Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Default Pictures

Do you have familiy pictures from birth to present ? I heard a radio program host stating he never takes pictures ,he has memories .

I have hundreds of photos from my birth to age 11 .For some reason I did not begin to take pictures again till I was married .
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am not a big picture taking guy - and the ones I have are stored in a box I take out every few years.

But for many people (most?) it is considered traditional to have pictures of their weddings on the walls - plus family portraits and pictures of dead people.

I love my family, but I think the picture thing is a bit overdone. Having one spot in the house for all of them would be fine with me. But in our house there is a framed pic of our wedding in just about every room.

It actually makes me feel like a stuffed antelope head mounted on a lodge wall. It's like my hunter wife is boasting "Look what I bagged"
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Admiral

I love pictures.

I have pictures from birth onwards. I was the first child, so there are tons of pictures of me as a babe.

I recently did a photobook of my mom, celebrating her life from childhood (her earliest picture was taken at about 5 years old).

In my family, I am the photo taker. Regrettably, there are not a lot of pictures of me, as I am always behind the camera. Everyone now and then I have to ask DH to pick up the camera, just so I am part of our family history.

On a vacation, I will take on average about 750 or more pictures. But I also capture, every soccer game, birthdays, first day of school, dentist visits, hair cuts, .... you name it.

We run the pictures as the screen saver on a computer in our living area. Especially seeing pictures of the children was babes, puts a smile on my face. One of these days, I will get all the old pictures scanned.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Default Wall pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I am not a big picture taking guy - and the ones I have are stored in a box I take out every few years.

But for many people (most?) it is considered traditional to have pictures of their weddings on the walls - plus family portraits and pictures of dead people.

I love my family, but I think the picture thing is a bit overdone. Having one spot in the house for all of them would be fine with me. But in our house there is a framed pic of our wedding in just about every room.

It actually makes me feel like a stuffed antelope head mounted on a lodge wall. It's like my hunter wife is boasting "Look what I bagged"
For some reason that to this day I have no idea ,my late parents had baby pictures of me on their livingroom walls ,au natural .
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Admiral

I have a framed picture of 1) my Grandfather and my Dad, when my Dad turned 21..my Dad and me when I turned 21..and my son and I when he turned 21 and 2) when I was age 5 in front of our Christmas tree, when my son was age 5 in front of the Christmas tree and when my grandson was 5 in front of his Christmas tree..it is my goal to do that every 5 years and have it placed in a custom frame and when I die, my son will carry on the tradition

I am a big picture person and since my Dad died when I was only 21 it means alot to have those memories
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Thats wonderful ,Venice .
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Admiral

In answer to your question, YES! They don't call me the "Mad Flasher" for nothing, I am ALWAYS taking pictures, and have been scrapbooking them since 1970, long before scrapbooking became fashionable.
I now have at least 6 huge Rubbermaid bins full of photo albums (150 at last count), and recently dug them all out to find pictures of my sister from birth to 50, to make her a scrapbook for her 50th birthday.

I've been a little lax lately about albums, but I am still taking pictures...

donna
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Talking Pictures

My Dear Aunt Ruth, last of our family, passed away a few months ago at the age of 96. I went through literally thousands of slides she had taken over the years, and among the hundreds I brought home with me are pictures of me from the day I was born. Sorting them is a nightmare but it is really fun to look at them.

There is me, along with my brother, playing with my Grandpa and Grandma, off to school, in my Cub Scout uniform, playing Little League,graduating from Junior High, dancing Indian dances in Boy Scouts, with my first love and date for the Prom, off to college, lots and lots of our wedding, with my Mom and Dad and our daughter shortly after she was born, with my dear wife and our bulldogs, at the St Louis zoo from 5 years old to 60 years old -- and on and on! We always moaned everytime she made us pose ... but I am sure glad I have them now.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
In answer to your question, YES! They don't call me the "Mad Flasher" for nothing, I am ALWAYS taking pictures, and have been scrapbooking them since 1970, long before scrapbooking became fashionable.
I now have at least 6 huge Rubbermaid bins full of photo albums (150 at last count), and recently dug them all out to find pictures of my sister from birth to 50, to make her a scrapbook for her 50th birthday.

I've been a little lax lately about albums, but I am still taking pictures...

donna
Donna, have you tried digital scrapbooking or photo books? I'm in love. Of course, this is coming from the girl who's cricut is sitting there unused for over a year. I haven't done any real scrapbooking since I started digital scrapbooks. I have a few unused scrapbooks that I need to finish, after that, I might have to sell my cricut. It's so easy, upload your pics, pick a background, pick a template, add some captions .... easy peasy ... but pricy. BUT, if i added up the cost of the materials for a real scrabook, it's probably cheaper. And its so convenient, because you don't have to worrry about laying out your workspace, clutter, tidying up .... you do it all on your computer.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Admiral

I have thousands of picture. I have thousand of pictures of my son also and he's only 14. Love, love to take them! I also have hours and hours of home movies.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Admiral

my parents have tons of pictures, movies, portraits of us growing up, they put alot of the pics on CD's. DH is the picture taker in our family, have lots of cruise pics, and of course pics of our son!