Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Default Red Nose Friday

Morning CMs

I can't believe that I forgot it was St Patrick's day yesterday! - my Irish grandparents will be spinning in their graves

Today is Red Nose day in the UK - a comedy based charity telethon which is tremendous fun and yes like a large part of the UK I will be wearing a Red Nose.

It is good that amidst momentous world events that we can still have fun!

Beautiful day here and apart from a few errands, a fun day awaits.

Enjoy

Annie
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good afternoon Annie and goog morning to those on this side of the pond.

Annie, I hope that you enjoy the red nose friday.
Many people in this part of the US will have a red nose because of yesterday's St. Patrick celebrations.

Whatever you all are doing today, make it a good one.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning Annie and all who follow from upper East Tennessee where the day is supposed to be sunny and warm with temps into the mid to upper 70's F.

Nothing on the agenda to speak of except housework which I often find myself to busy to complete. For some reason, when it comes to such duties, I find myself a member of the IPC (the International Procrastinator's Club.

It's my big NASCAR Bristol weekend so will be ensconced in front of the TV tomorrow afternoon as well as on Sunday watching the boys run at (The World's Fastest Half Mile Track) just up the road. It's a half mile "bull ring" where one driver years ago described racing their as akin to "...flying fighter jets in a gymnasium). That little track accomodates well over 150,000 fans and there probably isn't a hotel room within a radius of 75 miles from Bristol.

Many locals rent their entire house out for the weekend and usually stay with friends or family over the weekend. I remember about ten years ago when we were in K-Mart's in Johnson City one race weekend running into a bunch of NYC firefighters out of Brooklyn who had rented just such a house. The elderly couple had nowhere to go so they moved into the finished basement on roll away beds but the boys just couldn't countenance them doing that, so they insisted the couple reoccupy the main floor of their own home and they moved into the basement with blankets, pillows, etc. which is why they were in K-Mart walking around with baskets full of such things.

That was so very considerate of them considering the five of them were paying something along the lines of three grand for the house for the weekend and NYC cops and firemen are known for "partying hardy." They also didn't do any partying at the house either (using the basement door as the house's entrance/exit) and adopted the elderly couple as temporary grandparents. One said they were having fun but were quiet as Church mice while in the house. He said they were leaving everything with the couple including a ton of food (buying far more than they ever intended because it was evident the couple were living on limited fixed incomes). Theirs was a very unusual and extremely generous gesture. the cou;e wanted to give them 4/5ths of their money back but they wouldn't think of it. What a bunch of nice caring kids!

Well, it's TGIF so I hope everyone is getting ready for a wonderful Friday and a fabulous weekend.

Prayers and a request for Blessings upon all continue unabated (including special prayers for those in Japan.
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Admiral

good morning all, sun is shinning, robins are bountiful, and its supposed to hit the mid 60's today, its good, and its friday
Old March 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning all and an especially good one it is! Our bags are packed, and we're ready to go CRUISING!!!!!! We will be leaving soon to sail on the Emerald Princess for 10 days. We will miss our Cruisemates friends who cruised with us a few years ago on this same cruise. Trivia won't be the same without them, but we'll see what we can do.

Hopefully I'll get to check in from time to time while we are sailing.

Take care everyone and my prayers will continue to be with you.

Phyll

Old March 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny and HOT NY
Old March 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!!! Gong to be a great springlike day at the Jersey Shore!

Have lots of garden type shopping to do so I am off to Lowes for Preen, fertilizer, mulch, and moss killer. Will be putting up screen house and draining and refilling the hot tub tomorrow as well as planting lettuce and wildflowers.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mallory Square Area from Cruise Dock, Key West

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I didn't make the good morning thread yesterday, as I was out and about too early.

PHYLL - BON VOYAGE!!!

Some cooling in Scottsdale today; it's only going up to 88, following two days in the 90s. I golfed the last two days, but today is set aside from floor washing, laundry, a bit of grocery shopping.

Had dinner out with my sister, brother-in-law and mother last night, and we had a nice visit. Have friends begin arriving tomorrow, so I'll be golfing (with them) 5 of the next 6 days.
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's nice and sunny here. Think I'll take my dad out this afternoon for a spin around the neighborhood.

Phyll, happy cruising.

Annie, enjoy your day.

Doug, you wanna come here and help with my gardening?

Todd, Mark Martin is from my hometown. I don't keep up with NASCAR, but I root for him anyway.

Kuki, enjoy the heat.

Henry, Lisa, and Manuel, I hope you guys enjoy a spring day.
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Red Nose Friday

Happy Red Nose Friday!

Bon Voyage, Phyl!

Keith and I are off in a couple of hours to Newport Beach. For me, a much-needed haircut, for us, probably lunch at P.F. Chang's later.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old March 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Good Morning Friends!

It's a beautiful spring day here in Oakville (12C!).

As of 11PM last night I was all packed, only to find out that one bag was perty close to 50 pounds. so I will be adding a third duffel tonight and dispersing some weight so I don't have to pay any surcharges.

I'll pack the toiletries and last minute items tonight, but hope to be in bed early. We'll be leaving at 4:30 AM to make our 7:40 AM flight out of BUF. *yawn*

I'll be gone for the week, try not to have too much fun without me!

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old March 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Meant to add that I'm excited because I'm doing my first meet&greet tomorrow. Unfortunately, there was not a lot of interest on a CM meet&greet but I registered for the CC meet&greet. I obviously don't know those folks as well, but i figured I'd do the M&G anyway.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old March 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from where it is already past 70 degrees in Virginia Beach. Right now Rob is relishing this warm and beautiful weather by riding his bike. As for me I did my usual Friday morning of cleaning the house, then it was on to do banking and then, last, but not least, food shopping. I checked my email after running my errands and garnered a $10 gift certificate from Kohls. Then, it was off to Kohls to take advantage of it. I bought a pair of pants, that was knocked down 70% and ended up paying only $.80 for it. "Such a deal!" Hope all of my fellow cruisemates have a great day. Todd enjoy Nascar in your area.
Old March 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Queen, have a good time.
Old March 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Thank you! I plan on it! [KNOCK ON WOOD] this is the first holiday in a long time, where we are all healthy. I'm still packing all the OTC stuff, just in case, but God willing, there won't be a runny nose amongst us this week.

...what's that? did Trip sneeze? cough? I sense germies. Running out of this thread before I catch something!

Blessings to all, hope you all have a great week!

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991