Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Default I'm shocked

I found out today that friends of mine whop are avid travelers never research hotels or cruises .They like something and they book it.I told one guy that I check all the on line bedbug and cleanliness sites and he looked at me as though I was nuts .

Who besides me thoroughly researches everything ?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Admiral

I can't say I research cruises because the three Fran and I were on were gifts of her niece (all on Explorer of the Seas).

I however used to do basic research of hotels/motels in which we'd never stayed through Trip Advisor of which I'm a member but that's about it.

The one big mistake we made was staying at a motel during the first night of our first trip to Niagara Falls back in 72 and we stayed on the American side. The room was full of ants. After that night and on subsequent frequent short vacations there we never even slowed down until we hit Clifton Hill on the Canadian side of the falls and always stayed at the same place on Clifton Hill which was immaculate (as were all the motels/hotels in the tourist area).

Todd
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Admiral

I do the research and always take both very good and very bad reviews with a grain of salt.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Since I haven't stayed in any Bates Motels I don't usually check..The last cruise in November,I did try and find out if the hotel was on the bed bug list,as the hysteria was high then...and I did check the mattress, when I walked into the room....that was the first time I ever checked..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 27th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050 View Post
I do the research and always take both very good and very bad reviews with a grain of salt.
I agree with you on this. I have read bad reviews on resorts we were due to stay at only to find it was a great resort when we arrived. The one site thatís good to check is the bed bug registry. People often give bad reviews on silly thing.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Admiral

Default Bates Motel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Since I haven't stayed in any Bates Motels I don't usually check..The last cruise in November,I did try and find out if the hotel was on the bed bug list,as the hysteria was high then...and I did check the mattress, when I walked into the room....that was the first time I ever checked..

Many years ago we spent a night at The Bates Motel in VT.