Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday - Slowly working toward the weekend!

Good morning all you good folks out there!

Started out the day with a nutcase passing me in the parking lot at the train staion as I was pulling into a spot. No problem you say???? Well he passed between me and the spot I was pulling into. :evil: Instead of standing near me as he usually does on the platform he decided to walk to the opposite end of the platform. Perhaps it was the steam coming out of my ears. Hopefully the day will not go downhill from there.

Governement shutdown mania is still going full steam. Today is the last day I can make a grant award and have it out the door before March 4th. I did get a deer in the headlights look when I pointed out that even if they get thier awards, there is no way they can draw their money if there is a shutdown.

Marj is not feeling well with a nasty cold I left her in the care of 3 doggies who are cuddling with her.

Everyone have a great day!

Changing of the guard, Nassau, Bahamas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Good Afternoon cruisemates

Ssh almost spring like weather here in Scotland. Don't worry, rain is promised tomorrow.And if the forecast is correct, it will be stoatin' - Scots word for today.

For the 1st time in nearly 4 weeks, I almost leapt out of bed - lower back injury so much better.

Trip - thinking of your friend, Harriet, today. Hope everything goes as well as possble.

Take care

Annie
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates.
Well yesterday was not a good day to put it mildly and I am hoping that today sucks less.

My boy kitty came down with a case of feline urinary syndrome. I took him to the doctor immediately to get him taken care of. I knew what was wrong with him because he was wandering all over the house squatting trying to pee but nothing would come out. I couldn't find the pet taxi so I grabbed an old rag rug and put it in the bottom of a laundry basket, put the cat in there and fastened the hamper lid on top with bungy cords. Yup it was a redneck cat carrier . The funny part is that the kitty really liked it and enjoyed being in his basket. Weird I know. Well the vet looked him over and agreed with my diagnosis lol. She said she wanted to sedate him to unplug him. Then she would catheterize him and keep him all night. I am really not looking forward to getting the bill for all this, but this would have killed him very quickly if it hadn't been cared for.

Funny part about all of this is Samantha is really missing him. She is really confused about where he went to. This has been an upsetting week for her. First her bird dies and then Sebastion, her arch nemesis disappears. Well I am hoping that the interloper can return home again.

Things basically went downhill yesterday from there. Hopefully today will get better. Have a good one folks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, the good news is that there is a great big ball of bright yellow in the sky this morning - could it be the sun??
I'd almost forgotten what it looked like!

I have to be in town early this morning for a "webinar". Very strange thing that, a bunch of people sit in a tiny office all looking at a small computer screen where somebody else hundreds of miles away conducts a seminar.
Today's topic: Time Management. I'd better not be late!
This afternoon it's work as usual and I hope it will be warmer than yesterday to take the kids out sledding. We nearly froze our faces off yesterday!

Beenie, best wishes for your kitty, and also that you have a better day!
Trip, also thinking of your bff Harriet today, I wish her well also.

donna
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and sunny and cold here...bit we are on the downside of old man winter,so things are looking up..

Thankyou Annie,and Donna, for thinking of my Harriet...She has set up something called, Caring Bridge..I had not heard of this, and honestly not sure how I feel about it..It's a contact blog, where you can send your well wishes, and find out how she is doing, once she is able to respond..She is quite strong, I am sure she will rebound quickly, but, she has chemo,and radiation ahead. I may pop over to the waiting room, to see how her girls are doing. I made her an agate crystal necklace..she likes touchstones, and this stone fit the bill....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Morning. Looks like the skies are going to open and all heck will breack loose. Actually, that's pretty much the forecast.

Hope the ones of you with sunshine enjoy!

Beenie, sorry about your kitty. HOpe he is feeling better soon.

Trip, sorry to hear about your friend. Caring Bridge is really wonderful. It lets you keep up with the person and send well wishes.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly NY .Torrential rains are predicted for tomorrow .
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning
More snow on the way for us here in “The Windy City” only 3-4 inches so not so bad I guess.
Trip… best wishes going out to Harriet
BW… hope kitty feel better soon!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Almost sorry I opened this thread this morning, too much sadness and sorrow Sadly, some days are just tough to get through; best wishes to your buddy Trip.

We're headed to a sunny day with temps in the mid to high 60s in the desert. Had a wonderful dinner out and visit with friends last night, and lots of laughs.

Got all my tasks done yesterday, other than packing for our cruise.

Today I'm golfing with some buddies from home, and Mrs. Kuki is going for her pre-cruise hair appt. She is REALLY excited about this cruise... her first in two years.

Tonight it's dinner out with some different friends who are here from Calgary.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........well....we got about 3" of snow overnight........suppose to be low 30's for today & teens for Friday.......guess we'll be heading to the airport early Friday morning.......don't wanna miss the plane.......

Trip.....will keep Harriet in our thoughts & prayers.....

Not much going on today except for packing......guess it won't do itself......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday-Slowly Working toward the Weekend

Good morning. Sunny and cold here with rain coming tomorrow.

Nothing exciting here, except that I look forward to a new book to be released on March 1. I will crank up the Kindle.

Have a good day, and if you'r about to cruise, happy packing.

BW, I hope you kitty will feel fit as a fiddle.

Trip, I wish your friend, Hariett, all the best.

Judy
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
First Mate

Well, it would help if I could post on the correct day!

We definately have a dreich day here. Tonight, it is a winter storm warning as we are to get rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow - upwards to 3" to 9" of new white stuff! Ugh. I would love to see green grass and green leaves on the trees now - soon - please!!!

I had an infusion yesterday along with a day-long headache. But, this morning I have less stiffness and aching in the joints. However, the neck (and it's issues) are still there! Ugh!

DH works this weekend. DD#2 will be home and finished with clinical. She wants to go look at wedding dresses with DMIL to be, DSIL's to be and me! She may have found a dress to buy for the wedding. Needs more opinions, though! So, we shall see what the weekend brings. Then, she returns to classes in Dayton.

Have a good day all!

Old February 24th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thank you all, for thinking good thoughts for Harriet....xoxoxoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Sorry I am so late posting on the "morning" thread. My sleeping patterns haven't even started to resume some sense of normalcy plus I am in the middle of the investigation of a severe case of animal abuse wherein some 16 year olds with rifles started wounding, killing, mutilating pet cats on a farm out in the county. It will be the main topic of this week's column. My biggest question is, where were the parents of these kids who either didn't know or allowed them to take loaded rifles with them in a private vehicle after dark??!!!!

Trip, Harriet has been on my prayer list and I hope everything goes well for her today. Also, as Moraine so aptly pointed out, Caring Bridge is an absolutely wonderful site. You will remember me writing about a friend who is an author who already has his Pulitzer and who along with his wife have had books on the Times Best Seller list and who herself was a world class writer and journalist. She kept everyone up to date on Caring Bridge which is a non-profit organization that provides an outlet for people who are very ill, etc. to try and keep in touch with friends and loved ones. If you visit it, you'll find out exactly what I mean.

So sorry about your little kitty. Hopefully and I think he'll probably be fine as it sounds as if it's a urinary tract infection which has happened a couple of times to our cats as well. There I go again, still using the plural. Actually it's a habit I kinda' don't want to break but probably eventually shall.

Dreary day here today as well but nothing major in the forecast here in upper East Tennessee other than a high in the upper 40's today (the other day it was 68) and showers and thunderstorms through tomorrow morning. Nice day to have to stay indoors because in between the above mentioned animal situation and house cleaning, I'm "homebound" today.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday and that all medical procedures are successful and recovery is swift. Naturally the request for Prayers for those under stress because of illness or situation and Blessings for all continues.

Todd