CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Trip is Finally Going to Europe (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/380727-trip-finally-going-europe.html)

Paul Motter February 24th, 2011 03:01 PM

Trip is Finally Going to Europe

Our own Trip (Moderator Linda) is finally going to Europe. She will be covering the launch of Carnival Magic for us out of Venice.

The ship is departing Venice on April 30 and will go to Dubrovnik, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Livorno (Florence), Monte Carlo and Barcelona - 10 days.

Of course she will be reporting back to all of us on a daily basis in the message boards.

This is Linda's first time to Europe. She was scheduled to go see the Equinox last year but that Icelandic volcano caused the cruise line to cancel the trip.

So - we are very excited for Linda here! And of course we are very lucky to have a cruise web site that the cruise lines consider valuable enough that they will invite us to send reporters to see the ship, so THANK YOU Carnival for that!

Donna February 24th, 2011 03:30 PM

Wow, how wonderful for Trip and Cruisemates! I know she will do a wonderful job reporting back to us along the way. I know she was greatly disappointed when her last one was cancelled, this one sounds like a winner! Way to go Trip, I'm happy for you!

anniegb February 24th, 2011 03:54 PM

Trip

Enjoy - a very nice introduction to Europe. The itinerary includes 1 or 2 of my favourite places - Venice and Dubrovnik.

Annie

Trip February 24th, 2011 04:49 PM

Thank you Paul,and thank you Carrnival..It will be a pleasure to take the Magic to magical places, where so many Cruisemates have enjoyed.

When the volacno erupted, Celebrity,and rightly so, took the press flights,and gave them to those in need. I am able to say, a volcano cancelled my cruise..not many can say that!

Now, with the Carnival Magic, I will be on a wonderful ship, going to fascinating places, and I will take you all along with me, seeing things through a first timers eye...

Annie, I remember watching Matt Lauer, in his where in the world is Matt Lauer segment, boy Dubrovnic looks amazing,and, now I will see it.

Donna, thanks..let the Magic begin...research that is;)

anniegb February 24th, 2011 05:34 PM

Trip

You will be in Europe at the time of the Royal Wedding too.

Annie

Paul Motter February 24th, 2011 06:25 PM

I really hope you can figure out a way to see Venice. Sometimes things get so hectic there you don't get to see the city before the ship leaves.

Kuki February 24th, 2011 06:56 PM

Trip.. CONGRATS! That is a wonderful itinerary, and terrific for a first visit to Europe.

You and I will be almost as far apart as we can get, with me cruising in the Pacific while you're in the Mediterranean, so don't go getting lost without me :)

Pass on my regards to John Heald, and have a magical voyage.

Trip February 24th, 2011 07:19 PM

Thanks Kuki, I wish I had your coat tails to hold on to again:) I know I will have a zillion questions to ask all of you guys....

Aerogirl February 24th, 2011 07:43 PM

Congrats Trip!!! Your a lucky lady. Do you need a lady in waiting? if so I'm available!:D

Trip February 25th, 2011 06:05 PM

:D

YouTube - Magic by: Pilot (with lyrics)

ToddDH February 25th, 2011 06:23 PM

Trip, I am so happy for you! What an exciting adventure!

Todd

Fern February 25th, 2011 06:54 PM

How great! I can't wait to "read all about it :D"! We'll be sailing Carnival Magic in October so I want to know everything!

Moiraine February 25th, 2011 08:11 PM

Yay! Congrats Trip! Have a good time, and I am looking forward to hearing all about your cruise.

dezertcruzer February 25th, 2011 09:53 PM

Trip, Congratulations! And I guess I don't have to tell you to enjoy yourself while you're reporting back to us. Maybe I should remind you to report back to us while you're enjoying yourself! ;)

Trip February 25th, 2011 09:56 PM

Thanks so much everyone.,,I am already researching..I wonder how many bead shops I can find along the way:)

Lakers Fan February 25th, 2011 10:14 PM

Have a nice TRIP ,trip

venice February 25th, 2011 11:26 PM

Trip.....:mrgreen:oooooooooooooooooooo:mrgreen: Venice (my favorite city in the whole wide world)..there is a world famous jazz club..Venice Jazz Club located between S. Margherita Square and S. Barnaba Square (water bus station stop is Ca Rezzonico)..if you get a chance stop by they are holding a jazz festival poster for me since 2002 that you can bring back for me..have a great trip, Triprofl

Queen of Oakville February 27th, 2011 04:04 PM

Congrats Trip! Can I hide out in your suitcase?

kandajones February 27th, 2011 04:24 PM

Heyyyy welcome to our side of the pond (and a bit further)

Hope you have a truly amazing time both on & off the ship.

If you change your mind, we can get to London Heathrow airport and fly out as your stand-in in no time at all, ;) ;)

Alan & Katrina.

Trip February 27th, 2011 05:57 PM

Thanks everyone...Since my husband is unable to journey with me, I invited one of my oldest friends, Elaine. When we got married 43 years ago, they were our upstairs neighbors,and, we have been friends since...

I have named our trip...."The Laverne & Shirley Experience." rofl It also could be called Fric and Frac do the Med.:)

It will be fun...I will be the cruise virgin in Europe..!!!

Moiraine February 27th, 2011 08:02 PM

Hope you have a good camera.:p

balabusta February 27th, 2011 10:58 PM

Trip, mazel tov on your upcoming cruise to europe. May you and your husband have a wonderful time sightseeing, trying the different cuisines, and of course, shopping!

Paul Motter February 28th, 2011 11:17 AM

When you said she was your upstairs neighbor from 43 years ago, back you and your hubby first got married, somehow I envisioned Lucy and Ethyl Mertz more than Laverne and Shirley.

As long as it doesn't end up like Thelma and Louise I think all will be good. :D

Trip February 28th, 2011 11:21 AM

Yes! Lucy and Ethyl Take Dubrovnik!! And I am a redhead and Elaine is Blonde....I like it!

JamesRT February 28th, 2011 12:50 PM

Mam,
Have an enjoyable cruise.
Don't forget the handbags, shoes, and books, oh yes the tea!;)

thecruisequeen February 28th, 2011 05:48 PM

Have a great cruise!!

I'm soooo Jealous you are departing on my birthday and a stop in CROATIA. :p8):D

A quick course.....:p:D8-)

Ka Ko Si? ....... How Are you?
Kako vo lipo ovthe. ...... It's so beautiful here.

Carnival should consider themselves very lucky to have such a wonderful lady on their ship!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

HAVE FUN!!

Trip February 28th, 2011 06:09 PM

Thanks so much..Oh Mary, If I had you along with me....we could have such fun! Can you spell that out phonetically, so I can learn it? Short or long A's?

Luanne Russo February 28th, 2011 07:55 PM

I am so happy for you. I cannot think of a better person to go. You will love Europe.

Trip February 28th, 2011 08:01 PM

Luanne, thanks..I hope I am not a fish out of water;)

Cruznut2 February 28th, 2011 08:24 PM

Trip, Let me add my best wishes to this thread. I am very excited for you. I am sure that you will have a wonderful cruise. Bead shops and shoe shops, I am sure you wil find them all. Have fun and enjoy every moment.

Laura