Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday!

Morning Mates, once again it looks picture-postcard perfect out there, with a fresh, soft white coating of snow on the pine trees and the icy landscape.
It's only -6C today, with a high expected of -3, so it looks like a good day to take the kids out sledding again. Better to be outside dressed for the weather than inside freezing!
The only solution I got from the school is to be told we can use the gym and the music room which are heated, but yesterday, the basketball team was practicing in the gym, and the choir was in the music room after school, so we didn't get to use either. There's just no winning.

Anyway, I will try to stay positive and look forward to our Trivia night at the pub tonight. Last week we won 2 out of 4 games, let's see if we can do better!

donna
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Up early today to take my sister in-law to the airport for her trip to Mexico, there nothing like the smell of jet fuel in the morning!! A little warmer today in the high 20’s, spring is right around the corner.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a snowy and windy NW GA. It rained yesterday and most of the night, so should not accumulate on the roads.

Found the sewing machine in the guestroom and a lot of toys. I think Josh has almost as many toys here as he does at home. May try to sneak some in his bag and send them home next time.

Nothing exciting going on here today.

Brenda
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its been snowing nearly 3 hours.It is not expected to end till 6PM tomorrow .
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............40 out.....I'll take it.......

You easterners stay safe & warm!!!!

Todd.......where are you??? You need to wake everyone up!!!!!

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
And so it begins......AGAIN!!! The snow is a comin. I already ran to the supermarket for a few things, so we are all set. Will charge the little tv in case we lose power,and, watch it fall. Getting repititious already....grrr

So, thats's my tale of woe...Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Admiral

On my side of the pond, it has cooled to 40F but it is sunny, crisp and dry; the days are definitely getting longer - yeah!

I reckon I could sell that somewhere.

RD - why do they heat the Gymn and Music Room and not your room - something does not add up.

Everyone keep safe,healthy and warm.

Annie
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The weather here in Scottsdale continues to be well ... INCREDIBLE. Yet another day in the 70s. Its warmed up some back home, into the 40s, but that extra 30 degrees of heat sure feels good on these old bones.

Two days of taking care of "housekeeping" stuff leaves me free once again to head to the links, and that's where I'm headed shortly. FORE!!!!!
Old January 26th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Good morning. Yes, the lovely weather continues.

Got several errands to run and a long grocery list. It's gym day. A cuppa coffee sounds good and so does breakfast.

Judy
Old January 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all!

It's currently snowing but we're only going to get about an inch.

For some reason I just can't get my days and nights straight. I go to bed about 11 but wake up like clockwork at around 1:30am. When this "routine first started, I would lie in bed thinking I'd finally go back to sleep. Didn't work. I used to to get up at 1:00am but three Valium, an oxycodone, three strong bourbon and cokes and four diphenhydramine (Benadryl) got me the extra half hour. Okay,Before you'uns who have my phone number start running for the phone, I'm just kidding!

So now I'm up between 1:30am and 5 to 5:30 am. Then I go back to bed and fall asleep until around nine. I'll occasionally get so sleepy that I'll take a nap between four and six. Weird schedule but I guess for now I'll just have to live with it. If I'm still at it by Spring, I guess I could mow the lawn using the headlights on the lawn tractor but for some reason, I've a feeling the neighbors wouldn't be thrilled with that idea.

I'm saving a small fortune on gasoline as I'll go sometimes three days without taking the car out of the garage and when I do, it's often just to the grocery (12 miles round trip). I always make a shopping list but 9 times out of ten forget to take it with me. Guess if I'm lucky, I might either have the list or remember to get peanut butter sometime around June.

I bought some of that already cooked bacon (you know, the kind that the cost works out to three hundred dollars a pound). Think I'll have a BLT this evening for supper. That'll make up for the potato chips and dip I had for lunch!

Hope everyone has a nice "hump" day and for those who live in the Northeast, I might remind you that I-95 runs down to Miami....that is if they get it plowed.

Of course Prayers for those on the list accompanied by a request for multitudinous Blessings upon all continues unabated.

Wouldn't it be funny Rollerdonna if "something" were to disable the heating system of all the school board members? In this neck of the woods, that situation would last about fifteen minutes. Seriously, I don't know how those folks could even consider being part and parcel to such an abominable situation.

Todd (aka The Hermit)