CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Your first date? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/380130-your-first-date.html)

Trip February 2nd, 2011 11:56 PM

Your first date?

Where did you go on your first date? I went to the local movie theater, and saw Elvis in Blue Hawaii....

Lakers Fan February 3rd, 2011 12:14 AM

On my first date we went to a movie in Brooklyn ,NY and saw West Side Story . Afterward we went to an ice cream parlor for ice cream soda's .

Trip February 3rd, 2011 12:17 AM

Henry, I have vivid wonderful memories of that movie...after my gf and I saw it, we came home and danced all the dances in the middle of the street, in my little neiighborhood..we often talk about it,and the fun we had.

Lakers Fan February 3rd, 2011 12:24 AM

I love the music from West Side Story .My then gf and I saw the movie several times .We are still in contact via e-mail .

Kuki February 3rd, 2011 01:25 AM

Trip.. I would have guessed your first date would have been to the Gettysburg Address :p:shock:

venice February 3rd, 2011 05:13 AM

my first date was a triple date in my friend's parents plymouth station wagon, we went to the drive in to see a horror movie (13 Ghost) and were eaten up by the bugs:rolleyes::rolleyes:

rollerdonna February 3rd, 2011 08:29 AM

I don't think I ever really had a first date, at least not until I met my 2nd (and present) husband. We met at a One Parent Families Dance and he asked me out to a very fine restaurant for a lovely dinner. THAT I will always remember!

donna

beenie weenie February 3rd, 2011 09:56 AM

Oh boy you guys really have me clearing the cobwebs in my brain....

The guy's name was Ed Bryleski. He picked me up in his Dad's Cadillac. I can't really remember where we went for our date, I think it might have been to the movies. Then he asked me if I'd like to have some wine? I must have been like 14 or 15 years old and of course said alright that sounds good!

So out from under the seat he pulls two plastic cups and a bottle of
Manischewitz Blackberry Wine. I am sure this bottle came straight from his parents personal collection. So we had a couple of drinks of the forbidden wine and started to engage in some kissy kissy, huggy, huggy, touchy, touchy, and then I didn't feel so great, so I had him take me home. The wine that poor Ed thought would probably turn me to putty in his hands, ended up being a show stopper. lol

Every time I see a bottle of Manischewitz my mind wanders back to Ed and I have to giggle!

Trip February 3rd, 2011 10:02 AM

Oh Kuki!!!!!!:rolleyes:

venice February 3rd, 2011 10:31 AM

BW...that explains alot about you :rofl:...fyi, he should have used Boone's Farm Apple wine :rofl:

RD..no dates to the roller skating ring when you were in high school ?

Trip February 3rd, 2011 10:49 AM

BW, Manischewitz Blackberry wine, in this neck of the woods was given to you if you had the runs..worked too!.....oy!! lol

Aerogirl February 3rd, 2011 10:54 AM

I also went to the movies, with Jerry Smith to see Carrie.

beenie weenie February 3rd, 2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1349252)
BW...that explains alot about you :rofl:...fyi, he should have used Boone's Farm Apple wine :rofl:

RD..no dates to the roller skating ring when you were in high school ?

Venice as I said many times, I was raised by wolves (Wolf is my maiden name lol) and should have been at least marginally supervised but wasn't.

Oh no.... Venice none of that Apple Wine! A year or two later as my palate for budget (cheap) wine was developing, I found I preferred Tickle Pink and T.J. Swann. LOL

Trip February 3rd, 2011 11:23 AM

How about Thunderbird.....What's the word, Thunderbird! Whats the price ? Thirty twice....lol That was a song many kids I knew sang!

Queen of Oakville February 3rd, 2011 11:50 AM

First date evah? I honestly can't remember.

My first date with DH where it was just the two of us, was a movie ... we saw Face Off with Nic Cage and John Travolta.

venice February 3rd, 2011 11:54 AM

BW..then in your extensive wine collection you must of had few bottles of Ripple :rofl:

Queen A..no fair, first date with spouses don't count (unless you married the first man you ever kissed and went out with)..if you can't remember your first date, surely you remember your 2nd date:roll::roll:

beenie weenie February 3rd, 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1349282)
BW..then in your extensive wine collection you must of had few bottles of Ripple :rofl:

Oh no, I only drank the best cheap wine.... no Ripple, but I did enjoy the occasional Champipple. :D

Queen of Oakville February 3rd, 2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1349282)

Queen A..no fair, first date with spouses don't count (unless you married the first man you ever kissed and went out with)..if you can't remember your first date, surely you remember your 2nd date:roll::roll:

lol ... i've been thinking about this all day trying to remember my first date. I "went out with" a guy in 8th grade, but all we did was dance at a school dance, and then brook up 2 days later. I never dated in high school or university. I went on a couple of random dates with guys that I met when I was a bank teller right after school ... probably dinners (can't remember!) but no one was worthy of a second date. DH was my first boyfriend and my "first". And I was (gasp) 28 when I met him.

venice February 3rd, 2011 03:25 PM

Queen of A...so you are living proof that good things are worth waiting for:D:D:D:D

BW...considering inflation, a good bottle of cheap wine back then would cost the same today as a good bottle of wine that is inexpensive

Cruznut2 February 3rd, 2011 06:17 PM

Except for my junior prom I was not allowed to date until I was 18. I went to the prom with a boy named Jimmy Grimes who attended Malden Catholic High School. After the prom we went to dinner at Valle's Steak House.
What I consider to be my real first date was in June 1966 with a man Named Joe Freitas from Charlestown Mass. He was in the Navy and 22 at the time, I was 18. He took me in to Boston to see The Sound Of Music.

Laura

Lakers Fan February 3rd, 2011 10:28 PM

I have to clarify my response .My actual first was a group date .I was 17 ,she was 15 . She was 6'2 .Her name was Cheryl.

belgique February 4th, 2011 12:17 AM

I was 16 and a lifeguard in South Haven, Michigan on the Lake Michigan beach. I had told Denny Porter (lied) that I was Al Kaline's sister. I knew everything about Al Kaline that anyone could know - he was my hero (still is!).

Denny asked me out and we drove to Saugatuck, another quaint Lake Michigan resort town. He grilled me about my "brother, Al", all the way there. I didn't miss a beat.

We had hamburgers and root beer at an A&W drive in, walked on the beach, had a swimming race (which I won), and drove back.

I doubt that he ever knew I wasn't Al Kaline's sister and if he had known, he would never have asked me out!

Kuki February 4th, 2011 01:14 AM

OK.. my very first date was my SISTER. EEK!! We had a womb with a view.