Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny Sunday

Morning Cruisemates

As we say this side of the pond, the sun is splitting the heavens!

A bit cooler but blue skies are very welcome at this time of the year. I just hope this is not our summer

RD - I hope you are feeling better and Lisa and Moraine - hope you are having a better day caring for your parents.

Going to the airport later to meet my sister back from NZ.

Have a good day everyone.

Annie
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Annie, so glad the sun is shining over there....Not here though, we got a skim coat of snow last night,and flurries still, and tomorrow more of the same. This has been along winter

Today will be a day of beading..I have to send off a package of spring, to the store down the Cape..then make supper, collapse and watch the Oscars

I hope Better Day Fairy, make it a good one for everyone

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 27th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, but nothing "good" about it. Slept in late because I didn't sleep much with the coughing and nose blowing. This "crud" has really come out as a head cold now and I feel rotten. Good thing it's the weekend and I don't have to lose any more time off work.

The weather seems stable today, dull and extremely cold but at least it's not snowing! We had brilliant sunshine most of yesterday but very high winds whipping the snow around, it was not pleasant.

If I find the energy today it will be housework as usual, make a pot of spaghetti sauce for dinner, and settle in to watch the Oscars tonight.
I don't usually bother because I hate the Hollywood plastic people, and never get to see any of the movies, but this year I like the hosts, James Franco and Ann Hathaway. I think they will bring a much needed punch of youth and fun to the ceremonies. Besides, Ann Hathaway looks so much like my daughter, it's like watching my own kid on the screen!

donna
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Morning all. It's cloudy here today. Supposed to have thunderstorms moving through later. Had a better day yesterday. Want to thank everyone for the well wishes. Hope the sick feel better and I hope those cruising have fun. Finished my book last night, so I think it will be housework and visiting with the family today. I'll start my other book tommorow. Happy Sunday.
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Central Texas. We arrived back home last night, and for the first time in almost two weeks, slept in our own beds.

We had a wonderful time, but it was also good to get back home.

Donna, I am so sorry you are sick. This has not been your year for good health. I do hope you are going to get better soon.

I have tons of things to do today, so I guess I had better get started.

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Good late morning to all.

Welcome home Luanne. I was thinking of you while watching the races last weekend and thinking ot your Jim's and my visit to the track in December.

Well it's on and off rain here in upper East Tennessee today (sun was shining, then thunderstorm and now sun again with thunder in the distance) with a high of 70F. Tomorrow heavy rain is forecast with a high of 72F. My heart goes out to those in the upper midwest where floods this Spring may be record breaking in places such as Fargo ND, etc. My gosh, they've had more than their share of terrible floods in the past five years.

Did you get a flu shot this year Rollerdonna? Hope you did because it sounds to me as if you're coming down with it and if you had the shot it shouldn't be nearly as severe but you're still gonna' feel like ..... well, you know. Hopefully you'll be getting back to normal by tomorrow.

Hope all who can, have a pleasant Sunday and prayers continue to go out to you Moraine and your father, Trip and your friend and everyone else who either is or has family/friends suffering travail. Blessings upon all!

Todd

Just another day of housekeeping (taking time out of course when the boys run at Phoenix this afternoon).
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are getting some sunshine today, after getting a bit of snow during the night.

Donna, I do hope that you get better very soon.

Lisa and Moraine you are in my thoughts and prayers. I certainly know what it's like to care for an edaerly parent.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny Sunday

Sunny, indeed, and glad of it! Should be a dry but cold watch for Oscar fans sitting in the bleechers at the Kodak Theater today/tonight.

Donna, feel better soon. And to those of you care giving, I know too well what that's like: a very big job.

Keith plans to go to a memorial luncheon in Los Angeles today, lunch being at the Tam O'Shanter, one of oldest restaurants in the city.

I am on my own with the Los Angeles Times, the Kindle, and probably a tuna salad sandwich for lunch.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Todd, no, no flu shot, but I already had the flu back in October, all through Thanksgiving weekend and a week afterwards. Hopefully, this time it's just a cold, albeit a miserable one...

donna
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny and warm NY . I am getting ready to watch the Oscars this evening . Natalie Portman a favorite to win is the daughter of a couple living in my area .
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Good evening from a nice and breezy, Virginia Beach. We drove home from Gaithersburg, Maryland this morning after attending a Bar Mitzvah in Baltimore on Saturday. The week prior to the Bar Mitvah, we timeshared in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Rob and I had a blast walking through the historic part of Fredericksburg, seeing the historical buildings, and trying some great restaurants. This afternoon I had to go to work and got home a little after 10:00 p.m. Hope all my fellow cruisemates had a wonderful weekend.