Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Angry Pirates

Just read on A.O.L thatSommali pirates are holding 4 americans after there yacht was seized 275 miles from the coast of Oman. Said the americans were on a 10 year around the world cruise to distribute bibles.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Phil&Liz's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,979
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil&Liz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Just read on A.O.L thatSommali pirates are holding 4 americans after there yacht was seized 275 miles from the coast of Oman. Said the americans were on a 10 year around the world cruise to distribute bibles.
I don't know why anyone with a sea going vessel (aside from military) would be anywhere near the Somali coast after the history of pirates.

Suppose they felt they were "safe" .
__________________
The Original Phil & Liz

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money. Margaret Thatcher

Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there. Billy Connolly

I Didn't Come here and I ain't Leaving.
Willie Nelson

9/01/2013 Carnival Legend
2/16/2014 BC 7

Bill Murray
20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Default

Maybe they thought they were on a mission from god and thought they would be protected and allthat stuff
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

They live on the yacht 365 days a year . Missionaries have no fear .
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Because of "Mother ships" the pirates's reach is now hundereds of miles. I don't know where this yacht was located.

Back in the late 1700's, Ben Franklin was introduced to this flashly dressed bejeweled Arab. When he asked his Franch hosts who he was, they explained that he was really a nice chap, am "Ambassador" from the Arab world whose job it was to collect tribute from the European governments to prevent hijacking of their ships by pirates. The member of the King's Court explained to Franklin that we'd of course do the same. Franklin, in the understatment of that century, "Thought not."

Picture that happening!

By the time Stephen Decatur had made two sailings to the area (the first in 1803 and again with a large naval force in 1815), the practice stopped. In,1815 his Armada forced all of the Arabe pirate nations to give up the practice entirely, at least as the US was concered.

In short, after some shall we say military demonstrations, they all caved like a house of cards and he even exacted payment from the involved Arab states by making them the proverbial "Offer they couldnt' refuse. Either they'd stop the practice and pay damagers or he'd sit off the coast and eradicate their coast line not to mention their bejeweled palaces. They took the "hint."

I have no idea why, as the most powerful Navy on Earth we don't stop this practice. I guess probably because somebody might get embarrassed or for fear somebody will get mad at us. Oh dear!

Todd
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Phil&Liz's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,979
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil&Liz
Default

There has been some speculation that the US military could rescue the Americans.

If the countries in the region continue to "act up" with the protests ect then that southern area will be flooded with military vessels to protect the passage of commerce and oil via the Suez.

With Somalia being at the entrance to the Gulf of Aden and Yemen having protests, a blockade of the Gulf is a possbility.

If that happens there will be significant military presence and, so, ya know, while were there, take care of the pirate thing.


Egypt to allow Iranian vessels through Suez Canal - Yahoo! News
Of particular interest:
" It would be the first time since Iran's clerical rulers came to power in the 1979 Islamic Revolution that naval vessels from the country have passed through the canal to the Mediterranean."

So for 30 years they didn't need to pass thru the Suez yet now all of a sudden they do? Very curious timing.
__________________
The Original Phil & Liz

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money. Margaret Thatcher

Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there. Billy Connolly

I Didn't Come here and I ain't Leaving.
Willie Nelson

9/01/2013 Carnival Legend
2/16/2014 BC 7

Bill Murray
20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old February 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Default

I read on A.O.L today that there are reports of a U.S naval ship shadowing the yacht!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

We won't and can't do anything ourselves,least we pee someone off. But we can tell the United Nations on them!!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
DougR.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Erial, New Jersey
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
We won't and can't do anything ourselves,least we pee someone off. But we can tell the United Nations on them!!
We have done so in the past, US forces have attacked the pirates in the past and are part of the international patrols in the area. Please check facts before you run our country down.
__________________
Doug




Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

Our government has been doing that since 1789 .
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,741
Default

Piracy has existed for centuries. Many countries have foughtagaist it over those centuries.

We also have had crime on land for even longer. We fight crime everywhere, but we have never been able to exterminate it.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
sergej's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 195
Send a message via Skype™ to sergej
Default

Pirates ?

Take it easy .

the highest probability to anybody to be killed comes from his own family – from his
husband , children etc.
the most accidents happens in house were people lived.

Take care !

On any modern ship you are in much more safety ( maybe 10- 100 time more)
as in your own house or by barbecue with your friends.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

Doug, as one who spent 13 months in a hell hole called Vietnam as a young man, I feel I have earned the right to voice my opinion.
Don't lecture me about running my country down. What did you do in the war? I carried a M/60 machine gun that weighed 23 lbs, and yes, I used it-
-I didn't carry it just for the sake of toting it around, amongst all the other stuff we had to carry so again, I feel I have earned the right to make a statement and as to whether or not you agree with it, I respect your opinion--just don't tell me I'm running my country down!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:33 PM
DougR.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Erial, New Jersey
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Doug, as one who spent 13 months in a hell hole called Vietnam as a young man, I feel I have earned the right to voice my opinion.
Don't lecture me about running my country down. What did you do in the war? I carried a M/60 machine gun that weighed 23 lbs, and yes, I used it-
-I didn't carry it just for the sake of toting it around, amongst all the other stuff we had to carry so again, I feel I have earned the right to make a statement and as to whether or not you agree with it, I respect your opinion--just don't tell me I'm running my country down!
US Air Force 20 years 10 months 15 Days. You have no right to lecture me on that basis. You have a right to your own opinion. You do not have the right to your own facts. Fact is you are wrong, we have struck back at pirates both today and in the past. Your post clearly states that we as a nation can do nothing "lest we pee someone off" --that is running our country down.
__________________
Doug




Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

You sir, have your opinion--I have mine. If we had stopped this piracy thing when it first started , we would not have the problem we have now. Yes, I know we fought pirates back in the 1700-1800's etc. The key word is fought! Heck--I even used to watch Pirate movies when I was kid !!
Too bad we don't take it as seriously now as we did then.
I'm actually beginning to admire the Pirates as they at least have the backbone to do something, even in the face of all the supposedly armed might of several countries with Navies allied against them--they can still take a motor boat and capture a ship, hold it for months, usually get a ransom for several million and on to the next one. Not bad.

However, I will voice my opinion regarding my Gov., my country and any other thing whether it meets with your approval or not. Perhaps, just perhaps, you should ask whether everyone's opinion is really in your realm.
Love, peace and hugs,
Ron
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM
DougR.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Erial, New Jersey
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
You sir, have your opinion--I have mine. If we had stopped this piracy thing when it first started , we would not have the problem we have now. Yes, I know we fought pirates back in the 1700-1800's etc. The key word is fought! Heck--I even used to watch Pirate movies when I was kid !!
Too bad we don't take it as seriously now as we did then.
I'm actually beginning to admire the Pirates as they at least have the backbone to do something, even in the face of all the supposedly armed might of several countries with Navies allied against them--they can still take a motor boat and capture a ship, hold it for months, usually get a ransom for several million and on to the next one. Not bad.

However, I will voice my opinion regarding my Gov., my country and any other thing whether it meets with your approval or not. Perhaps, just perhaps, you should ask whether everyone's opinion is really in your realm.
Love, peace and hugs,
Ron
You still miss the point -- we have been fighting the pirates in the present. As in last several years. Now--21st century. We have a naval ship shadowing the yacht that is captive.

Many of the ships hijacked are not American and therefore do not demand our armed response.
__________________
Doug




Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,741
Default

Ron, I am a Vietnam veteran as well. I also did my share of handling a M-60 as well as other weapons.
The thing about pirates is that all countries in that region need to work together. As lond as Pirates can make millions and have a safe harbor, we will never kill them all.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR. View Post
We have done so in the past, US forces have attacked the pirates in the past and are part of the international patrols in the area. Please check facts before you run our country down.
It seems to me that if the U.S are part of international patrols in the area and have not been able to stop the pirates. Thats not saying much about the international patrol!Just my opion oh and by the way Im not running my country down just my opion in which I am intiled to.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Okay Doug and Ron. I believe you two are actually on the same page and just don't know it.

I am also a vet but not a combat vet. I've been in scary situations, you don't do what I did for over 27 years and not be in some tough situations but at the worst, they pale to combat. What I believe Ron (please correct me Ron if I'm wrong) meant was not that we couldn't militarily address the problem but rather because of all the stuff we've been involved in, a large part of world opinion has frequently of late turned against us and for that reason we are treading carefully, maybe too carefully. I'm not saying that it's right or it's wrong, I'm just stating a fact.

I am in awe of both combat Vets such as you Ron and Manuel and anyone else out there who has seen combat and also I greatly admire career military even if they never saw combat such as you Doug (if indeed you didn't and you may have). Truth is, only a fraction of the military ever does the actual fighting.

I am, however, a student of history, primarily one area but that doesn't mean I haven't studied others as well.

The world (primarily at least the western world) has changed as regards wars and civilian deaths etc. I am truthfully afraid that because of that change (admirable though it is) not to mention mistakes and misteps over the decades in both foreign policy (including Administrations of both parties) and in some instances unnecessary military deployment at government direction, we are going to pay a dear price indeed.

No one and I mean NO ONE can ever understand the horrific toll combat takes on a soldier unless they've been there. One of the greatest tragedies of Combat was voiced (now I'm not quoting because I'm not sure who said it but it's someone quite notable (I believe it was the late great reporter Ernie Pyle)), that the worst part of combat is that it corrupts the soldier. By that he meant morally, simply because a soldier in combat must do things he would never not only not do but not even think of doing in civilian life-and then he spends the rest of his life reliving those instances, often as nightmares. I have read over two thousand books on combat and warfare yet not being a combat veteran, I still consider myself sufficiently educated to the extent that I cannot comprehend how any of you guys ever return to a normal life, yet most of you do. Just the physical deprivation is unbelieveable whether it be hauling that M-60 through the heat and humidity of the jungles of 'Nam or spending three weeks in one of the coldest winters in European history with no way of getting warm and not only that but not even in winter combat gear!

All I know is from books but from books I definitely know enough that I honor in my heart every single American who has served and especially actually fought for their country. The overwhelming majority of Americans feel the same way I do.

Now let's get beyond that part. The pirate situation is completely different from international differences, etc. We could stop this situation in a heartbeat and in my opinion we should! This is a problem of a lawless area directly pointed at Americans (others too but I'm concerned about citizens of this country as I presume others are concerned about the situation of their citizens). Problem is, to do it would inolve the loss of a significant number of innocent lives. Absolutely no one that I know of wants innocent civilians, especially women and children to die but by its very nature, combat involves the death of innocents. It's absolutely unavoidable. So, today's military tries sometimes even at the direction of higher authority to avoid civilian casualties any if at all possible! Just that policy has made the jobs of our combat troops so much more difficult than it should ever be and I'll tell you this too, it has cost a lot of totally unnecessary casualties to our boys. And never forget, we are fighting people who don't wear uniforms!

I am afraid that such an extreme policy along the lines of ("you can shoot that guy over there but you can't shoot into that house over here where you know there is an extremely high probability of it also being full of the enemy because innocent civilians are in it) will and I hope I'm so wrong, eventually prove to be our own "Sword of Damocles" so to speak. Oh, and if you think we should find out, I believe you should be the person to walk across the field and knock on the door. Certainly not all but a lot of this is a result of the ever present camera and reporter in combat situations. The public wants to see what is going on at all times. The problem with that is the public neither understands nor truthfully should see or know all of the details simply because since they know nothing of combat nor understand that there are no Marquis De Queensbury rules, not to mention the incessant abject fear that a GI in combat (they guy you're watching on your TV) experiences while trying to stay alive sometimes just one or two more minutes. I've often said that if there was on scene TV reporting during the Second World War, Dwight Eisenhower would have been out of a job by June 7, 1944.

I turned to my adored late wife the day we entered Iraq and said, "We're going to be in trouble." Was that because of politics, unpopularity, etc. ad nauseam? No. It was because I didn't think we had anywhere near sufficient forces on the ground at that time to get the job done and get it done quickly. Recent history has proven me correct on that point.

For the unitiated, the ONLY way you win any war is to unleash unbelievable, unrelenting and continuous horrific violence. That is why I believe in going to war only when we are either physically attacked (and it doesn't necessarily have to be in the contiguous 48 either), or a political situation has become so intolerable that it's significantly effecting the security of this nation (think North Korea). Nevertheless if for any reason we send our troops into combat, the gloves come off and that doesn't mean you can't be compassionate, either. As a matter of fact throughout all theaters of WWII the American GI, as they do to this day, from their own hearts give the deprived population more of their own personal stuff than you could ever imagine, down to sharing their own (sometimes meager) rations to help feed them. You rarely ever see that on the nightly news because it's not "sexy" or "thought provoking." In actuality the average American GI is the absolute finest ambassador of good will that we have.

Stephen Decatur (the guy who whacked the Barbary Pirates) said it best when he said (and most people forget the first part), "Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be right; but OUR country, right or wrong!"

C'es la guerre!

Todd
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:17 AM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

Todd, thank you for putting into perspective what I was getting at, and doing it in a much better way than I did.
I respect Doug's right to voice his opinion as much as I respect the right to express mine.
I had 2 ancestors in the Union Army, one in the 7th Ky. Cavalry and one in the 1 st Ky. Infantry. They both survived. My grandfather was in WW 1 in Europe and my dad went back to Europe to fight in W.W. 2 under George Patton. Then I had my time at bat in Vietnam. Accordingly, I feel I and my family have earned the right to be critical of our Gov. and the way it handles some things if we choose to. I don't feel it's " running our country down" if we choose to voice our opinions.


To end on a humorous note, I read somewhere and don't remember where nor who said it but it was something like this:
" I'm not worried about that one bullet out there that may have my name on it--I'm worried about the thousands that are just addressed to whom it may concern!"

Again I thank you for putting everything in it's proper perspective.
To Doug, I say, thank you for your years of service.

Last edited by Ron; February 22nd, 2011 at 02:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,892
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

Yep--and Nero fiddled while Rome burned.
However, I won't be drawn into another debate on what should be done.
I just learned my sister's oldest daughter died last night due to a heart attack. I, in addition to worrying about my niece, now have to worry about my 80 year old sister.

Todd, I thank you again for your commentary on the pirate problem and putting things in the perspective that you did--you did it much better than I could.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,892
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

Ron, so very sorry for the loss of your niece. My sympathies to you and your family.
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Ron, so very sorry for the loss of your niece. My sympathies to you and your family.
I want to say the same.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Phil&Liz's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,979
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil&Liz
Default

As I wrote in the other thread...

Given the current unrest in the general area, it would not be unreasonable to begin tasking some "support" vessels.

I have some concerns that the end result of continued unrest in the area will be the closure of the Suez.

This would then certainly bring in ALOT of firepower.

As with Haiti, the lack of a real sustainable gov't. is the biggest issue and the only long term way to clean up the country.
__________________
The Original Phil & Liz

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money. Margaret Thatcher

Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there. Billy Connolly

I Didn't Come here and I ain't Leaving.
Willie Nelson

9/01/2013 Carnival Legend
2/16/2014 BC 7

Bill Murray
20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

Doug,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
You still miss the point -- we have been fighting the pirates in the present. As in last several years. Now--21st century. We have a naval ship shadowing the yacht that is captive.

Many of the ships hijacked are not American and therefore do not demand our armed response.
In fairness, Ron has a point. Our gutless polititions have restricted our navy to a defensive posture of striking only when they hijack a vessel of U. S. flag. If we were serious, we would send in the Marines to clean out the pirates' bases and sink any vessel identified as a "mother ships" upon its sighting -- and then we would keep going to clean the rest of the bad actors out of Somalia and establish a legitimate government there so the problem would not recur.

*sigh*

Norm, a former naval officer....

Last edited by Rev22:17; February 24th, 2011 at 09:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Phil&Liz's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,979
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil&Liz
Default

__________________
The Original Phil & Liz

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money. Margaret Thatcher

Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there. Billy Connolly

I Didn't Come here and I ain't Leaving.
Willie Nelson

9/01/2013 Carnival Legend
2/16/2014 BC 7

Bill Murray
20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old February 25th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

Trip and Manuel, I thank you both for the kind thoughts regarding the death of my niece. It's much appreciated.
Ron.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Ron, I am so very very sorry for your loss. I just found out be rereading this thread.

Please accept my sincerest condolences to you, your sister and the entire family. I now know what it is like to lose someone very close and I grieve with you.

God Bless and know that your sister's daughter is in a far better place and I most firmly believe that.

Todd
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,306
Default

Todd, thank you very much. Out of my original family my older sister and I are the only ones left . She is 80 and although I worry about the death of my niece, I'm concerned about my sister. She had breathing difficulties at the funeral and had to be taken to the E.R. but it seems is was stress and the strain so we'll just have to keep an eye on her and see.
Again, I sincerely thank you.I understand what you have been through of late and wish I could in some way help ease your burden.
Ron
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ben, eradicate, franklin, navy, pirates, steve, wisnoski

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pirates of Nassau? cals granny Carnival Cruise Lines 7 July 29th, 2009 09:22 PM
new pirates steve wisnoski Crewmembers 0 June 14th, 2005 04:12 PM
new pirates steve wisnoski Carnival Cruise Lines 11 June 7th, 2005 03:25 PM
The Pirates are coming! bjkeen Carnival Cruise Lines 2 January 16th, 2005 06:22 AM
Pirates Cruise cruisingkandJ Chit - Chat for Cruisers 2 August 19th, 2004 01:34 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1