Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Friday!

Morning Mates, I just watched the most beautiful sunrise over the trees, spectacular! All the fresh new snow glistening and sparkling, the pine trees heavy with it, almost make you love winter...

Yesterday was a complete write-off. Stayed in all day while it stormed and dumped about 26 cms on us. Got lots of reading done as well as moved ahead with a difficult jigsaw puzzle. But today, it's back to normal, with a Dr. appointment, a haircut and work, the Pilates tonight...phew!

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend with maybe a trip out to see our friend play with his Irish band in a local pub. What's everybody else up to?

donna
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and those to follow. It is a beautiful morning here in Texas, as the sun comes up.

Jim and I woke up early this morning, because he has a cold. It sure is good to have him home again.

I finally got my hair fixed. The new girl took one look at it, and said, "You poor thing" That's how bad it was. Anyway, she gave me short and sassy. It should grow out soon, and I really liked her, so now I pay more for better.

Not much on the agenda today. Jim always finds things to do around the house, and I have to weight in and do my workout.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a sunny NW GA. Temp may reach 50 today and 60 for the weekend. A hint of spring and I am ready for more than a hint.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I am trying to finish a book but my eyes are so dry it is taking forever. Not a bad book either.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Brenda
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am glad to hear that Donna survived the latest storm and is now enjoying the beauty of a snowy winter morning.

Luanne, glad to hear that Jim has arrived home safe and sound.

Brenda, I am thinking based on the weather forecast alone I made need to head to Georgia. As I recall I can make it in a days drive if I don't stop too much.

I guess the schools had a 2 hour delay this morning. I don't really know why though. The roads look about the same as they did yesterday and there's no major fog. It snowed a little last night, perhaps that's why. Oh well. Not my problem, I suppose. Just thought it strange.

Took d/h to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday. He got a platelet gel injection in his knee. Our hope is that it will cause the meniscus tear in his knee to heal itself. It worked great on the plantar fascia in the bottom of my foot. It was quite simple. They numbed his knee joint and drew a few ounces of his blood. They put it in the centrifuge and spun it for 15 minutes in a special chamber that separates the plasma from the platelets. Then they load the platelets into a syringe and inject it into the knee joint. The concept is that area such as connective tissue lack blood supply, which make it difficult to get those tissues to heal. If you get smacked in an area that is blood rich. You generally get a nice bruise, then it becomes inflamed, swells and eventually heals. Not so with these ligaments and tendons. So they inject the platelets into the affected area and that triggers an inflammatory response. It gets swollen and sore and the body begins to use the platelets to repair the damage. Like I said it worked on my foot, I had about a half dozen injections in that tendon, so I am optimistic it may help d/h without resorting to surgery. I hope so anyway. Surgery is always an option if it doesn't.

Well lots of my recording equipment arrived in the past couple of days. I waiting on a couple more items and then I can really jump right into it. I did put down one track last night and was encouraged. It sounded pretty good.

Not much else is happening today. I have plenty of work to do around here as usual. I'm praying I can close some business today. It would make me feel good to get some more money rolling in.

Take care all. Have a good one!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Captain

Hello from another day of snow in southern Ohio. We got at least 3 more inches last night and I am so tired of this white stuff! I haven't been around for awhile as D/H and I have both been under the weather with some sort of creepy crud. Today is the first day I have felt close to normal for almost 2 wks. I knew it was bad when D/H didn't work a couple of days this week. In all our almost 41 yrs married I can only think of about 3 days he has not worked due to illness.
He was to have retired in Jan. but put it off and now is wishing he had. This winter has just about done us both in. Maybe next year we will be somewhere warm while it is cold here.
Everyone have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default Tgif

Good morning from Snowville ,NY .17 degrees and icy with snow on the way.
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Snowville, CT.

We had a record amount of snow for a month.
January is not over yet, but we had more snow this month than we have ever had in any single month.

Life goes on but they are running out of space to move the snow to.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Admiral

It's mostly cloudy and cool here in upper East Tennessee with a warmer forecast and more sun for the weekend.

Since Fran died I've had absolutely no, nada, zilch energy. I mean nothing.

Originally thought it was just depression. Turns our it's more than that. I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from my cardiologist up the road and I'm back into serious Atrial Fib. So, I head up to Johnson City Monday morning. If nothing else, I now have a legitimate reason to take a nap every hour or so.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Boy, is Manuel going to get a rude awakening following his Caribbean Cruise!

B/W, when you get everything set up, I expect some tracks!

Prayers and Blessings continue...but of course.

Since I have my newspaper column writ and submitted and the litterboxes done, I think I'm going to go lie down and "read."

Todd
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's the broken record reporting in from Scottsdale (mid 70 s and sunny).

My new headboard and footboard arrived yesterday, and does look good. When originally furnishing the condo I tried to save some money by not buying them, but it didn't look quite right, so we caved. They really serve no purpose, other than decorative, but... looks good

Got an eye exam yesterday to, as I'd bought some new eye glasses, so figured I should see if my prescription needed updating too.. little change.

Soon I'll be off to the golf course with a Dr. friend who's visiting. Playing at the fabulous Troon North today. I really should start taking my camera to some of these golf course and start posting some pictures of their incredible scenery. The golf, though fun, is really not as important as the views.

Think I'll take my mother out for dinner... might even take Mrs. Kuki too
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........still warm here.......not as warm as Kuki.......but I'll take it.......

Not much going on today........other then getting older.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

I dont usuall post here but thought I'd sneek in to tell you today is Sharons birthday. Shes catching up to me in age.

Larry
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:32 AM
First Mate

It is 30 degrees F and a little hazy/foggy and flurry'y here at the moment. Holly is sleeping in her crate behind me. DH is sleeping in the chair. He does not work the weekend!! DD#2 is due home around 10 tonight from Michigan. Will be glad when she gets home. It will be a really long day for her!

Not much planned for the weekend. Out to eat and get groceries sometime. That's about it. We lead exciting lives!!!!

Good day to all!
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Friday

Good morning from a sunny but cool Southern California.

Hi, Larry, and happy birthday, Sharon!

We had a nice lunch yeserday in Pasadena and a nice ride around the Huntington Library neighborhood to see one of the houses we liked on the Holiday Look In in December. So now I have two dream houses!

While Keith is at the gym, I will finish off the ironing. Lunch somewhere or other. Doesn't sound like a very exciting day, does it? Well, maybe that's for the better.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny Florida. Still a bit cool, but very comfortable.

Wanted to be sure I said- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!!!!