CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Sunny Saturday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/380384-sunny-saturday.html)

rollerdonna February 12th, 2011 08:35 AM

Sunny Saturday!

Morning Mates, the sun is brilliant today, but the temperature sits at -13C or 8F. Pictou is celebrating "Take the Roof Off Winter" this weekend, a Winter Carnival of sorts, featuring sledding, sleigh rides,skating, chocolate extravaganza and trivia at the pub tonight, which of course we'll be going to.

Tomorrow we're going to visit our friend who fell on the ice the other day and broke his leg in 3 places. I'm sure he could use some cheering up, and as his girlfriend says, "he'd love somebody to talk to other than me!"

Have a good weekend everyone, and THINK SPRING!

donna

Manuel February 12th, 2011 09:16 AM

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We certainly will think spring, and if we all think hard enough, we will have an early spring.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

TM

beenie weenie February 12th, 2011 09:46 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am sitting here dealing with fussy kids who don't want to practice their music. They really didn't practice much this week and now they are paying the price... and so am I...lol!

In a bit we'll make our way across the state line to Illinois for their lessons. I need to pick up some groceries and a few other items. Then back home.

I am really looking forward to the milder temps this next week! Let Spring begin!

Have a great day all!

Kuki February 12th, 2011 10:10 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! BRIGHT sunshine, with not a cloud in the sky, and we're heading to the high 70s! AWESOME! These are the days explaining why I come to AZ. Is this Feb? :)

I am golfing today, and Mrs. Kuki is going to be a good sport and take my mother along to visit an estate sale at a huge home in Paradise Valley... too see how the rich and famous lived.

Have a variety of friends coming into town over the next week, so it's going to get busy, with golf and dining out with friends.

And, have to start cruise prep some time. Two weeks today we'll be sailing to Hawaii.

Aerogirl February 12th, 2011 10:13 AM

Good morning
A sunny Saturday indeed! I can almost feel spring in the air. The pulled muscle in my back still hurts whenever I look down or turn the wrong way, thanks Dr. OZ for the stretching tip, Iíll stick to my way of stretching!:rolleyes:Had a great time with my mom last night just hanging out I need to do that more often, I know she loved the company. Not much else going on in these neck of the woods. Have a great day!

Lakers Fan February 12th, 2011 10:36 AM

Saturday

Good Morning from NY where its 34 degrees and cloudy .Snow is predicted for late this afternoon and continuing through the evening .

CruisinK n J February 12th, 2011 11:08 AM

Sunny Saturday

Sunny Saturday, indeed. We are headed to 80.

Keith is about to head to Riverside. I'm going to do some house work and then go look for sheets on sale. Isn't that exciting?:)

I hope everbody has a good Saturday.

Judy

ToddDH February 12th, 2011 11:31 AM

Good morning everyone.

It's a gorgeous morning outside and temps, while in the low 20's F at night are going to be near 50 this afternoon.

I might even find a reason to go out but I have to go shopping tomorrow (we don't have a Sunday paper so all of the flyers and coupons that begin tomorrow come in today's paper).

What the heck, I'm retired so why not go out both days? Hmmmmm......maybe I shall.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and Kuki, I hope you at least break 100 on the front nine! :roll: LOL

Todd

Mike M February 12th, 2011 12:16 PM

Good morning everyone from the "melting pot".

It's a balmy 36 degrees outside with a high of 40 forecast. It's swimsuit weather. :D

I went to put the last toilet on yesterday. When I took the old one off I saw something that I didn't want to see. The closet flange was destroyed. The toilet was put in over 20 years ago and when they did they broke the flange and did a "flange repair". That toilet was slightly loose but I figured the bolts just needed tightening. I worked on it for about an hour but realized that with the flange "pipe dope glued" to the main pipe I would have to cut it out. I don't have the tools to do that type of cutting and if I chipped it out I would probably crack the main and I would be in real trouble. So, I said "To heck with it" and called a plumber. He'll be out on Monday morning to finish the job. It will probably be a $300 charge but I'll pay that rather than end up paying 10X that much if I cracked the main.

We really have nothing on the agenda for the whole weekend. My grandkids are fighting nasty colds so they won't be over. Betty is also starting to catch something so she is still in her lounge wear and she is debating if she wants to even get dressed. I told her "Just take it easy.". This will probably be the day that unexpected guests arrive. :D

I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys themselves, no matter if they get dressed or not. :D

Take care,
Mike

anniegb February 12th, 2011 12:54 PM

Hello from London where it is 50F, dry and sunny.

My younger sister arrived safely in Auckland complete with 50Kg of Scottish sweeties, biscuits,presents etc. Yes it did fill 2 suitcases! I know!

Dinner tonite with my brother and family and his Chinese-in-laws.

Enjoy the weekend.

Annie

moniza June 27th, 2012 02:51 AM

I love to enjoy the Sunny Saturday but some times it is so hot so i miss that day :) Celebrate the party anniegb. Thanks

Have a great weekend :)