Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday!

Morning Mates, it's my favourite day of the week. I love Saturdays because they are the beginning of the weekend with 2 whole days of rest and relaxation ahead of you. Well, aside from the household chores that is...

It is dull out today, cloudy with flurries, after an absolutely brilliant sunny day yesterday. I spent all afternoon outside with the kids sliding on the big hill.
The daycare next door joined us and we had about 22 kids out there and they had a blast!

Today I will get some housework done, then we are going out tonight to a different pub to see our friend and his Irish band perform. I have their CD and they are really good, so I'm looking forward to that.

Have a good one!

donna
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It's been a busy morning already as I took the cat to the vet for his recurring ear infections. Luckily one of my very favorite vets from years ago was working and he looked the furball over and came up with a diagnosis and a plan to try to help the little fellow. The cat cracks me up. He is so easy going. I bring in the pet taxi and he climbs right in. Then I take him in to the doctors office and he climbs right out so the doctor can look him over. Then when it's time to go, he climbs right back in to the carrier for the ride home. The only time he got stressed at all was in the waiting room when a couple brought their dog in and felt the need to sit the dog right next to the cat. Hello?

In a couple of hours I have to take the kids to their music lessons and then I have the rest of my day free. I need to spend some time tossing a bunch of clutter I no longer need. Its really starting to bug me.

I had some time to sit down and play with the recording stuff I bought. I found that I need one more piece of equipment because right now I have my headphones plugged into the laptop and by the time the sound goes through the microphone, the preamp and through the computer sound card. There is a delay and it makes it impossible to do more than one track to layer vocals on top of one another. So I ordered the thingy that should fix that issue. I hope anyway lol. It's a project.

Well I better get the lead out. I need to get some laundry started.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's another golfers dream day in Scottsdale, SUNNY and highs in the mid 70s. Sadly this wonderful stretch of weather we've enjoyed through Jan. is forecast to leave us, with temps heading back to the low 60s thru next week. It has been a GREAT run though!

Some cooler days won't be so bad, as it'll give me some time to get the plans for our CruiseMates Get Lei'd 5.0 cruise more organized.

We didn't end up going out for dinner with my mother last night, so that's set for this evening instead... after golf
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny Texas, where it was warm enough yesterday to open the windows.

Jim and I are trying to get back in the swing of things. (The remote) He comes back and suddenly things are different. I love him, so I don't want it to seem like he is not wanted, but..... We have been going through this for years, so it should be an easy fix. I remember when the boys were younger, and he would come home after being gone, and they would come to me for things and not him, because they were use to it being only mom. When I reminded them that daddy was here, they would look at me so funny.

Not much going on today. I didn't complete me workout yesterday, (the remote) so I will have to try and make it up today.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Greetings from Snowville Ct.

Saturday is also my favorite day of the week. Of course now that I am retired I get six saturdays per week.

Today is a bright one as the sun is shining in Snowville.

Enjoy your weekend mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Just rolling my lazy self out of bed, this makes day two of sleeping late. Not much going today maybe a visit to my sister’s house for some coffee. I’m on day two of weight watchers so I better keep busy and won’t be tempted to eat just because. I even had to measure my vanilla creamer 1 point for one tbsp.:o
BW… Our vet now has a cat waiting area with a sign that reads “NO DOG ALLOWED” it nice especially if you have cats like mine who freak out just going out of the house.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............about 50 out right now.........

Had a great B-day dinner last night.........son, grandaughter......Larry too........grandaughter INSISTED we go out last night.......'cuz it's her birthday now!

Not much going on today....just resting......

Y'll have a great day!!!!

Sharon
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday

It's Saturday, indeed, and a chilly one. Looks like I'll need a jacket when I go to Newport Beach today for a much needed haircut.

After oversleeping, Keith inhaled some breakfast and went off to the Wright Flyer Project.

Have a great day!

Judy
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Beenie Weenie, my old vet in Montreal had 2 separate waiting rooms with half walls and a door, one for cats with cat pictures and one for dogs with dog pictures and a water bowl. My new vet in NS has an open waiting area with 2 resident cats wandering freely, greeting newcomers whether feline or canine.
Something about the laid-back Maritime mind-set I guess...

donna
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good afternoon from Snowville,NY .I left Snowville this morning to go to NYC by car .It was not an easy trip .
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Am frustrated almost beyond belief as I can't seem to get anything done.

It's got to the point that I'll sleep two or three hours, get up for a couple of hours and whether I put forth any effort whatsoever (even including sitting at the computer!), I am so exhausted I have to go back to bed.

It took me an entire day yesterday just to complete straightening (and I mean just "straighten") out the kitchen and breakfast area, something that should take no more than ten minutes. My pulse appears very weak, not to mention it takes a coffee break after about six beats.

I've been up about a half hour and already I'm pining for my bed. I had a can of chicken noodle soup yesterday and didn't even want that.

I'll certainly be glad to get back up to the cardiologist on Monday. Hopefully they can treat whatever is wrong with medication. If not, maybe I'll have better results were I to make an appointment with my Vet, ya' think?
It's a shame I don't feel like going out as it's a gorgeous day outside today.

Hope you'uns have a wonderful weekend and as always, Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old January 29th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Prayers and blessing to you especially Todd. It sound to me like you are overdue for a visit to the cardiologist. I hope he (she) finds something that can be treated easily and that you get some relief soon. Please take it easy until then, we need you around here!

donna
Old January 29th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Admiral

I hope you will feel better ,Todd.