Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Lazy Sunday

Morning Mates, again I am the sleepyhead, but still the first one to post!
I can't believe the temperature this morning, it is up to +6 already, or 42F!
Things are melting fast! Of course I am convinced all is not over yet, people keep telling me to watch for the big March storms....better not ground our flight next Saturday! :???:

This afternoon we are going to visit our house-bound friend with the broken leg. Poor guy is suffering cabin fever, so we got him a jigsaw puzzle to keep him busy, and we're invited over for dinner to give it to him. He's Irish, and the puzzle is of Ireland, so I hope he likes it!

Otherwise, it's a housework day, and maybe a little packing, since I have to be ready to leave straight from work on Friday night, so I won't get much chance next week.

Have a good, restful Sunday all!

donna
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We are having mild temps and plenty of rain to wash away tha last of the snow.

We will keep good thoughts and send out good vibes to keep out the bad weather from your area.
We do want you to go to Cuba enjoy it and tell us all about when you come back.

Have a nice day mates

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Warm, with rain a comin.....better than snow,and April is a comin, so.........

Today we celebrate 2 Birthdays....Bruce's, and my Granddaughter, who turns 22 today..Caitlyn made me a very young Grandma A spagetti dinner is usually requested, but today, a humogous roast beef will take center stage. Mashed potatoes, my cole slaw, & sauted brocolli, summer squash and zuccini, to round off the plate.

That's my day, hope yours is a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Happy birthday to your loved ones ,Trip

Good morning from rainy NY .We are babysitting this afternoon
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Morning mates.

I've been up since 6:30am. Almost started the thread but didn't.

It's cool and cloudy here.

Donna, glad you have the warm up. I hope it lasts.

Ummmm, sounds good Trip. Hope the birthday people have a good day.

I don't know yet what I am going to do, but I have a feeling a trip to the store is in order.

Have a good one all.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Trip, I wish your loved ones a very happy birthday.

And that dinner sounds abslolutely delicious.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

No lazy day for me, the little one came over yesterday and stayed for the night and probably most of today.

All these toys and he loves to play in a large cardboard box, his "Old West". I do not know where that came from,I know his parents do not watch westerns.

Rain is finally going away but it is very cool today.

Hope the weather holds for you RD and NO SNOW.

Brenda
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Trip,

Tell Bruce and you granddaughter a Very Happy Birthday from the village idiot in East Tennessee!

Here is irrefutable proof that I belong in "The Home."

Night before last I was writing (just "stuff") that I file away to serve as proof for Medicare and my insurance to pay the freight when they finally come to haul me off to the instituion. Thinking it was about eleven and looking and finding it was three in the morning, I went to bed.

My Niece Adelaide awoke me with her morning phone call around 8:30 and I got up. I realized I had to get things together for a friend who is a CPA who does our taxes. I dreaded it. But I start. Looking for medical stuff, I'm going through four inch thick folders that Fran had kept of records. I can't make heads or tails of it. By 11pm the kitchen truly looked like a house in Oklahoma after a tornado had passed through. By now, I'm doing something I hadn't done in years. I'm chain smoking so much that I'm lighting one with sometimes a just lit one in the ash tray. Now I have been at this for 11 hours. I've been smoking since Fran died, not much, only about half a pack a day and I shall stop in the near future. But yesterday I was "eating" the things.

I finally (duhhh....) decided to get out last year's folder to see what I really needed that was important. I do and I'm stunned. I only needed about nine documents all of which I had set aside first thing when I started!

I then realized I hadn't got the mail. I go down in the pouring rain and get the mail and the paper which seemed kind of heavy. When I get inside I noticed it was Saturday's paper and thought, that's strange, it usuallycomes around 4:30am because it normally doesn't go to press until around midnight and Friday's paper wasn't in the box. It still doesn't click. I just decide there's a problem at the paper or they got done early.

I decided I needed a drink, probably eight or nine doubles. Thankfully God Is Good so if only only for a split second common sense took over and I realized that was the LAST thing I needed. I then went to bed around 1am.

I get up this morning and realize there are some bills I want to mail. So, again in the pouring rain with a jacket over my pajamas, I trudge down to the mailbox wanting to get them in the box before the mail lady comes. My neighbor, who is pulling out of his driveway slowly drives by giving me a very strange look.

I come back up the hill and check what time my Nationwide series race comes on in Las Vegas. I check the Nascar site and suddenly there is a picture of the winner of the race, Mark Martin. I wondered why they ran it on Friday afternoon.

All of a sudden I start thinking...."Oh please no!" I move my cursor down to the lower right hand corner and.......................after a full day and a half realize I've been behind an entire day. I mean everybody loses track of time but this is Guiness Book of World Records stuff.

Then comes a knock at the door. I open and there are two EMS guys one holding a canvas like garment with ropes hanging from it and sporting "We're ready!" looks on their faces and there's an ambulance in the driveway. I then realize the garment is what is medically known as a camisole (you'd probably recognize the term strait jacket), something I had much experieince in using at one point in my life.

I assure them I'm fine, everything's okay. With relief on their faces they leave. I guess it was my neighbor who made the call. They've always been really concerned for me since Fran died.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday (it is Sunday isn't it?). Prayers and Blessings, as always, continue.

Trip, can I come for dinner? Nevermind, at this stage I know you'd be too frightened to invite me.

Todd
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Todd, head for the airport..I'll just bling out the straight jacket!!!..xoxoxo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Lazy Sunday

Good morning. I thought it would be raining, but the sun is shining.

Another lazy Sunday, indeed. Have a good day, everybody!

Judy
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

You know you're really getting old when your "Saturday Date Night" consists of: Dinner at 4:30 p.m., home at 7 and you are asleep at 8. We had 6:30 p.m. dinner reservations at a very nice steakhouse and knew we would overeat so we ate a very light breakfast and no lunch. By 3:00 p.m. we were starving but knew that if we ate we'd blow our chance to "pig out" so I called and moved the reservation to their opening time of 4:30.

When we got there we were ravenous. We ordered the scallop and bacon appetizer, wedge salad, hash brows, mushrooms and then for the main courses, a 16 oz. lobster tail, bone-in New York and a ribeye. Sadly, Betty's New York was terribly over seasoned and it had to go back. They were very generous because of the mistake. They fired another steak and took the charge off the bill. Heck, they figured these two have already bought enough for the next three tables, why not.

BTW: We did order dessert but we did have doggie bags. This doggie is having steak for lunch.

Todd: If my neighbors saw some of the stuff I've done after "flopping out" they'd have called me in a long time ago. Losing a day ain't nothing and I think you have a valid reason for doing so.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and that this upcoming week is the best you've ever had!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Just sending Todd some hugs and good vibes.
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from another day in the sixties, in Virginia Beach. Nothing but drizzles have been here all morning, so far. After talking to both sets of kids, Rob and I went to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping, had lunch, and now Rob is watching a movie while I am on the computer. Trip, wish your husband and granddaughter a happy birthday. (My oldest grandchhild is only six; my daughter waited a long time to have children and it too several chemicals to make that a reality). Kids today seem to wait longer to start their families as they want to get their careers going and to buy houses. It's off to work for me in two hours. Have a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old March 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Todd, don't worry a bit about it. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) was one day off all week last week, even though I kept telling her what day it was. She finally figured out that she was, indeed, one day off, and I think she's O.K. now. I think that's just one of the side effects of being "semi retired". You no longer have to work "Monday through Friday" so it makes no difference what day it is. By the way, you're welcome here anytime too. You'll fit right in. We don't have a clue what day it is.

"SKY"
Old March 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Happy Easter!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Thanks Trip, Mike, Moraine, Ken and BW. BW, you caught me by surprise and then I damn near fell off the chair laughing.

Love to all you gals and guys,

TDH
Old March 7th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Thanks Trip, Mike, Moraine, Ken and BW. BW, you caught me by surprise and then I damn near fell off the chair laughing.

Love to all you gals and guys,

TDH
As long as we can keep laughing, it will all be OK. Love ya buddy.

Read and post cruise reviews