Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Default Happy Spring Sunday!

Good morning....
Today is the first day of spring!!! Enjoy

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*

Last edited by Aerogirl; March 20th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Morning all. I wanted to sleep in today but five hungry puppies stormed the back door at the butt crack of dawn. It was too much to expect the teen to get up. I fed them three times. Needless to say they are growing like weeds. We have two bowls for them and all five try to eat out of one. I have to pick up a couple and put in front of the other one. My mop and bucket were sitting out there. They got to thinking that maybe they'd try them out as toys, so I moved them. Anyway, they are all piled up in their dog house asleep and I'm still up.

I guess housework is on the agenda like it always is. Never did get to the store to do the shopping, so that is a must do today.

Have a good day all.
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Good morning everyone:

Yesterday was to be a fun day with the grandkids and dinner with friends. All of that went down the tubes when my brain took a long vacation. It was worse than usual and took more than the usual dosage of medication to stop. Not a good thing and it left me in zombie mode until 2:00 a.m. this morning. Today I feel like I've been on three day bender and suffering from a hangover. Hopefully it was just a fluke and not something that will become the norm.

It was probably brought on by paying for the June cruise. The shock of spending that much money on six people was probably more than I could handle.

Today my daughter and son-in-law will be over to have a lazy day away from the all the work she is doing. She has been doing a lot of speaking engagements and traveling and that and her practice are wearing her thin. I think I'm just going to do an easy Sunday dinner and put a roast in the oven, mash some potatoes and steam some vegetables.
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Mike, I do believe you'd make a great zombie But, probably an even better vampire Sorry you had such a bad night.

It's heading to 81 degrees in Scottsdale today. I'm going to visit with some of my nieces and nephew today, and the grand nieces and nephews. Also check in on my mother, since she and her caregiver have to start packing as they head home Thurs.

A busy week coming up, as some other friends coming into town- so golf scheduled for Mon, Tues, Wed., Thurs .. so far
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM

I'm sorry yesterday was a bad day for you Mike. I don't know what type of health problems you have, but I do know they suck. I have a chronic illness that leaves me with better days and really crappy days...and I never go to bed knowing what the next day will be like. I od hope you have a better day today.
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM

Good morning Aero Girl, Moiraine, Mike, Kuki and all who follow.

So distressed to hear of your long episode yesterday, Mike. Hope that long a one is abberational and you'll be able to fully enjoy your cruise. You've certainly had more than your share of travail. I subscribe to a southern phrase that goes, "Ain't nothin' gonna' happen today what me and the Lord can't handle." I admit to sometimes feeling sorely tested but my Faith does help a lot.

Will be watching my Bristol race today so hope it doesn't rain.

Hope everyone has a magnificent weekend and of course prayers for those on my list and prayer for Blessings upon all continue.

Old March 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Default Happy Spring Sunday

Well, it doesn't exactly look like a happy spring day here. Ma Nature is getting ready to let us have it with what we are told will be a lulu of a storm. It's dark, cold, windy, and a little preliminarily (is that a word?) wet. It's the kind of day you just want to stay in your p.j.'s and snuggle up with a toasty cat, a good book, a good movie, or a cross word puzzle.

Mike, I am indeed sorry that some demon spoiled your day. Makes my very sore shoulder seem trivial, but every move hurts nonetheless, and tomorrow, the doc get called.

Well, the monsoon has started and the coffee awaits. I hope everybody has a nice Sunday.

Old March 20th, 2011, 01:41 PM

Hi mates

It's a nice sunny day here, after a beautiful moonlight last evening.

I see that many of us have health issues, so this thread makes me feel right at home.

I hope that you all have a wonderful sunday and I wish a happy spring to all as well.

Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13