Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, and after a reprieve of one sunny day, guess what it's doing out today? Yes, that's right, it's snowing again! We are expecting a "weather event" (don't you love these names they make up?) which may bring us either 20 cms of snow OR 20 mm of rain. Either way, it is going to be a messy drive home tonight.... 15 days and counting.......

donna
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Admiral

good morning Donna, we have rain, rain and more rain, flooding could be an issue, need warmth, and sunshine!
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Sorry folks, this side of the pond ...... the sun is shining. Not as warm as yesterday but above 50f.

I am waiting on the arrival of my nephews to take the old sofas out before I can take delivery of my new sofas.

I received an email last night from a TA with a really good deal on Azamara - air,hotel and OBC but my sensible head says keep the cash for Latin America.

Yesterday must have been a mixed feelings day for Trip - great news about her trip to Europe; same day as her gf's operation.

I hope everything went well for Harriet,Trip.

Enjoy

Annie
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning
I was expecting to wake up to a few inches of snow this morning but all I see is a dusting, thank goodness!!! Rd you and Mike have been really getting hit with the snow this winter I feel for you guys!

I am waiting on a replacement part to my kitchen faucet to be delivery from Moen sometime today. First the dishwasher took its last breath and now the faucet line broke. I guess its godís way of telling me not to do dishes and to eat out. I didnít realize how much I turned on the kitchen faucet in a day.
Thatís about the excitement here, maybe Iíll go dishwasher shopping later today. Someone has to spend the tax refund check!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD, Lisa and all who follow.

It's sunny out this morning and in the forties here in upper East Tennessee but some rain is forecast for the weekend and the low over the weekend is forecast at 26 F.

Still have not heard from Cleveland and now I now I think I know why. My cardiologist e-mailed me this morning that has left that group and I'm so glad. Even back when Fran was alive, we went there only because of Jeff because it was the most mis-managed practice I'd seen. The staff would not get back to you with important info, etc. For example, this past Monday they called and said that Cleveland would be contacting me, implying that day. I still haven't received the call.

I wrote back that I go where he goes because truth be told, had he not been there we would have left that group long ago. The office was always in turmoil, one hand didn't know what the other was doing. I recently drove all the way up there for an appointment with the ICD tech because they said that they had canceled. They had "forgotten" that my ICD is remotely monitored! Duhhhhh. Of course no one bothered to tell me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Prayers and Blessings continue for all including those in New Zealand.

Todd
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning everybody from Florida where the weather is and has been gorgeous.

My dear friend in WI keeps posting on FB that it is another GroundHog day. Every morning she wakes up to the snow. RD, I know you feel her pain.

I see on FB that it is Trudy's Birthday, so a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY!!!!

Not much going on around here, but keeping busy.
Phyll
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring! If it keeps up,and doesn't freeze, we will be snow free.

I went over to the hospital, yesterday morning, to see Harriets daughter, to find, she had just left. She lives close to the hospital, as I do, and the Dr. told her he would call, once the operation was over, which went perfectly!! I left my gift, with the nurse, who coincidentally was the one to bring her down, so she would have it,when she got back to her room..Annie, how is your sister doing?

The kids will be over soon, so I'd better get my tush in gear.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllbo View Post
Good morning everybody from Florida
I see on FB that it is Trudy's Birthday, so a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY!!!!

Phyll
Happy Birthday Trudy!! Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are under heavy rain and high wind. With all the snow on the ground, there will be some flooding.
Hopefully we will eventually get a break from so many days of snow and or rain.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Captain

Morning to all. Still raining here but thankful it didn't come in the form of snow! RD sorry you are getting hit yet again. I just can't imagine all that snow!

I haven't been here for awhile. My mom has had some issues. On Monday they put in a difibulator which went well. Shortly after that things went south. Her heart Dr. ordered another xray followed by a CAT scan. Seems they have found a 3 inch tumor on the outside of her windpipe, right lung side. This was not there in Aug. 2010 when she had her last chest xray. On Weds. they tried to do a biopsy with very little success. Did something called a wash biopsy. The lung Dr. also saw one lumph node that was way to big so that is a concern. Go to meet both Drs. March 10th for the findings. Now we just wait for the results.

Trip, glad your gf did ok with her surgery and hope all goes well for her. She's on my prayer list. Congrats on the upcoming cruise....lucky you!

BW, I'll add my Happy Birthday to you also. Enjoy the day. Just remember you are not getting older, just better!

Everyone stay safe with all this crazy weather.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hi Kids,
It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring! If it keeps up,and doesn't freeze, we will be snow free.

I went over to the hospital, yesterday morning, to see Harriets daughter, to find, she had just left. She lives close to the hospital, as I do, and the Dr. told her he would call, once the operation was over, which went perfectly!! I left my gift, with the nurse, who coincidentally was the one to bring her down, so she would have it,when she got back to her room..Annie, how is your sister doing?

The kids will be over soon, so I'd better get my tush in gear.

Make it a good one.

Trip, thanks for asking.

My London based sister, who is undergoing chemo, is doing well - much better than her husband and I quote ' I am finding it very difficult to cope'. Enough said.

My widowed sister, who was in Christchurch NZ, is scheduled to return home this weekend.

BTW - when do you arrive in Venice?

Annie
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Mostly sunny and 70 in the desert today, but I'm going to be inside most of the day.

I have no choice, I have to organize the stuff I'm taking on the cruise, so Mrs. Kuki can pack it. No more delays, because we leave TOMORROW!

Should we have a pool on what I'm going to forget?
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Thanks for the lovely Birthday wishes. As much as I do not cherish the thought of being in my late 40's, I guess it beats the alternative and I should be thankful for all of my blessings. I am sincerely thankful for having such a terrific family and wonderful friends who go out of their way to make today and meaningful and memorable milestone. An old friend of mine posted a beautiful song to me and put a picture of the two of us together in his Facebook profile picture. These sweet and wonderful gestures mean a lot to me. Thanks!
The kitty came home from the kitty hospital late yesterday. I about had a coronary when they billed me $280 for his overnight stay. I thought that was a lot of money until I spoke to others who paid 2 to 4 times that amount when their kitties came down with this same ailment. So instead of complaining, I will be thankful. He is doing OK. He is finally starting to eat and drink again and he seems to have less of a sense of urgency to go to the bathroom all of the time. The first hour and a half we were home he just went out to the garage and sat in his litterbox and only had a trickle to show for all his hard work. He slept all night with us and woke up this morning feeling kind of perky. He played in a grocery bag and now he is resting on my bed, keeping d/h company while he is working from home today.
We got slammed overnight with a great deal of snow and 40 mph winds. I am not a big fan of winter and I am hoping this is winter's last hurrah before the onset of spring.
Well today I don't have much on the horizon planned. I'll probably just hang out here at the house and watch the snow melt. Maybe watch some TV.
Take care all!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Kuki, it won't matter if you forget anything - the airline will just lose your luggage anyway....

And Beenie Weenie, a very Happy Birthday to you today!

donna
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Happy Birthday BW!
xoxoxoxo

Annie, I will be in Venice 5/1..I will wave Wishing your sister the best!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Sue,
So sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for her.

Kuki, Bon Voyage!!!!! I'm not even jealous cuz we are leaving on the 18th on the Emerald Princess. I'm afriad RD might be on to something with your luggage. Sure hope not.

Phyll
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default The best ever

May this be your best birthday ever...until next year!
Marianne
Old February 25th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

It certainly is Friday, and a bright sunny one, too. You'd never know that it will rain a lot tonight and that our San Gabriels will have a fresh coating of snow way down to the foothills by Saturday morning.

Happy birthday, BW!

Trip congratulations on your cruise, Sounds like a great itinerary. I hope your gf is recovering nicely.

This afternoon I will see the radiation doctor for a yearly visit.

Have a good day, and happy traveling, CM cruisers!

Judy
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Rainville,NY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TRUDY AND BEENIE