Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Sunshine

Good Morning CMs

Beautiful sunny day here - but might be a tad cold for some of you!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Annie
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and chilly here. Glad the wind has died down a bit....

I am off to urgent care to se if they can give me some meds that will work better..I have been sick for 4 days now,and so sign of it getting better

Make it a good one.

PS, I merged our threads...and funny, they were titled the same

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

It's cloudy and warm here. Housework is on the agenda...it always is. I'm going to get out today though and go to the library for a while.

Trip, I hope you can get some meds that will make you feel better.

Have a good day all.
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I was up too early this morning.. just couldn't sleep. Trip, hope you are feeling better quick!

Bright sunshine in AZ. High today is going to be 82. Got all my housekeeping duties done yesterday, and errands out of the way, so today I'm golfing.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good Saturday morning to you Annie, Trip, Moraine and Kuki as well as all who follow.

Dawned overcast but that has burned off and it has turned into a glorious Saturday.

Hope you have good luck at your clinic, Trip. I commisserate as I was so sick over a four day Christmas weekend until I finally got a Z-Pack that quickly put in check.

Glad to hear about your cruise with your Grand kids, Mike. Sounds like everyone's going to have a wonderful new adventure.

Finally got to sleep at 3:30 and was up at 6:30 getting caught up on some housework and laundry. Want to have everything done by the time of the Nationwide race from Bristol this afternoon.

Prayers and a prayer for Blessings continue including for all those unfortunate people in Japan.

Hope everyone has a bright weekend. Even if the sun is not shining in your area I so hope it is shining in your heart.

Todd
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Todd, I hope you plan a nap today.
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from a hoar frost covered Minnesota. It is beautiful out there with the frost on the trees. It should shortly burn off with sunshine and 40 degree temps forecast for today.

Just got off the phone with Nancy, my TA, and was happy to find out that she was able to get adjoining cabins. A quad and a double. It will be nice to open the door between the cabins and the balcony partition for the most room possible. Now that the deposit has been put down I'm excited.

Trip: I hope the Urgent Care takes care of your crud and you're better fast. We need a healthy Triplet around here.

Today will be dinner with friends at a Vietnamese restaurant that they rave about. I don't know how the grandkids (we have them this weekend) will go for Vietnamese but I know they will eat fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. Hopefully the place will be Gwai Lo enough to have these on the menu.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and enjoys the rest of the weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Captain

Just call me Lazy today. I somehow managed to sleep until 9:30am which is not like me. Guess it had to do with driving over 200 miles roundtrip to Cincinnati last night and getting home at 1am. We had a great time at our square dance which makes up for the drive.
Today it is a beautiful sunny day. We will be heading north later for more dances. Tonight in Bellfontaine, Oh and tomorrow evening in Columbus. I have made us room reservations for tonight...it is cheaper to stay than pay for gas back home then back north. We lucked out last night and got fuel for $3.38 a gal. That is much better than the $359 & $3.65 locally here.
Todd- I will have to listen to the Bristol races on the radio today and tomorrow which is better than missing them altogether. We have been to Bristol so many times in the past and have great memories. When we first went there all the seating was concreat on the old front strecth. Boy has that place changed over the years. The noise level when the cars are on the track is unreal. You are so right about getting a hotel in the area. We are forunate that we can drive down race morning and pray that the weather is good and no rain outs. Did that at least 25 + times. Enjoy your racing this weekend.
Trip- everyone around here seems to have the same thing you have. My daughter & youngest grandaughter have had it but thanks to some meds they are one the mend.
Mike- Can I go with you too? Got room in your cabin? Sounds like a fun cruise for you all.

Everyone have a great day. Prayers continue for all our mates in need and also the folks in Japan.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Sorry I've been MIA. It turns out my laptop hard drive blew up once we arrived in Alabama. We had lots of fun, but are really wiped out since we didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning and are now experiencing the time change full force.

Back to reality once more. While I am glad to be home, I really am not ready to deal with all the stuff here waiting to be done.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Sunny Connecticut.

Our weather is quite pleasant but not as warm as yesterday when we reached 75 deg.

Trip I hope that you feel better ASAP.

Todd, enjoy the race, and may your favorite win.

Have a nice weekend all.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Admiral

No sunshine here but plenty of rain, so we'll be wearing our rain jackets and carrying umbrellas for the next few days.

Keith has gone off to Riverside and I have house work planned, which is a good thing to do on a rainy day.

Have a good day no matter what kind of weather you have and no matter what you do.

Judy