Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Thursday!

Morning Mates,
Slept in this morning and missed my aquafitness class, but that's OK, I did enough shoveling yesterday to make up for not exercising the rest of the week!
It was a beautiful, if cold, bright sunny day yesterday, so it came as a shock when I discovered around noon that schools had been closed since early morning. Apparently the cold, with the high winds whipping the snow had caused serious conditions on the roads and the school board deemed it unsafe to let the buses run, so school was canceled.
So instead of going to work, I spent the day digging out yet again...

This was the weather I drove to work in the day before when the schools were open...

And this was the beautiful day yesterday when schools were closed....

This is me, digging out yet again....

And this is Emma, loving the snow and the -24 sunshine!

donna
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Admiral

good Morning Donna!!

Beautiful pics - if you don't have to be out in it!! I thought for a moment I was looking at my house and my drive to work and me out digging out - the temps are a bit colder than here in Kansas.

This morning are temps were -6 with a windchill of -20 or so!

eventually the weather will change for all of us -

hope you have a great day despite the weather!
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cold, sunny Texas.

Donna, I love the pictures of your snow day, and of course of sweet Emma.

Our schools were closed yesterday, because of the storm that never was. It is sad that the students had to miss a day, and then have to make it up later, but deciding when they should attend, and when they shouldn't, is not something I would like to decide.

I don't have a lot planned for today. I do have errands to run, but it is so cold outside, so I might put them off for another day.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Morning cruisemates! The sun is slowly rising in Scottsdale this morning, and doing it's best to warm the coolish desert air. Today is only supposed to reach the mid 60s. But beginning tomorrow temps are forecast to rise throughout the next seven days, and we'll hopefully be seeing some weather in the 80s very soon.

Yesterday ended up being a day for me to catch up a bunch of bookwork, to start getting everything ready for tax reporting.

Golfing today with a group of people from home. It'll be snowbird day at the course. Being Arizona you always have to wonder if hunting season for snowbirds has started yet.

Mrs. Kuki has spotted an Estate sale at what appears to be a huge home in Paradise Valley, so she's going to have a gander. She loves to see some of the mansions, as well as what's inside them for sale.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's new bed day at my house. After five years of sleeping on the worst bed I have ever had a new Select Comfort, Select Fit, bed is being delivered. The old "Original Torture Factory" bed was a piece of crap and after two years of hassling with them I received a "pro-rated" refund on it. The new bed is a Sleep number bed and it's also adjustable like a king size hospital bed with each side independently adjustable. We are renaming our bedroom the "Geriatric Ward". I think I'll bring in a hot plate and mini-fridge and never have to leave the bedroom.

Also on the agenda is a trip to the eye doctor to get my eye pressure checked and see if I'm blind yet from the glaucoma. I can see what I'm typing so I'm not quite there yet. :o

Otherwise it's another clear and nippy day at -14F. The talking heads on TV said that we could be pushing +40F by Monday, so things are getting warmer. The sides of my driveway look like Donna's path.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and get out and enjoy the day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A very cold but sunny day here today in Chicago however things are looking up for the weekend and next week, we may even see 40f! I had a crazy night of dream after dream last night with most of them being travel related. One of them my hubby and I were about to board a plane when I realized we forgot our son was still at school. I think these are signs I need a vacation!
Rd… Emma’s is an absolute a beauty!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........30 out right now........mid 40's for the highs........& no rain......so the sun should peek out.........

Luanne........that is a shame the kids have to miss a day for no reason & then have to make it up.......

Mike......you might just have something there.......just make sure ya walk abit so your legs keep moving.....

Not much happening here........just getting things ready for leaving on the cruise in 2 weeks......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it was -7 degrees this morning and I think today I will bid winter a not so fond farewell and prepare to welcome spring as our temps should soar upward to the 50's by Thursday of next week! That has to be some kind of a record I think. It should be in the 40's by the weekend. We sure do get some funky weather. It was like we instantly had fall upon us, then winter came out of nowhere. and we're going from subzero temps to 40 in 2 days time... I think that d/h's job is going to be testing the pump under the house this weekend because once all this ice and snow starts to melt, it is going to get moist under there. Ugh!

Well I completed the first phase of spring cleaning. My front porch is filled with all of the stuff I had set out to donate, but the fellow who was supposed to come pick up the stuff, couldn't make it because his truck broke down. So I may attempt to load it all in my truck and take it in myself if possible. Its kind of hard to haul that stuff in my truck because of the fifth wheel hitch in there, but I am going to give it a shot. Right now it looks like the rednecks are moving in or moving out with all that stuff sitting out there.

Looking forward to seeing d/h tomorrow. It's been a long week without him here. I think he's missing us too.

Well I better move on to phase 2 of spring cleaning... yuck!

Have a good day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are happy with our cold but sunny weather. There is no snow in the forecast, and temps will be going up in a couple of days.

We could use an early spring.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Virginia Beach where it has snowed! Schools were closed but, thankfully, the gym was open. (I called first). Now the roads are already cleared so it will be "smooth sailing" going to work later this afternoon. Loved your pictures of the snow, Rollerdonna, and especially the one of your dog! How I miss my Muffy and Brandy!
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Thursday

Good morning, everyone. It's sunny and I hope a little warmer.

Keith and I have appt. with the tax lady today. Also there will be her dog, Rusty. Rusty reminds me of one of those poufs you used to find in boxes of bath powder.

Donna, Emma is, indeed, a beauty. Pic made me want to reach in and pet her.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday

Good afternoon from chilly but sunny NY . I have been elected to stay home today while we have work done on the house .Mrs.Henry43 is out shopping .