus 20 C AGAIN in the Kawartha Lakes. Bah Humbug I plan on doing some serious packing today-we leave Thursday. I'm glad we're flying this time but packing within the guidelines of the airline is certainly a challenge!

Have a great day everyone. Jackie
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
First Mate

...and a good, good morning to all from the once and awhile poster....

Trip, if it's any comfort, we here in Connecticut are cold also....not sure of the exact temp, but around 10 F....I just know when I walked out the front door and got the paper, I did feel it....

Well, last week end we purchased (at Kitchen Collection), a Ronco rotisserie.....our daughter had purchased one awhile ago and loves it....so.....

Anyway, today is a boneless rib roast to be accompanied by roast potatoes and carrots...leftover (it's a 4.35 lb. roast) are targeted for hot roast beef sandwiches later this week....with the obligatory Tater Tots....and a salad...then we may venture out to our local LL Bean store (about 20 miles away) to look for a couple of items.....

Keep warm everyone, and have a good week !

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's really cooling off. Only getting to 70 here so I may have to wear an undershirt

Another friend from home came to town for a week, so we're going to meet for a game of golf this morning.

This evening is an early dinner out with the entire family here.. my sister and bil, mother, nieces and nephews, and grand nieces and nephews. Here's hoping the 6 1/2 kids under 6 1/2 behave well
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Trip, if they shut everything down here every time there is a snowflake, we might as well just crawl into a cave and hibernate until spring!
In fact,it is "flurrying" yet again. I was hoping for some fresh snow this weekend so I could go snowshoeing, but instea we got freezing rain.

donna
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from my part of NY .Its sunny but 5 degrees ,I am hibernating .I will watch some movies ,the first is Scarface starring Paul Muni .The film was made in 1932 .
Later on I will watch the JETS
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........no rain.....that's good.......

Food shopping then nothing else much......

Kuki.....I feel for ya..........

Y'all stay warm & have a good day........

Sharon
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Sunday mornoing and I can smell the coffee . . . mmmmm . . .

Don't know what the day will hold. So far as I could tell, it didn't make 80 yesterday, and it certainly doesn't feel that it will today. For sure, some of that coffee, some breakfast, the Los Angeles Times, the crossword, and lunch out somewhere or other . . .

Judy
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Good morning from FL where we are having the same kind of cool weather that Kuki is experiencing. I'll take it!!!

Not sure what we'll be doing the rest of the day, but I just wanted to say hi and give a little shout out.

GO PACKERS!!!!!
Phyll
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny, and cool Texas. It isn't as bad outside as all of you, so I am thankful for our weather.

Not a good couple of days for me, but it has passed, and as before, I get out of it stronger than before. Had a breakdown with the diet/exc I should have watched those fiber bar commercials more. But, if you can read my mind, you know I am feeling better.

Not much on the agenda today. I plan on working out a little, and then football, football. At this point, I am hopeful that the two best matched teams win, so that we have a great super bowl this year.

For those who don't follow football, it will be in Dallas this year. We are 3 hours away from there, and all of our hotels are booked for that weekend. I am told that soon, all those in San Antonio will be as well. They are a good four to five hours away. They are also charging 200 dollars to stand outside the stadium to watch the game on the big screen. I actually tried to get seats. Some of the seats are 32,000 dollars.

Well, I guess I had better get started.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Default JETS and PACKERS

go jets and packers
Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Admiral

This is for you Packers fans out there. One of our friends here in Nova Scotia is the Packers biggest fan. For the past 2 weeks of Saturday night Trivia at the pub, he has brought along his little Beenie Baby Green Bay Packer bear to sit on the table with us. He told us that during last week's game (win) the bear was doing back flips!

donna