CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Tsunami warning and Let's Get Lei'd cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381093-tsunami-warning-lets-get-leid-cruisers.html)

beenie weenie March 11th, 2011 08:48 AM

Tsunami warning and Let's Get Lei'd cruisers

I am praying for all the people of Japan after this massive disaster. I was wondering if anyone has heard what the plan is for all of our CruiseMates (Let's get Lei'd cruisers)who should be arriving in California on the 12th (I think that's right) in the wake of the Tsunami warnings. I think as long as they are out to sea, all should be well, and I am sure the Captain has things under control. I am just curious if anyone has heard from Kuki and the gang. Prayers coming their way!

Trip March 11th, 2011 08:58 AM

The magnitude of the earthquake and tsunami is just unreal..they just said 1000 times worse then New Zealand, which is just hard to fathom:(

I just read Kuki's last post, said they were heading to Ensenada, but think they get off tomorrow? Thinking of everyone, and hope the west coast travel is unscathed,and our CM'ers have safe travels.

Luanne Russo March 11th, 2011 09:03 AM

Praying they will be okay

beenie weenie March 11th, 2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1358620)
The magnitude of the earthquake and tsunami is just unreal..they just said 1000 times worse then New Zealand, which is just hard to fathom:(

I just read Kuki's last post, said they were heading to Ensenada, but think they get off tomorrow? Thinking of everyone, and hope the west coast travel is unscathed,and our CM'ers have safe travels.

I think they are scheduled for Ensenada tomorrow, then back to L.A. on the 12th.

Mike M March 11th, 2011 10:35 AM

They're on one of the safest place you can be during a tsunami. Out to sea and on a ship. It's basically a small wave in the ocean but when all of that displaced water hits the shallows is when it becomes dangerous.

I am far more worried about the people in Japan, Hawaii and the west coast than the folks on Sapphire. They'll have a nice night's sleep and they're biggest concern is breakfast in the Horizon Court or the dining room.

Take care,
Mike

Kuki March 11th, 2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1358656)
They're on one of the safest place you can be during a tsunami. Out to sea and on a ship. It's basically a small wave in the ocean but when all of that displaced water hits the shallows is when it becomes dangerous.

I am far more worried about the people in Japan, Hawaii and the west coast than the folks on Sapphire. They'll have a nice night's sleep and they're biggest concern is breakfast in the Horizon Court or the dining room.

Take care,
Mike

Thanks alot Mike ;)

Indeed we are doing ok. As everything happened late last night, we're not getting all the news yet. I'm sure many people are still asleep and know nothing about anything that happened yet.

And our thoughts to are for the people and the countries way across the Pacific.

Aerogirl March 11th, 2011 11:37 AM

Good to hear from you Kuki!

Luanne Russo March 11th, 2011 12:10 PM

Kuki, Good to see that you are okay. Might need to let Sharon know what is going on. Her family lives in Tacoma and might be effected later today.

Queen of Oakville March 11th, 2011 12:50 PM

Thanks for checking in Kuki and letting us know that all is okay.

Lakers Fan March 11th, 2011 05:05 PM

Praying that Kuki and all the other passengers will safely reach their destination .