Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Default Windy Wednesday!

Morning Mates, from a windy and cold Pictou County. We have at least another 10 cms of fresh snow, which has now frozen over, and the wind is whipping it over the roads, creating dangerous driving conditions.
The temp today is -9 with a windchill of -22.
On the plus side, it is sunny and picture-perfect out there.

Last night I got some sad news. A friend of ours who has been battling breast cancer for a little over a year, passed away yesterday afternoon.
She was the most happy, vibrant, positive personality you could want to meet, and she has been taken from us at the far too young age of 43.
Please say a prayer for her husband, two daughters, mother and many many friends who are grieving today.

donna
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sunny and freezing,with no snow in the forcast for a while. In my mind it's balmy, with humid breezes blowing the palm trees. I do have a very vivid imagination you know

Rd, after my post yesterday,and yours this morning, the Pink Road is just way too crowded. I count my blessings. Such a young age to pass, my thoughts and sympathy to you all.

Food shopping this afternoon, to restock the larder

Make it a good one,

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 9th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday

Good morning from freezing cold but sunny NY .No snow for the next 7 days .There are still mountains of snow in my area.
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cold, windy Texas. Everyone is delayed this morning, because of the forcast of sleet, but so far, it is only rain.

Donna, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. That is so young. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family, and to you. It is hard to understand sometimes, why the young go first.

Well, I am down by 15 lbs. now. For the first time yesterday, I could see my feet. I haven't missed much, because they are not that good to look at.

We have all our plans together for our upcoming trip to Florida. We will leave here next Thurs. (I hope) and fly to Orlando, rent a car, and drive to Daytona. We are staying in a town called Palm Coast, because that is the closest we could get to the raceway. Fri. will be down time, and then Sat. and Sun. will be race days. The entertainment was e-mailed to me last night, which I had been waiting to hear. It will be Brad Paisley. This is good news, because we have never seen him in concert. It should be fun.

We will be back in Orlando on Tuesday, so if anyone from there would like to get together for lunch or dinner, we would like that.

I hope all of you have a good, safe day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning,
Itís feeling a little balmy here with the temps at 5 degrees & a wind-chill of -15. At least I see the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds. Weíll have a low of -6 for the overnight temps.
My momís surgery was cancelled due to her having a UTI so I donít even have to leave the house today and thatís fine by me, TOO COLD!
Donna, thatís very sad new about your friend, her poor family Iím so sorry for everyone loss.
Luanne, I wish I could just pickup and fly down to Florida for a day or two, would love to meet you and have lunch. Were going down in April and I canít wait to be back in the ďSunshine StateĒ

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Admiral

good morning all, the sun is shining, its a bit chilly but its not snowing. Donna so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend to that horrible disease.
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates.
Donna so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. She was certainly too young.

My family and I are in the discovery process of the genetic testing I mentioned a few weeks ago. We got the results back yesterday from one close relative and it has confirmed my suspicions of a genetic link to certain types of cancer in my Husband's family. We will have to wait another two months for the results from another relative's test. I am waiting for a call back from our own Doctor to get some advice. A lot of people don't understand the purpose in even bothering with all of this. But it will be good to help our children to prevent them from passing the defective gene on, should they be carrying it. They now have a way to isolate the defective gene during in vitro so that it is not carried on to the next generation. I am very sad to have to deal with this right now and anxious to find out if d/h is a carrier or not, so we can either rest easily if he isn't or be more vigilant if he is.

Well tonight I plan to enjoy an evening out with my Sister. We rarely get to do much together and I could really us an evening out right now.

I hope you all have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

BW, I pray your family gets the best results possible. I do think you are a brave family, as so many would take the other road. You are in my thoughts..xo

Old February 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
BW, I pray your family gets the best results possible. I do think you are a brave family, as so many would take the other road. You are in my thoughts..xo
Thanks Trip! I feel I owe it to my children and their children. If there was
nothing that could be done, I would question going down this road, but early
detection buys you a lot these days and if we can stop passing these genes
on to our children, it would be a wonderful thing. It's no guarantee that they
won't get cancer, but will greatly reduce the odds to that of the general
population. That's a legacy I would proud to leave behind.

I am very concerned for my Husband. I want to be sure that we do everything
possible to keep him healthy and to live to be a very old man, so we can spoil
our Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren rotten together.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Gee, RD and I have the same weather, sort of It's windy in Scottsdale too, but we're headed to a day in the mid 60s.

Very sad news about your friends RD. It is depressing to hear when people so young are taken.

No major plans for us today. We'll just take it as it comes. I know I won't be shoveling all the snow that has fallen at home the last few days.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Admiral

BW, I understand being pro active...for me, it was the right road..You send a great message.

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Default Windy Wednesday

Good morning. We are promised wind as well, but it looks to be a beautiful day anyway.

Donna, why one is taken so young is one of the universal questions. My dear neighbor was taken at age 64, and I think that's too young to go, too. My condolences to you and her family.

I have a recheck appt. with the doctor who did the radiation after my mastectomy. Yesterday, the dermatologist took some skin samples and also told me I will have to undergo a full body skin exam, as Keith did.

Gym day today and lunch somewhere yummy.

Judy

Old February 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates

It has been quite windy here but now it's winding down.

RD, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. We will include her family in our Prayers.

Luanne mentioned Palm Coast FL. It so happens that we stay there very often and plan to make our future home there.
We will be staying there in april a few days pre and also post cruise.

Have a nice day everyone

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16 *Anniversary cruise *
Old February 9th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Admiral

It is in the low thirtie's today in Virginia Beach. Hopefully, it will warm up tomorrow. I went to the gym and then did some food shopping. This cold weather makes me lazy!!! Rollerdonna, so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. Let's hope that research for cures for all illnesses continues at a vibrant pace.