Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Wintry Wednesday

Good Morning CMs

Yesterday was snow; today - fog!

I have a few errands to run and then off to Glasgow for the day.

Enjoy

Annie
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

We could hit 60 today, YES! May-be spring has arrived?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning Annie, Donna and all those who follow (including those who may post before I do).

A beautiful day is forecast for today with highs I believe in the low sixties. I noticed that late on this week it's supposed to hit 77 before dropping. It's getting to mowing time here in upper East Tennessee.

Only thing on my agenda today is Church and housework, well as much housework as I can do. I'll be so glad when I have the ablation and can get back to a more normal life where I don't feel fifteen years older than I am and that's old to begin with!.

This time I'm doing what Mike did on his last one and telling the folks in Cleveland they're going to have to put me out if the work is going to be as extensive as last time. Jeff, my cardiologist here, says there is no reason I have to go through such pain but as someone informed me, if they use a local to the extent to really modify the pain to negligibility, they can't properly "map" what they're going to do, something reinforced by Jeff. It was just that once they got in there, the work turned out to be much more extensive than they thought it would be. I'm not taking any chances this time. I probably left finger imprints in the steel on the table the last time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day and please keep praying for those in Japan that is so overwhelmed with tragedy. One thing I've noticed about the Japanese is that there is evidently no looting whatsoever and people patiently and politely wait in line for hours for just the basic of basic necessities. Their demeanor in the middle of such tragedy is ingrained by their culture but nevertheless is to be greatly admired. The natural tragedies that have occurred in this country are but a blip on the radar compared to what they're going through yet look how we so often behave in similar instances.

Prayers and a request for Blessings continue for those on the list plus those in Japan.

Todd
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Admiral

good morning, its a dark, dreary, rainy day today, can't seem to get myself motivated
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's going to be another melting day here in the land of "10,000 People Waiting to Be Flooded Out."

Today's agenda is some cooking and taking a look at a property. We've been slum lord mode and taking advantage of the economic downturn and buying up some additional property. With my luck property values will probably plummet after these purchases.

Next week we'll be heading south to look at another property in a warmer climate. This winter may have actually been bad enough to make me look for a winter getaway. This place would be a winter place for the next few years and then a permanent residence when Betty retires and the kids are at the age when Grandma and Grandpa aren't as "cool" as we are now. I'm looking for something that is "low maintenance" without being in a "complex".

Todd: I didn't find the ablations or the pacemaker implantations that painful. The biggest problem is boredom in laying on that dang table for four to six hours. That's why I told them to go ahead and zonk me out on the last pacemaker implantation. It makes the time just fly by. I know the team was disappointed to not hear my"witty remarks" during the procedure but they didn't have to tell me to shut up this time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful meteorological Spring day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its storming and flooding .
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Captain

Good morning from a cooler and cloudy Ohio. So glad yesterday is over. My Mom had her needle biopsy done and she did great. They were able to get 5 good samples to send off for testing. Now we just wait for the results. Will be going to the Dr. in 1 week to see if it is cancer or not. I was amazed at how well Mom did. You would never know she had a needle stuck through her chest into her lung. Don't know if I would have done as good as she did.
Today I have my little grandaughter staying with me. She has been under the weather but seems to be ok right now. She is busy sitting at her desk drawing, who know maybe I have an artist in the making. Right now I could not tell you what it is she is drawing but she likes it.
Everyone have a great day. Prayers continue for those poor folks in Japan. I just can't imagine the suffering they are going through.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A bright and sunny day here with temps in the high 50's.

My mom's having her knee surgery so I will shoot out by her later and spend the night with her to help out with whatís ever needed. I know sheís scared but is looking forward to not having knee pain. My mom is more active than most people half her age.

Looking forward to corned beef & cabbage tomorrow, I bought all the fixings yesterday for this yummy dinner!
Thatís about it in a day in life of Robin, at least for today!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Bright sunshine flooding my patio perch this morning. High for today is going to be in the 90s.

Today I'm going out to play my first game of golf since before the Get Lei'd cruise. Have more friends coming in next week to golf too, so have to get back in "form" (of what I don't know)
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good late morning all. Slow start to my morning .It's chilly right now but we are supposed to have a nice warm afternoon. I am watching the puppies in the back yard from the livingroom window. And yes, the LR window overlooks the back yard. The rascals are growing like weeds. They have their mother's dog house that they sleep in.

Just had a nurse call about coming to see my dad through a program that I am signing him up for. Since not all of the paperwork is done yet, I am really impressed. She's given me three hours notice, so I better go shower and drag dad out of bed. He is a late sleeper. (I get up early but don't get around. Not a mornig person.)

Hope you all have a good day.
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Wintery Wednesday

Good morning! It's sunny here in CA as well, but rain is predicted by the weekend.

Keith and I had a nice luncheon visit with Frank (Farrimco) and his wife yesterday. They're probably on a plane by now headed back to AK.

Well, it's gym day once again and ironing day once again.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
First Mate

A dreary morning start that is soon changing to a sunny day here. Around 50 degrees F for a high. Hoping to take Holly out for a walk (rather a drag) later today. Need to work on teaching her to heel.

Surgery is set for mid-late April. So not looking forward to it. My current mood is not good. Tried to run out and do a bit of shopping yesterday, but attitude was bad and that just made shopping a chore! Ugh.

Hope all have a good day!

Old March 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Hi

The fog has gone and we now have clear blue skies and 50F - what a transformation !

Todd -the people of Japan are so stoic and hard working.

Did you know that there is no such phrase in the Japanese language equivalent to good luck! They just say work harder.

It reminds me of the SA golfer Gary Player ; an American journalist commented that he was a 'luck' golfer - his response - funny the harder I work, the luckier I get.

Annie
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Yesterday it felt like spring here. Today is overcast and cool. I hope winters not coming back.

Busy day, gotta run.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991