CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Have you ever been on a TV show ? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/380200-have-you-ever-been-tv-show.html)

Lakers Fan February 5th, 2011 06:06 PM

Have you ever been on a TV show ?

Mrs.Henry43 was on Concentration .I tried out for Millionaire ,Jeopardy and other similiar shows but never made it .

Cruznut2 February 5th, 2011 06:18 PM

As a child in Massachusetts I was on a local childrens program. it aired around noon every day and was called "The Big Brother Bob Emery Show" I think Trip can relate to thats how also.

Laura

johnthed0g February 5th, 2011 07:00 PM

A few times on dog programmes, once live! The dogs have done more than me though.

Snoozeman February 5th, 2011 07:27 PM

An episode of 'Cheaters':cool:

Trip February 5th, 2011 08:39 PM

Laura, wouldn't it have been funny if we were on the same show!! I did a Bactine commercial with the cantancerous Big Brother Bob Emory!

I was also on the Major Mudd Show:)

rollerdonna February 5th, 2011 09:37 PM

I was interviewed on a community news show about Playful Parenting.
At the time I was director of the first Playful Parenting centre in Canada.

I was also on a cable tv childrens' show in Ontario once as part of a childrens entertainment duo.

donna

Kuki February 5th, 2011 10:08 PM

I've been profiled on America's Most Wanted a couple of times. Does that count?

Lakers Fan February 5th, 2011 10:45 PM

AMW

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1349997)
I've been profiled on America's Most Wanted a couple of times. Does that count?

Yes ,it most certainly does

Comet Cruiser February 6th, 2011 12:30 AM

My Mom and I were on Front Page Challenge a "sort" of game type show that aired back in the 50's in Canada. The panel had to figure out what was so special about my birth. Gordon Sinclair a famous radio personality was on the panel and he guessed that I was born in a canoe on Lake Ontario....:D I remember standing beside my Mom(she was sitting in a chair) and I was standing there fidgiting with this little fancy hanky my Grandma INSISTED I pin to my skirt.

He was wrong as were the rest of the panelists and we stumped them and won a BIG $50.00.......that was a lot back in 1958.

The answer was I stopped the "Royal Procession" with the then Princess Elizabeth who later became Queen Elizabeth. My Mom went into labour and they were having a parade in downtown Toronto, the police had to stop the "Royal Procession" so my Mom could get to the hospital to have me..and go figure it was the 13th of the month ;)

Gail
Comet Cruiser

venice February 6th, 2011 05:06 AM

I was on "The Weakest Link" if was a long taping of 2 days and the host was really a nice lady but played mean on the show..didn't win

thecruisequeen February 6th, 2011 09:14 AM

On the Price is Right back in 1984.

On the Channel 7 news back in 1996 interviewed for a segment regarding working out at home vs. gym and celebrity fitness workouts.

Lakers Fan February 6th, 2011 12:04 PM

The Weakest Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1350063)
I was on "The Weakest Link" if was a long taping of 2 days and the host was really a nice lady but played mean on the show..didn't win

I auditioned for the show in NYC . Ann Robinson was at the auditions .I made it past the written test and the personal interview but the show went off the air before I could have been called .

Lakers Fan February 6th, 2011 12:08 PM

2 more that I just remembered . I was in the crowd at a Peoples Court and asked my opinion on a case and I was on camera .

When WaWa opened their first store in NJ ,I was again in the crowd and I saw myself on the news that evening.

TravelMike February 6th, 2011 04:23 PM

I have not but Carole was on Dance Party while in High School some years ago. This was a local San Francisco show not Dick Clark's from PA. Mike

ToddDH February 6th, 2011 04:39 PM

Long before I knew her, Fran was interviewed to appear on I one of the nationwide game shows that originated in New York. She was picked because as a housewife, her life wasn't "interesting" enough.

We too Henry were on Concentration but we were in the audience and was panned the camera.

Same thing on the short lived Morton Downey Show. I remember the guest was Al Sharpton.

Finally, I was on a localized live debate. I guess I won because I beat both of my opponents combined by a landslide in the general election, one that I wasn't given a prayer of finishing any better than a far far removed third place with but a handful of votes.

I admit, I felt rather proud. Fran on the other hand was not over the moon, hell, she'd gone beyond Mars!

Todd

Queen of Oakville February 6th, 2011 04:43 PM

I was on Reach for the Top.

gb52877 February 6th, 2011 07:34 PM

I dragged my son with me to be in the audience of Regis and Kathie Lee (now Kelly) and we were on tv a few times as they panned the audience. My son was pleasantly surprised when one of the guests was his favorite boxer Holyfield. You could also hear my son at one point yell out Go Holyfield.

Manuel May 18th, 2013 06:27 AM

I was interviewed abut my Vietnam service during a Memorial Day event,
I also appeared on TV on a news segment about layoffs at a major corporation.

TM

seadog2 May 18th, 2013 02:14 PM

Never made it to TV but I auditioned for The Dating Game back in '71.

green_rd May 18th, 2013 05:51 PM

Was in the audience for letterman. The DS was in a local anti-drug commercial when he was young, and then on something that played in NYC taxis. I was in the movie Breaking Away.

skymaster May 19th, 2013 10:13 AM

I was on TV in lots of parades, including Mardi-Gras Parade, and Rose Bowl Parade. (I was in the U.S. Marine Corps Band!) :cool:

"SKY"

Kuki May 19th, 2013 11:03 AM

Unfortunately the TV cameras have been there every time I've been arrested.

Dave Beers May 19th, 2013 12:28 PM

I was in a scene of the "Love Boat: The Next Wave" TV show back in 1998. They were filming aboard Sun Princess and those of us on the pool deck were all in a scene where we broke out in spontaneous applause when the Captain (Robert Urich) announced "it's a boy" or maybe it was "it's a girl". The plot line was a passenger went into labor, difficult case, worried looks, ominous background music, whole ship was concerned, yada yada yada, and Doc had to deliver the baby.

If you ever see it, I am the pixel standing behind the Princess banner they had tied to the railing in the top center of the screen.

belgique May 20th, 2013 01:24 AM

Mr. Michigan Outdoors, Mort Neff, had a show in Detroit and I was on during "Water Safety Week". I demonstrated mouth-to-mouth recsucsitation (sp?), how to jump, not dive, into the water to save a drowning person, etc.

I was a hot shot 18 year old with a Water Safety Instructor card. My mother was SO proud of me!

AR May 20th, 2013 04:24 PM

Back in college, I was a regular panelist for two years on the "Live and Learn Forum," which was the longest running public affairs show on television at that time. Produced at WMAQ, the NBC owned and operated station in Chicago. Back then, WMAQ was still holding forth on the 16th floor of the Merchandise Mart, the legendary studios of the "Chicago School" of broadcasting, which included Dave Garroway, Kukla, Fran and Ollie, and so many others. Our show was shot in Studio E, which back in the radio days had been the studio for Amos 'n' Andy. There was a plaque on the wall. I did "Live and Learn" in the early days of color, which meant lots of hot light and lots of makeup. I was sad when NBC left the Mart. I don't know what's on the 16th floor now.

Since then I've been on in various contexts from time to time, but of course most of my TV work has been behind the camera.

silaner May 26th, 2013 09:59 AM

no i havent but i would like to :)

Beaker May 28th, 2013 12:44 PM

As a professional sound engineer, I've ended up on TV a few times. Both my wife and I have ended up in NHRA drag racing broadcasts while working and I have a good camio in the Steven Soderberg movie "Tribute" that aired on Showtime.

BigMac May 28th, 2013 03:35 PM

Does the 5 O-Clock New count?

I have been on the news in a political fight with the Chief of Police.

Not my most shining moment.

Lakers Fan May 28th, 2013 10:32 PM

One of my daughters hosted a Cable TV show in the 90's .