Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Default Your very own cruise line

If you were to start a cruise line what would you name it ? How many ships would you have ? Where would your ships sail to ? What would be different from any established cruise line ?

My cruise line would only serve ethnic foods .The name of my cruise line :Freedom .

We would have 18 ships and sail from NYC ,Boston ,Los Angeles and Vancouver ,BC.We would sail to every part of the world possible .
We would have on board clergy of all faiths during respective holiday times .
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Back in the 90's on one of the early cruise boards, the members decided that we should buy our own cruise ship. We called it "The Impossible Dream." We all got to be on the staff.
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Admiral

What would it cost to buy one ?
Old February 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Admiral

I would name my cruiseline "Snug Harbor Cruises" (named for the world famous jazz club in New Orleans)..would have two ships..1) Smooth Jazz & 2) Cool Soul..they would sail in the winter to the caribbean islands on the weeks of the various island jazz festivals (and in the summer they would sail in Europe to attend all the great jazz festivals there)..the other weeks they would be chartered by the various current jazz music promoters

we would be different because it would be smooth jazz/cool soul concerts every day and the crew would all be musicians and jazz singers and on Sundays we would have a Gospel Brunch
Old February 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Admiral

ohhh boy. The fleet would be smaller vessels so that we could visit, small exotic ports of call that the big/mega ships cant, and we would sail all over the world, departure ports would be Boston, New York, Ft. Lauderdale, Galvelston, San Diego, Seattle. Two ships would be for families only with lots of activities day and night an awesome kids club that teaches about the earth and the ocean, an awesome teen center, and a sanctuary/spa for the parents. One ship would be premier- catering to a clientele who want and expect the finer things that a cruise ship experience has to offer, the rest of the fleet (7 vessels) would be of a good quality main-stream line. My cruise line would also have its own charter air fleet to get you to your ship and home again, and a hotel at or near the airport/cruise terminal for pre-post cruise stays
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Admiral

I have come as close to having my own cruise line as I possibly can.
I own stock in one of the cruise corporations.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

My cruise line would be for dog lovers only! Completely pet friendly and centered around pets and their needs..We would sail to pet friendly places only! ahhh to dream! Our furry friends deserve a vacation too!
Old February 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

My cruise line would be small with just 3 ships. Smaller more intimate ships for charter. Itineraries tailored to the clients wishes. Located in the South Pacific away from the crowded ports of the Caribbean. Each client would set the tone for the cruise they choose. It can be formal or casual or themed. Smoke free of course. Name of the cruise line would be Cruises in Paradise

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Default stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
I have come as close to having my own cruise line as I possibly can.
I own stock in one of the cruise corporations.

TM
I once owned stock in a sporting team and lost money .
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Hez,

I swear, when I initially read your post the first thing that jumped into my mind was, "If you think one dog in a car getting carsick is unsettling, imagine 3 or 4,000 dogs barking not to mention barfing simultaneously all over the ship." I could just see crew preferrring to take their chances by lowering themselves in lifeboats as the ship is clipping along at 20 knots!

Yeah, I've already been told, I gotta' sick sense of humor.

Todd
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Yep,Todd, the barking and barfing could create quite a scene no doubt but-- what would you do with about 2500 dogs and about 1500 of them being males and the other thou females, and of those about 200-300 " in season."
Talk about a dog fight--I think the crew, along with most passengers would abandon ship when that commotion started !
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Ron, that's why I'm a big supporter of Spay/Neuter.....usually of four footed animals but I could probably come up with a few of another species.

Todd