Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Back to Work Monday

Morning Mates, it's Monday and it's cold but beautiful out there today.
Yesterday we had every possible kind of weather in one day. There were ice pellets, then rain, then a blizzard, then freezing rain, then wind whipping the snow around; every time I looked out the window it was doing something different! Needless to say, I stayed indoors and stayed safe.

I just found out that a good friend of ours did not stay indoors yesterday, and in fact, he was only walking next door, when he fell on the ice and broke his leg in 3 places! He had surgery late last night and is still in hospital.
This is the guy who entertained us so wonderfully last weekend singing Irish songs at the pub. Poor guy, we'll be thinking of him..

Well, the Superbowl is over for another year. Did everybody enjoy it?
I was rather miffed that it seemed to be on every channel and there was nothing else to watch, so I turned the TV off and worked on my painting instead. Apparently I didn't miss much with the half time show, with Christina messing up the lyrics and other entertainment I don't care for.

Well, it's back to work day for me. I wonder if we'll make it through this week without another snow day? They're predicting more later in the week, we will see....

donna
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cool, cloudy, Texas.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's warmed up signifigantly,and lots of snow has melted, enough to see the roof of the shed again.

A few errands to run today,and that's about it for me..Maybe your day will be more exciting.....make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........

Not much happening here......Larry is off to work in a few minutes......gonna be a LONG day.........

Luanne...........thinking of you..........

Trip........bet you're glad to see the roof again.......that is WAY yoo much snow for me........

Laundry is calling my name.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I completely missed all of the Super Bowl festivities. It seemed very few people were thrilled with entertainment this year, so Donna you were not alone in your sentiments. I am just thrilled that all the entertainers kept their clothes on this year lol.

Not much on the agenda for today aside from the usual stuff. D/h left yesterday to teach this week in South Bend. So its just me and the kids together until Friday when he returns.

Hope you all have a good start to the week!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Snowville, Ct.

More snow is expected tonight and tomorrow morning.
All we can do is hope for an early spring.

Have a nice week everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates
Another week is upon us which means were one week closer to spring. Didn’t sleep well last night due to much pizza and my late night snack of strawberry pop tarts. With one week under my belt on WW I was feeling so much better I had to go and have pop tarts!

I need to do the grocery shopping today and later were going to visit my mother in-law; she’s in rehab after a knee replacement.
LS80 … the sweet songs of laundry!
Rd… A speedy recovery to your friend.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

I'm so happy that the PACKERS WON!!!!!
Aaron Rogers has been a class act, and I really was glad to see the team pull this one off.

Today I have my Aunt and cousin coming from MA. My aunt will be with me for 2 weeks, and my cousin will stay with my brother. Auntie is well into her 80's but still likes to be out and about. :-)

Jake flies out to Houston and then Minneapolis and who knows where else for his weeks adventure soon. Other than that not much happening around here.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining, birds are busy chatting, and we're headed to 71 degrees today in the desert.

My sister threw one heck of a Super Bowl party yesterday. Everyone there would have had to eat their weight in food to avoid having leftovers. She has a nice group of friends; many whom I've met before.

Of course when they see me we talk cruising. Two couples have a river cruise in Europe booked, another is doing Disney Dream, and a couple couples are booked on Crystal cruises, so no shortage of cruise talk.

Today I'm back to golf. So far this week I've got games booked for today, tomorrow and Thurs. Mrs. Kuki has been very busy painting water colors. She's getting quite good. Painting a lot of bird pictures, so I told her to keep it up and we could open a gallery called Flippin the Bird.
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Admiral

good morning mates, the sun is shining now for the second day in a row! yipee and its not snowing, temps are warming up so lots of snow melting going on, thank goodness for that, DH is burned out from snow plowing, doesn't care if it doesn't snow again at all.
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

My exciting day today is getting the oil changed in my truck,what fun. I am glad to get my truck back since hubby got his car repaired. We both have small cars and I find I don't like them anymore, I like to be up high where I can see.

Went to the furniture store yesterday and ordered two new recliners. As we got out of the car, hubby said "I forgot my billfold", so I had to pay for them. Of course, I don't work anymore so it was mutual money anyway. While we were in the store an announcement " Will the driver of the little white car parked out front please come to the front of the store", a man in a big truck turned his front tires into the bumper of Jim's car. He will probably need a new bumper.

Got to run, have a warm and safe day.

Brenda
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Default Back to Work Monday

Good morning, everybody. It's a beautiful sunny morning here in CA.

Looks like a quiet day for CruiseMates people. Add me to the list. It's the Mondau Special at our house: gym and laundry.

Have a good one!

Judy

Old February 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I had a fun day yesterday with Betty and my Grandson. We went sledding for a couple of hours. We had to cut it short when Grandpa's brain "took a vacation."

So after that I took a long nap but Betty recorded the Super Bowl for me. I woke up around 10:00 p.m. and watched the game. It started as a blowout but ended up being a good game. The half time show was underwhelming and I was actually thinking that last year's Who performance wasn't "that bad."

I sort of feel for Christina Aguilera. I remember seeing an interview with Aretha Franklin and she was asked which song was the hardest for her to sing and she answered. "The Star Spangled Banner". (paraphrase) It is hard to hit the notes, you are usually in front of tens of thousands of people and even the most professional of us can make a mistake.

I also remember in '76 when Elvis came to Minneapolis and I went to see him in concert. He must have been feeling patriotic because he started the show with "his" rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and totally messed it up and had to start over two times. Then again, Elvis was probably a tad "altered" at that time of his life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Default Manic Monday

Good afternoon from Snowville ,NY .Its approximately 45 degrees out and very sunny .I am doing the NO MORE SNOW chant now.