Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Sleepyheads!

Morning Mates, I thought I slept in late, but it appears I'm not the only one!

It is a dull morning here, but the temp has gone up from -25 to just -5C, or 23F, so it's bearable. This time next week we will be flying out to Cuba, so I guess you could say I'm a single digit midget!

I love having a whole Saturday with nothing to do. The only thing planned is our regular evening out for Trivia at the pub.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

donna
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

G'Morning "Mates" and Donna. Donna, you'd better study up for that trivia contest. The lovely Mrs. Jones "Vita" and I have nothing on the schedule today as well. We do have a couple of cute little pups here at "The Inn", so we'll be taking good care of them, but that's sometimes more fun, than work.
Weather here in beautiful downtown "Lakeland" is high 70's this afternoon, and mid 50's tonight. Perfect weather, but don't tell anyone, as there are lots and lots of "SnowBirds" here now, so we already have trouble getting into a restaurant to eat. That's O.K. though, as they bring their money, and it makes my taxes lower.
Hope all of you have a wonderful day, and week end.

"SKY"
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well today is my fun day. Looking forward to heading to town for the kid's music lessons and a nice lunch with some of my favorite people.

I really didn't have too much excitement on my radar screen coming up in the near future until I got an email about 8:30 last night, asking if d/h would be interested in teaching a class in Toronto the week after next. So if we can agree on a price and all that stuff (hopefully that will work out) looks like we may be loading the kids in the car and heading north. We'll probably drop the kids off at the inlaws and d/h and I will head to Toronto and I'll stay a couple of days with him, then I'll come back to the inlaws house until d/h is done teaching the class Friday. I could use a little road trip right now, so I am hoping this thing works out.

Not much else going on here. It's gray and rainy, we're only expecting a high of 41. I spoke to a friend of mine who owns a nearby landscaping/nursery business and he said he should have all the stuff I want for planting in stock by the 3rd week of April. That makes me happy. It seems spring may be just around the corner.

Well I have one little stinker still soaking in the tub, the other little stinker has been washed already and we'll be leaving the house in a couple of hours. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Glad the weather is better Donna. I want to hear all about Cuba when you get back.

It's another rainy day here. Spring is here and it's too wet do do anything in the garden. I've got housework, housework, and more housework on the agenda for today. The grocery shopping will be either today or tommorow.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old March 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny NY .

Donna ,there are several american expatriates living in cuba wanted for capital crimes in the US . I wonder if they mingle with the tourists ?
Old March 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Good morning from warm and sunny NY .

Donna ,there are several american expatriates living in cuba wanted for capital crimes in the US . I wonder if they mingle with the tourists ?
There are even more here in the States wanted for capital crimes, I know they mingle with the tourists lol

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Smile

Good morning mates

We are having more seasonal weather, so it's not so cold anymore. But It will be a lot warmer in Cuba.

Enjoy your your weekend folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Sleepyheads

Hi, everybody. Well, I didn't sleep late, but did lollygag, part of the pleasure of having time to myself, I guess. Keith has long departed for Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. They're doing some sort of engine testing again today.

Donna, how much time will you spend in Cuba? Would like to know the rest of your itinerary, too, please.

I must do some minor housework and then I probably will go to Macy's in Pasadena rather than Orange County. Gas is $4 plus a gallon here!

Judy

Old March 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is a beatiful, mid-sixties, day. O'l man weather seems to rotate from a warm day to a cold day. Rob and I definately were "sleepy heads" this morning, not getting out of bed until 10:00 a.m.. To be fair, I worked until 11:25 p.m. last night and came home dog-tired. I just got back from the drug store. This morning, Rob and I booked some excursions for our upcoming cruise in May. This evening we are using a gift certificate to to out to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Make it a great Saturday, fellow cruisemates!
Old March 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Judy, we're only going for a week, but with flying time it won't even be a full week.
No itinerary, just staying at an all-inclusive in Varadero.
Hope to be able to do some excursions, maybe to Havana.
Don't worry, I will post pictures when I get back!

donna