Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Default Friday at Last!

Morning Mates. the cold snap continues here in Pictou County.
This morning is sunny and bright, but the thermometer is sitting at -14C with a windchill of -25C or -13F!! Another day stuck inside with the kids...

This is only the 2nd week in over 2 months that we worked a full 5 day week without breaks for snowstorms etc. And it's not over yet...

I'm headed in to the "Y" early this morning for another webinar. It will probably be an unbearably boring 2 hours after which I will meet my hubby for lunch, then off to work for the afternoon. Pilates from 6-7 will round out my day then - yay!- the weekend!

Have a good one all!

donna
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others who will follow.

We have a sunny cold day as well.

Donna, I really envy you and your Hubby. You are so close to your trip to Cuba. I sure wish that I could go along.

Well I'll be off to do my workout and do some errands that have to be done.

Have a nice friday everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Indeed it is Friday at last... I can't remember why that is exciting news to me anymore though. It seems like I am busier on the weekends than the weekdays right now. Oh well, I will rejoice for all who have been waiting longingly for the weekend.

Tomorrow should be a good day though. It shouldn't be as hectic as last Saturday. I just have to get the kids to music lessons at noon then I promised them if they passed their lessons, I would treat them to lunch at Red Lobster. The little buggers tricked me and somehow weasled out of practicing yesterday. That's OK, they'll make up for it today. They will also be spending 30 minutes flinging clutter out of their bedrooms, and schoolwork (I meant doing their schoolwork, not flinging it, lol). Boy I sure am a big ole meanie.

Ugh I have got to spend some time this weekend getting ready to meet with my accountant for my corp. taxes. Those have to be filed by March 15th. I am so depressed about that. But it has to be done.

Well duty calls. Hope you all have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A warmer but rainy day here today. A happy birthday to my son who turned 15 today, hard to believe he's that old. Where have the years gone! Not much is going today until later. Were taking D/S and a friend out for dinner and then come home for some cake & presents.
Not much else.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cold but very sunny NY
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Morning mates.

BW, my weekends are often very busy. I hope you have some time to relax this weekend.

Aerogirl, happy birthday to your son. The grow up quickly. Hope you guys enjoy your meal this evening.

Donna, I hope spring hits soon.

Manuel, have a nice Friday, too.

I managed to do the laundry yesterday but I did not mop the kitchen. Oh well, it's still there. We had a warm, partly sunny day yesterday, so I got dad in his wheelchair and took him for a walk around the neighborhood, which we both enjoyed. It's supposed to storm today, so there won't be a repeat.

Dad gave me a serious scare this morning. He has neuropathy so bad that he is in a wheelchair. With the dementia, he does not really want much to eat or drink, which makes him weak. (I do give him glucerna.) Anyway, he sleeps late 99% of the time. So, this morning I decided to take myself a nice long hot shower in the back bathroom to get my day started rather than waiting for him to get up before I did anything. I heard him when I walked out of the bedroom and thought he was awake, even though it was three and a half hours before he usually gets up. I walked in his bedroom to see if he wanted to get up...and he was not there. I just about had a heart attack. I closed the door and walked to the livingroom where he sat, wanting to know where I'd been! He had somehow managed to get himself out of bed, in his wheelchair, in his jacket, to the livingroom, and in his lazyboy. He had locked his wheelchair thinking he was unlocking it, so he got himself to the livingroom with his wheels locked, too. I am still amazed.
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Friday at Last

Good morning from sunny CA. Nothing much planned for the day, except gym for Keith and ironing for me. Looking forward to a warm weekend.

Judy
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Moiraine;1357029]

Aerogirl, happy birthday to your son. The grow up quickly. Hope you guys enjoy your meal this evening.

Thanks very much. I'll be sure to show him your post!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, from in the mid fifties, Virginia Beach. This morning I did my normal Friday routine and cleaned the house. Then, Rob took me out to lunch for our thirty-ninth anniversary at P.F. Changs. (actually we had gotten a gift certificate from one of our kids and will go out to dinner, at another restaurant, tomorrow night). I have to work tonight. I'm so glad to have a job; this economy is still not "up to snuff". The only great thing is that winter clothing is on sale! Hope all of my fellow cruisemates have a great weekend.
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Aloha cruisemates! From my balcony onboard the Sapphire Princess, docked at the Aloha Towers in Honolulu.

Seems I have been able to access an unsecured high speed connection, most likely from a restaurant next door.

Skies are cloudy with the odd sprinkle, but temps in the high 70s. Many people are out on tours. We've been here mulitple times, so as the day progresses we're going to go wandering along Waikiki Beach, and if the weather allows plan on meeting some cruisemates at the House Without a Key for sunset dinner.

Hope you've been reading along on our Virtual Cruise over on the Princess Message Board.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/