Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Default Wake Up Monday!

Morning Mates, it's Monday again. Poor James has not had a good beginning to the day. He got up first to let the dog out, only to discover that not only had the dog vomited on the new carpet, but that the back door was frozen shut with icicles. He needed a chisel and hammer, and then boiling water just to open the back door. Then he went to get lock de-icer out of the laundry cupboard and dropped it down behind the washing machine where one can't reach. Finally, he decided to have breakfast and guess what? Burnt his toast to a crisp. I can't wait to see what the rest of the day holds....

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to this Monday since it's a school day off for me. I hope to get out and enjoy the beautiful sunny cold weather and try snowshoeing again.
Wishing you all a great week!

donna
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Admiral

good morning, well today is shaping up to be the calm before the storm, here we go again! <sigh> snow tomorrow and then the predicition of an heavy snow/ice storm for wednesday
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a cloudy and cool NW GA. We had a beautiful weekend, sunny with temps near 70.

Little grandson, Josh, came over on Sat. and stayed until late Sun. We played outside a lot. Funny that they just love to clean up sticks and limbs when they are that little and can barely carry them, then they get bigger and hate working in the yard.

Going to have rain here thru Wed. night and the temps are falling back to the low 40s for the daytime and low 30s and into the 20s. I am not looking forward to this again.

Hope all are feeling better today.

Brenda
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Well it isn't really a great morning, but I am praying it will get better as the day progresses. I don't really want to share much of this drama, just let me say a prayer or two or 300 wouldn't hurt at all. Thanks!

We too are waiting for the arrival of what is to be the storm of the season. I am not looking forward to it. But we have groceries and for the most part everything we need to get us through it. But I am not looking forward to it.

I fully expect to have the hubby working from home tomorrow and probably Wednesday as well. I think it is fortunate he is able to do so. I really am glad I don't have to send him off into nasty dangerous weather.

The wonder boy is awake, d/d is still sleeping. She made a fort in the living room last night and fell asleep in it. So there she lays. In a bit I will wake her up. I wish I could sleep like that.

Hope you all have a great day. For those in the path of this storm, stay safe and warm.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Snowville Ct.

We are having a suuny day, so that everyone can stock up on groceries to be ready for the up-coming storm.
This winter really means business.

Have a nice week mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

I've been up and blown the driveway out. We had about three inches last night and it's supposed to snow all day with a total somewhere near 7". I guess Betty will be using the Suburban to get to work today. Unlike Beenie, I have no problem sending my wife out into bad weather. She must work in order to keep me in the style I've grown accustomed.

Today will just be a keep up with the snow day and some house cleaning. I also have a new router that I will play with and see what I can screw up.

Beenie: I hope everything works out well for you and that things aren't too bad.

Donna: Tell James to go back to bed, sleep for a couple of hours and start all over.

Brenda: Great to hear you had a great weekend with the kids.

To everyone: Have a great Monday and wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a still warm Texas. We are suppose to get nasty tomorrow, so today I need to go and resupply the kitchen, and go to the post office.

This is the lowest weight I have been since the boys were born. I guess you could say I have lost the baby weight. It is slow going, but I am trying to do it right, and the right way takes longer. My problem was that food was like a warm blanket to me. This morning the back of my legs hurt. It feels good to have hurt, because I worked out, rather than hurt because I feel so old.

Well, I guess I had better get started. BW if you need me I am here.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Well the Lord has been good to me this morning... the situation that I chose not to elaborate on too much in this mornings thread, has basically weighed heavy on my mind and sucked the joy out of me since Friday, has now been resolved and life is once more as it should be. Thanks everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........40 out right now.............you easterners stay safe & warm........

Mike.....Larry wants to know what kinda router???? Woodworking or 'puter????

Leaving here in a few to go to work with Larry.......then home to laundry........it is Monday..........

Luanne...........keep up the good work......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Seems like the majority of the country is in for a lousy week of weather... and even Arizona. Highs are going to be in the 50s for the entire week, and some rain in our forecast too.

Took advantage of a really nice day yesterday, and drove out to Anthem with Mrs. Kuki. Didn't take my mother as planned because all her grand kids showed up at her place yesterday morning, with all her great grand kids. So she got to enjoy the clan. Those are the moments that make it so worth it getting her a place here, and bringing her out of the winter.

Some grocery shopping, and water hauling on my agenda. Then will spend the afternoon writing my blog for this week.
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Well my little holiday has been cancelled; I was involved in a minor RTA Sunday - nothing serious but whiplash and lower back injuries.

This is the 2nd holiday delayed in 2 months- with all these refunds I will book a cruise I think.

BW - glad things are looking up.

Everybody keep safe and warm.

Annie
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Wake Up Monday

Good morning! We had about a quarter of an inch of rain yesterday, although it seemed like more. Still drying out and it will be cold all week.

As Sharon pointed out, it's Monday, so gym day for Keith and laundry to do for me.

I hope everybody stays safe, dry, and warm.

Judy
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS80 View Post
[B][I][SIZE=3]
[SIZE=3]Mike.....Larry wants to know what kinda router???? Woodworking or 'puter????
Sharon,

Tell Larry it's "puter" router. I'm not allowed to play with power tools.

Annie: Whiplash and lower back injuries. Gee: I'd like to know your definition of "serious". Get better soon and do the cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Good morning
I need to start setting my alarm clock as I have once again slept too late! Im thinking it a safe haven for me because if Im sleeping it means Im not eating!
Getting ready for the major blizzard their predicting for us. D/H is off to buy some new shovels and gad for the snow blower. There is a very slim chance it will stay mostly south of us but in the event we do get it were well prepared.
BW I happy thing are now good for you and you can breathe easy.
Have a good day everyone!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Thanks Mike

I have improved a lot in 24 hours thanks. I expect the improvement to continue.

Yes I am looking at the cruise options whilst I am in recovery mode.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Annie
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:42 PM
First Mate

NW Ohio is smack dab in the middle of the upcoming storm. It is 19 degrees F and sunny at the moment. Tonight to see 2-5 inches of snow, tomorrow - LOTS of snow, maybe freezing rain and sleet and Wednesday to bring us (yup) more snow. I can hardly wait!

DD#2 just left for Michigan to outrun the storm. DH is sleeping and will work tonight. Not sure, but he should get home tomorrow morning. Tomorrow night and Wednesday morning may be questionable for him! I can handle being here with my dog and puppy, but just hoping we don't lose power. I am not sure if we have any other heat source. May have to discuss that with DH before he leaves tonight.

As far as groceries go, I grew up with a mother that had a pantry to feed an army at any time. Therefore, food, milk and all other essentials are usually always in the house. Just picked up 4 gallons of milk (I love milk and the date was great!). Also, small freezer has plenty in it. I just hope the weather misses us!

I guess I can snuggle with dog and puppy if the need arises. By tonight, they will both have had baths and will, at least, smell better for a couple of days!
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Default Tgim

Good afternoon from Snowville ,NY where its sunny and 30 degrees .
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny Florida. I sure hope you all take care in the snow and bad weather. It sounds like you're all ready to face what comes.

Beenie, I'm glad to hear that things have turned around, and are looking better for you.

Annie, I'm praying that you continue to feel better. Doesn't sound like a fun experience at all.

I'm also praying for Todd as I believe he should be seeing his doctor today.

Luanne, I admire you for the work you are doing to lose weight and be healthier. You're an inspiration!

Kuki, I loved the image of your mom being surrounded by all of her family and loved ones. :-)

Brenda, I sure wish I could get me some of those grandkids, but it doesn't look like that will be happening. Enjoy yours as much as you can!

RD, I hope that James got past all that bad luck this morning, and that things are going better now.

Take Care everyone.
Phyll