Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Stuff

Good Morning!!!! Back in the office after working Monday at home. Oh, goodie! It has been deathly quiet so I am certain that some panic will arise shortly. :evil:

Went to the Philadelphia International Flower Show with Marj and Natalie. Natalie is learning words so Grampie needs to be careful . One of our two little white dogs, Abbie was getting petted by Natalie and I pointed to her and said Abbie. Natalie picked that up right away. When I pointed at the other white dog and said Olivia she waggled her finger at me and said Abbie! So I guess we have two Abbies for the time being. Natalie also got very vocal watching a video when Tinkerbell got put in a cage. She definitely didn't like that!

Everyone have a great week!

Marj and Natalie at the Flower Show

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Default If its Tuesday it must be Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR. View Post
Good Morning!!!! Back in the office after working Monday at home. Oh, goodie! It has been deathly quiet so I am certain that some panic will arise shortly. :evil:

Went to the Philadelphia International Flower Show with Marj and Natalie. Natalie is learning words so Grampie needs to be careful . One of our two little white dogs, Abbie was getting petted by Natalie and I pointed to her and said Abbie. Natalie picked that up right away. When I pointed at the other white dog and said Olivia she waggled her finger at me and said Abbie! So I guess we have two Abbies for the time being. Natalie also got very vocal watching a video when Tinkerbell got put in a cage. She definitely didn't like that!

Everyone have a great week!

Marj and Natalie at the Flower Show
Very cute kid

Good morning from chilly but very sunny NY .I hope everyone has a terrific tuesday .
Old March 15th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Afternoon Doug, Henry and those to follow.

Doug - how old is Natalie - a handful? that's my girl! Pretty girl!

Snowing here - but not lying on the ground.

Spring clean continues; making a big pot of chilli and a huge batch
of scones - well I am not going out in the snow!

Have a good day everyone!

Annie
Old March 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a spring like Texas. Our highs this week should be in the 80's.

Doug, She sure is a pretty girl.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniegb View Post
Good Afternoon Doug, Henry and those to follow.

Doug - how old is Natalie - a handful? that's my girl! Pretty girl!

Snowing here - but not lying on the ground.

Spring clean continues; making a big pot of chilli and a huge batch
of scones - well I am not going out in the snow!

Have a good day everyone!

Annie
Natalie is 16 months and can be a handful, but she is a very happy child (except when Tinkerbell gets caged ). I keep calling her the most beautiful grandaughter ever!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Admiral

A good Tuesday morning to Doug, Henry, Annie and Lynn and to all who follow.

Doug: Natalie is absolutely preciousl, that's for sure, as is Marj. It's obvious she gets her looks from her grandmother.

Annie, Fran LOVED scones and she bought an expensive dry mix to make them that is, sadly, still in the pantry. I can't bring myself to make them.

Luanne, it sounds as if you went straight from Winter to Summer!

As for the Japan thing, I listened to an interview with an expert who has studied nuclear development since the launch of the Nautilus.

He said that Three Mile Island was a five on a scale of 4 to 7. He was adamant that the trouble in Japan could well progress to a 5 (reading this morning's news, it probably has) but could never be a 7. Chernobyl was of course a 7. But he said that a Russian study done either ten or twenty years after of those who were exposed (excepting those who died and knew they were going to die because of their work at covering the containment area with concrete, etc.) long term health results were actually minimal amounting mostly to thyroid cancer and of that, I think he said only two people died. Of course, the area around Chernobyl is still highly radioactive but not to the point that you can't enter the general area without protection (special suit, etc.). Also, Chernobyl had NO reactor containment vessel such as those around reactors today in most parts of the world. The building was the only containment area and it exploded and burned.

He pointed out that there was a meltdown at Three Mile Island (I never realized there was an actual meltdown) but that the melted rods only melted 5/8ths of an inch into a 5 inch thick container and then cooled.

I understood late last night that the spent rods stored in pools within a building may have been exposed if that building had blown up and the water drained. He emphasized while of course dangerous, they were "spent" rods and therefore would not give off the extremely high doses of radiation that would the new rods. He pointed out that once the rods actually melt down they just cool off because there is no longer any reaction and therefore he implied the danger to large areas from them is extremely small (I can't for sure remember, but I think he said it wouldn't even happen. He never minimized what had happened, only that even worst case scenario would never be like Chernobyl. This was but one opinion, but I noticed that none of the nuclear scientists on the panel refuted it.

He said the media is unnecessarily going overboard with possibilities that according to him, just cannot happen. I noticed more and more scientists are also starting to lean the same way.

Time will tell if he's right or not.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday and Prayers and Blessings continue along with of course Prayers for those effected by the Japanese tragedy.

Todd
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Another mild day in store for us with even warmer temp over the next few days. I might even be tempted to get out there and do a little spring clean up. I have a dentist cleaning at noon then off the store since I never did make it there yesterday because my new dishwasher was being installed.
I need to get my corned beef for Thursday!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Doug, Natalie is beautiful.
Old March 15th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! An unbelievably beautiful day in the desert, with highs heading to the high 80s.

I just returned from a pleasure trip; took Mrs. Kuki to the airport She's headed back across the border and going back to work. I'll stay here 3 more weeks, then go home, and then return here Apr 18, to head to my Crystal cruise from here.

Yesterday was a sad day, I blew the engine in my Arizona jalopy that I enjoy so much. Thought I might have to donate it to the scrap heat, but they've found a rebuilt engine for it.. so I'm going to spend the $$ and get it back on the road.

Otherwise I'd have to buy a new jalopy next winter, so....

Now that I have a few weeks of alone time here I get control of the remote, and lots of time to golf
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/