CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Warning for all 6-4-11 Carnival Liberty Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381287-warning-all-6-4-11-carnival-liberty-cruisers.html)

Mike M March 18th, 2011 05:26 PM

Warning for all 6-4-11 Carnival Liberty Cruisers

Betty, my daughter, SIL,grandkids and I will be on this sailing. It will be a nice family cruise. I have shock collars for the kids but plan on just letting them run around the ship, push all the buttons in the elevators and throw food in the MDR. ;):D

Seriously, it will be a fun family vacation. For some reason the kids are in Grandma and Grandpa's cabin and my daughter and SIL have their own cabin. How did that happen? :D

We're all pretty excited. Hopefully Nancy can get us adjoining cabins or close to each other.

Take care,
Mike

CruzNut March 18th, 2011 05:43 PM

I bet Betty had something to do with having the kids in your cabin!:p

How old are the kids and first names?

Moiraine March 18th, 2011 05:47 PM

Sounds like a fun time will be had by all.

Mike M March 18th, 2011 06:26 PM

The kids are Reiker, 5 and Ramie 9. Their first choice was Disney but grandpa has a hard time swallowing that cost. We can do this cruise for 1/3 the cost of Disney.

Take care,
Mike

Trip March 18th, 2011 06:48 PM

Something nice to look forward to:)

Fern March 18th, 2011 08:37 PM

Sounds wonderful to me! Have a great time :D! The children will remember it forever!

Moiraine March 18th, 2011 08:52 PM

Will this be their first cruise?

Mike M March 18th, 2011 09:24 PM

It will be the grandkids first cruise. My daughter and SIL have cruised with me before. They are already excited.

Take care,
Mike

Kuki March 18th, 2011 09:43 PM

Great idea. Sure Grandma and Grandpa will return exhausted :)

Moiraine March 18th, 2011 09:51 PM

Ooh, the grandkids will have a fab time then.

I know everyone is excited. I'm pretty sure Kuki is correct though, grandma and grandpa will be very tired on return.

Angela Z. March 18th, 2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1360536)
Their first choice was Disney but grandpa has a hard time swallowing that cost. We can do this cruise for 1/3 the cost of Disney.

Grandpa is a very wise man!
Enjoy!
Angela Z.

Cruznut2 March 19th, 2011 06:35 AM

How wonderful!! Enjoy and love every moment of special time with your family.

Laura

Manuel March 19th, 2011 10:43 AM

I am sure that this will a fun cruise for all of you.

I have sailed on the Carnival Liberty and she is a beautiful ship. :D

TM

Mike M March 19th, 2011 11:06 AM

I just talked to my TA, Nancy, and she was able to pull the rabbit out of the hat and get us adjoining cabins. One quad and one double. I am glad they were available this late. Now we will be able to open the door between cabins and the balcony partition and have one big cabin.

It's all working out.

Now to use some FF miles and get air. The airfare is going to be around
$400pp but we can use FF for 4 of the six tickets so it won't hurt as much.

Now I am excited.

Take care,
Mike

Moiraine March 19th, 2011 11:10 AM

Glad it's all working out Mike.

granny of the seas March 19th, 2011 12:37 PM

Mike - 6 years ago, we took our grandchildren and parents on their first Carnival cruise on the Liberty. At the time, the girls were 2-1/2 and 5 years old. They LOVED it, especially the giant slide on the Lido deck. They are both excellent "adult" eaters and enjoyed the food. The quad cabin was more than adequate. Since then, we have been with them on the Freedom and the Miracle. They say they like Carnival better than Disney as they love Bingo and there is no gambling on Disney. I know a good time will be had by all.

Leyla from Long Island

rollerdonna March 20th, 2011 10:26 PM

Mike, Reiker and Ramie are 5 and 9 ??? How did THAT happen?
Sounds like a fun time you have planned, wish we could join you with our granddaughter who will be 9 this summer. But before we make those kind of plans, I need to find a full time job!

donna

tiff91 April 1st, 2011 02:46 PM

Carnival liberty

Im going on the carnival liberty july 16 2011 . im 19 years old what can i do on this carnival liberty cruise since i cant get in the clubs. also i look like im 16

Queen of Oakville April 1st, 2011 03:49 PM

Sounds like a BLAST! I wish we could organize a family cruise ....

ready2gonow April 1st, 2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiff91 (Post 1363804)
Im going on the carnival liberty july 16 2011 . im 19 years old what can i do on this carnival liberty cruise since i cant get in the clubs. also i look like im 16

Tff, you will be able to get into the clubs, but will not be able to order alcohol. Also (I believe) you will be able to gamble. You won't be bored! I know you're looking forward to the cruise.