Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Admiral

I was not condemning Facebook. Matter of fact I have far too much personal information on even this site. Thing is, I don't care. I live in a small town and my photograph name, address and e-mail address are in the newspaper every week.

I am only trying to get across what Henry has often said on other threads and that is BE CAREFUL! Facebook has a myriad of redeeming qualities. I just happen to think from what I've seen on friend's computers that have the program that many people, especially the young, have far too much information out there for the world to see. I too love seeing Trip's creations but (thanks to her guidance) I can see them "privately" for lack of a better term.

As for Aidan's question, I can only tell you what the Veterinarian himself said when he had a professional start investigating how what happened initially occurred. The pro told him the problem originated with his Facebook account being hacked. Now if anyone cares to not believe that, that's fine simply because I personally have no way of knowing. But to me common sense would dictate if his E-Mail account had been compromised, what would be the purpose of saying his Facebook account had been hacked?

Todd
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Today, on CBS Sunday Morning, there was a story about a teacher down south, who had a picture on her FB page, that was taken years prior. It was her on vacation with a glass of wine in one hand,and a beer in the other.

So the school told her, a parent of one of the students has told the school about it..this proved to be a lie, it was an anonymous source. They gave her the option of being suspended or resigning......she chose to resign.

She made a good point..what would have been the difference, if she had shown the vacation pictures in hand, to anyone at the school, rather then posting on FB..AND, they were years old.

She is suing,and I hope shge wins BIG Time..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Went to an Alpha Phi Fraternity alumni dinner last night where a couple of the younger members put on a slide show re Facebook and could interact with it to demonstrate aspects of it ... including the privacy factor.

The one explaining Facebook has 700 friends - all showing their pictures and names ... and anyone who clicked on one of those pix could possibly be added to their friends of friends ad infitnum.

None of those people have to "befriend" these people. BUT they have enough information to go to other sites available on the internet to get their addresses - even their social security numbers.

AND if they are a mind to - could stalk them.

I had my identity stolen once and I had to supply my income tax form among other things to prove that I wasn't the one. And, it took many months to get it cleared.

I don't want my data identity stolen.

Went to the dinner knowing I would NEVER sign up for Facebook but did want it demonstrated to me.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012