CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thursday morning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381250-thursday-morning.html)

anniegb March 17th, 2011 07:46 AM

Thursday morning

Good Morning CMs

After a rainy start, the sun is out - again!

The people of Japan are still suffering and can't get them out of my mind. I now cap how much news bulletins I watch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Annie

Aerogirl March 17th, 2011 07:57 AM

Happy ST Patricks Day!

DougR. March 17th, 2011 08:09 AM

Top of the mornin' tis a great day to be Irish!!!!

We are in for some spring like weather leading into Springs arrival this weekend. :D

Someone asked if Marj and I were still going to Hawaii with all of the radiation in Japan?????????? :rolleyes: Honolulu is nearly 4,000 miles from the nuke plant. What scares me is that this person teaches our children. :shock: Radiation, if any, is likely to be dissapated to harmless levels by the time it travels that far.

Everyone have a great Irish day!!!!

Erin go braugh!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-...944605/jpeg/BG

Friends Gathering in Barbados

Moiraine March 17th, 2011 09:21 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

ToddDH March 17th, 2011 10:22 AM

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Well, the sun never came out yesterday but it's a brilliant Thursday morning in upper East Tennessee. The forecast is for 78 tomorrow!

The situation as everyone knows, continues to deteriorate in Japan. Sadly, some of the experts were wrong but we can only hope they'll complete that electric line which will hopefully greatly ameliorate the continuing danger. What those poor people by the millions are going through is staggering: no heat, no food, little or no water, no shelter, etc., etc. All we can do now is pray.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and Prayer and prayer for Blessings continue.

Todd

Mike M March 17th, 2011 10:30 AM

Good morning everyone:

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. Because of a doctor appointment for today I decided to make my "St. Patrick's Day Dinner" yesterday. The valuable lesson was: Always shut the laundry room door when braising cabbage. I went to put my jacket on this morning and noticed an "interesting" smell that reminded me of that strange smell you sometimes notice in apartment building hallways. :D

All of the coats hanging on the coat rack have been sprayed and hopefully they won't need to be cleaned.

Today will be the airing out of the house.

Our trip down south is delayed for a couple of weeks. The property I'm looking at has a problem with the title and there is no reason to go until that is cleared up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patrick's Day and a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

Trip March 17th, 2011 10:35 AM

Hi Kids,
Bright sunshine and almost 70 today,and I am stuck in the house sick:( Cold, achy, and, a cough, exactly what Aiden has, so I will blame him:) I was supposed to go to work today, we had a rep coming down, for us to buy for the fall....I hope she can come again.

So I am in bed, with all the meds ,& no appetite, that's my day...

Make it a good one.

travelgalSue March 17th, 2011 10:35 AM

The SUN is shinning and burning off all the thick fog we had early this AM. It is to be a great spring day here. I am so ready for it.
Our little grandaughter has been sick for about 5 days and last night she finally started feeling better. This bug that is going around has hit so many young and old with many having to be hospitalized for a day or so to kick it. We were lucky and she just had to wait it out even if she didn't like taking the fluids and meds the Dr. gave her. Thankfully her Mom was finally able to get a good nights sleep last night.
Prayers continue for those poor folks in Japan. It breaks my heart to see the photos of what they are having to go through. It will be months or even years before they can get back to any type of normal.

Todd- glad to hear you too are getting a good weather break. Your part of the country is so beautiful I can only wish I were down there. We used to get there 2 or 3 times a year but haven't been for about 3 yrs now. Maybe when D/H finally gets retired we will get back and maybe get to stop and say HI to you.

Everyone have a great day! Happy St. Pat's Day to all.

balabusta March 17th, 2011 11:51 AM

Good morning from Virginia Beach where it is already in the sixties. I went to the gym and now will catch up on chores. Happy St. Patrick's Day. I remember that the Yiddish Sons of Erin would always march along 5th Avenue. What a wonderful memory!

Lakers Fan March 17th, 2011 12:31 PM

Happy St.Patrick's day from NY .I haven't been to a parade in about 10 years .

Manuel March 17th, 2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR. (Post 1360049)
Someone asked if Marj and I were still going to Hawaii with all of the radiation in Japan?????????? :rolleyes: Honolulu is nearly 4,000 miles from the nuke plant. What scares me is that this person teaches our children. :shock: Radiation, if any, is likely to be dissapated to harmless levels by the time it travels that far.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-...944605/jpeg/BG

Friends Gathering in Barbados

Sounds like some of the teachers that my kids had. I cannot stand for a teacher to teach incorrect history or geography.:confused: :mad:

Those are subjects that I read about all the time.

On another note, I do love the friendly crowd in the picture. :D

TM

Queen of Oakville March 17th, 2011 01:14 PM

I'ts a BEAUTIFUL day in my neck of the woods. I actuallly left the winter coat at home today and wore a SPRING jacket! I think it is 12C today. I saw someone in shorts today and thought that was pushing it.

It's kinda nice to go south on holidays knowing that everyone at home is cold and miserable; but oh well, at least I know we wont' have ice delays and risk our flight leaving late and missing our cruise!

Aerogirl March 17th, 2011 01:28 PM

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
~Irish Blessing

CruisinK n J March 17th, 2011 01:29 PM

Thursday Morning

Good morning, albeit an overcast one. That will wear off soon, I'm sure.

Annie, I try to limit what I watch on the news as well. But such devastating news is difficult to avoid.

Doug, cute picture!:D

Not much happening here. That's a good thing, I guess. Have a good day,everybody!

Judy